Fred Kick Misrepresented Animals, A thief to watch out for - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #11
Ed Clark
Howard, you offered the Mojaves in trade, right?

You sent the Mojaves to Fred Kick to pay off the female Pastels, right?

So the only problem is them sending the wrong female pastels, is that correct.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:59 PM   #12
Serafim
Oh thats funny Ed Clark asking a question and expecting an answer.

Howard can you post pictures of the snakes you were sent?

Old 11-23-2007, 12:15 AM   #13
HRoss
i will photo them in the afternoon. the little one is not ugly or outstanding, just another year away from breeding (if either of them ever eat again). simply put they were sold as 1000 gram animals. and, even more simple is the fact that they are very far from the 1000 gram mark they were supposedly at in june of 07, not to mention they are not the same snakes by a long shot

Old 11-23-2007, 12:19 AM   #14
Nagini
Does it look like they are late 06 babies, or that they could have been 1,000 g ,but when you put them on a payment plan they just stopped feeding them or something?

Old 11-23-2007, 12:51 AM   #15
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
Oh thats funny Ed Clark asking a question and expecting an answer.
Sorry Howard, I could have helped you on this. John is one of the toadies, soon his buddies here will take this simple problem so far off topic you wont even remember why you came here. mark my words...there will be lies, talking about light sabers and what not. a real circus. Good Luck Howard!

Old 11-23-2007, 12:51 AM   #16
HRoss
i have worked with a lot of ball python morphs. the young female i would say is an 06 by guess. her bodyweight is consistent for her length. if she had ever been a kilo she would be very very skinny.

the sea hag, she looks like a very old pastel. fred's receipt says "she wayed 1150 grams prior to her eliminating her stomach contents" (1150-800 is one big turd). she looks like a female that dropped a clutch this year, and has not even begun to recoup from it
i am going to dose her with flagyl and see if i can get a feeding response, but i would not hold my breath. i have tried mice, rats, and soft furs

Old 11-23-2007, 06:11 AM   #17
HRoss
as far as trades i did offer him my adult male as part of payment. because i knew i was replacing him with a newer version of the mojave ,that is mindblowing, towards winter

about a month past the terms of the original time. fred had mentioned taking just the one female pastel that i had more than payed for(which i wish by far i had done). it has been so long that i do not remember how the baby mojavies came up. it is fair to say it could have been either of us. but, once they did it was send me babies, cash no longer mattered i had them sold here locally and could have had the money the next day i mean we were already talking about a proven breeder mojave that had only hatched out his first few clutches of the season. so it is fairly easy to assume there are babies
so, yes the size and misrepresentation is my biggest concern. yes, i made a trade that i regret because i got know where near what i had tried to buy/ trade for.

the snakes are a whole nother season away from being able to breed if i am lucky. even if they had come in at a kilo i still needed to ad considerable size to them. and since they do not eat who knows. if they do not respond to flagyl after spring. then it is safe to say they are destined to become freezer pops. i for one would not sell them to anyone else, or risk taking them out of quarantine

all in all i got shorted 500 grams of pastel female weight, and a year of production.

now something i do not think i have been clear on is that in may when i gave him my deposit they were already a kilo each, so by august/ sept they had already lost huge amounts of weight. i guess this is not absurd figuring they are not the same animals anyway.

it is 6 am and i am sure my sentences are not structured correctly. so, i apologize to all the writing majors

Old 11-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #18
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
from what I have heard of the Kick Brothers/Reptile Addicts, you probably won't see much (if anything) in the way of compensation.
Harald,
Can you be more specific about what you heard and who you heard it from?

I have to admit this whole thread seems to have parts missing. First, there are payments being made to buy snakes. The buyer switches jobs and his income drops and he goes to the seller to see what arrangements can be made. The seller offers to just let him have one of the snakes since the payments already made amount to more than the cost for that snake. The buyer does not take that offer. The buyer claims that the seller then threatened him with a boi thread and that he then came up with some trade snakes to avert that possibility. All is well until the buyer gets his snakes and he says they are not the snakes he bargained for.
I'm a little hazy on the threat part, exactly what was threatened? The buyer says he was threatened with a bad boi thread but for what? He was making a good faith effort to make arrangements, and the seller made a good faith offer to let the buyer walk away with one snake. That actually sounds like a good arrangement. Howard, you said he made a direct threat to hurt you in the ball industry, can you be more specific?
It would be very upsetting to receive different snakes than what one thought one was going to get. I hope someone has notified the seller so he has the opportunity to answer for himself in this thread.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:31 AM   #19
HRoss
darn lucille

i just jotted down a novel to answer some of your? and to clarify a few points i feel that you have misunederstood.
when i went to spell check it. i lost the server connection

now at this point i have to go into town. i hope to better be able to clarify things for you later. and i am telling you it was a novel. what a shame
howard

Old 11-23-2007, 10:11 AM   #20
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoss
cash no longer mattered i had them sold here locally and could have had the money the next day
Then the obvious question is: Why didn't you do that? You were, by your own admission here, already past the terms of the original agreement.

Lucille - there aren't a lot of specifics to provide - check the BOI, and (I think) Herps in the News, those should cover the basics. As for "what I heard", that is largely nonspecific....a few random unflattering comments in chat a while back (I don't recall by whom), and several occasions of me playing the little bird nearby their table at shows - watching & listening to interactions with unhappy customers that bought from them a month or two prior, and even hearing other showgoers warning people away from their table. I didn't mean to imply that I had some "dirt".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!