BEWARE!!! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ON STAR TORTOISES, and HERMAN'S TORTOISES - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-10-2003, 11:12 AM   #11
HerpVenue
The addresses everyone was given differs.
The only thing that remains stead is the phone number.
And that phone number is registered to Micheal Estep. (see my prior post)

I wrote both e-mails and pointed them out to this thread....Apperantly to no avail.
In fact I told him his info and phone number and correct address....But still no response.

So when you talk to the cops have them investigate that addy i gave out.

Old 04-10-2003, 01:48 PM   #12
napavalleysnakes
Kara - Right you were !

Kara - Checked the Caller Box on our phone and sure enough, the number was Private !

Oh well, maybe Ritchie can figure this one out

Stephen Emerick
Napa Valley Snakes

Old 04-10-2003, 03:14 PM   #13
COBRAMAN
Actually the address that you got (Ritchie) is NOT correct. A detective there told me that the info was incorrect. Go figue!

Old 04-10-2003, 03:18 PM   #14
HerpVenue
Okay if everyone filed a complaint o the FBI center..I believe they can get this guy.
In your complaint you might want to include links to this thread....so they can see that an attempt is being made on numerous people.

As a matter of fact...it is not just an attempt.

Ray Hunter you can get him for copyright infringment (In my opinion)
NERD - you guys can go file a complaint because you actually sent money.

Go to the following link and you will see that it would be easy to file and get this guy out of the way. so he can scam no one.
http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

I am specially sensitive to the part where "they" pose as military overseas...GGGGGRRRRR

Get enough complaints about the same person...it should get someones attention.

Old 04-10-2003, 03:43 PM   #15
COBRAMAN
Your are correct, I am already trying to get him for that now. They are aware of all his attempts and actual rip offs. Someone called me yesterday to let me know that he also got burnt. If we ALL complain, they will go after the jerk.

Old 04-10-2003, 04:10 PM   #16
COBRAMAN
The FBI agent gave me this site www.IFCCFBI.GOV and a toll free # 1800-251-7581 and asked that anyone who has had any contact with this low life please contact them. The more cases they have the better.

Old 04-11-2003, 12:25 AM   #17
COBRAMAN
This just in from our friendly SCAM ARTEST @ Shannon71@columbus.rr.com
"Please do not email anymore as a Bcc of this request is being sent to spam. You or NERD are not out a dime, for those whom feel they have been scammed in anyway then take action as see fit. With that being said, there's no reason to receive any emails from you from this day forward.

Thank you."

So y'all don't bother this hard working honest man 'cause he needs his e-mail to be uncluttered while he is ripping people off.

Old 04-11-2003, 12:33 AM   #18
COBRAMAN
By the way, they even fooled the local police department. Here is a part of an E-mail from the officer working the case that was forwarded to me from YET another $400 victim of this guy:

The Patton's are aware of another family member who may be initiating the scam. Franklin County Courts do not jail people for violations involving these low sums of money. The Patton's are attempting to identify this family member or friend. They are aware that it is someone close to them that has a lot of their personal information. The tricky thing about prosecuting these cases is identification of the offender. Anyone can use a false identity from a computer. For example, describe me. Our mission here is to minimize the financial loss to the public. The problem is, the public keeps sending money to people they know nothing about. Welcome to my world.

Old 04-11-2003, 11:57 AM   #19
NewEnglandReptile
The more I see from dishonest people, the more I love my snakes!!

Actually, we ARE out the $750 until the reversal is completed by PayPal, and that can take a minimum of 30 days for them to investigate for fraud. For now that money is frozen & we won't know until the investigation is complete whether or not we will actually be refunded the full amount, although the odds are in our favor (knock on wood).

In the mean time we are pursuing legal action against Ashley & Shannon Patton, and will be more than willing to make their unscrupulous actions well-known throughout the reptile community. If it keeps even one person from being ripped off then the effort is well worth it.

Kara Glasgow - NERD, Inc.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #20
Blacky
Watch out for a women named Nina j.wallace she to is trying a scam with a star tort. She to is in a wheel chair and wants you to send money to her daughter who is out of town with no money. She says she is in california yet the address she gave is false and the phone number is a fax machine in washington. What is this world coming to???uggggg!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!