Fred Kick Misrepresented Animals, A thief to watch out for - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #31
snakewrangler
I purchased a male leopard gecko from ReptileAddicts early this year at one of the Hamburg shows. It was an extremely beautiful animal for a very low price. I thought it was a "too good to be true" situation, but my girlfriend really wanted to buy him.

8 months later, the poor guy is still only 9 grams. He has been vet-treated and still only eats from a feeding syringe.

We called the phone number listed on reptileaddicts.com (when it was still a functional website) and were told by a guy who didn't want to give his name to "uh, just give the gecko some baby food."

It was the first and last time I do business with these guys and have recommended to other herpers on my own forum to steer clear as well.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:52 PM   #32
HRoss
imagine if he fools some poor bastard into buying that ghost striped ball.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:10 PM   #33
IloveSnakes1234
Reptile Addicts don't have a good rep. Maybe you could have searched the BOI before you purchased...?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...eptile+addicts

Old 11-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #34
Lucille
Howard

If you emailed him and sent him a link to this thread hopefully he will read it, and I presume he will be aware that many others will read it also.
What would it take on his part, to make you feel good about this deal?

Old 11-23-2007, 08:37 PM   #35
snakewrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveSnakes1234
Reptile Addicts don't have a good rep. Maybe you could have searched the BOI before you purchased...?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...eptile+addicts
Well, of course, I would have checked the BOI had it been an ad that I saw online, but we were at a show- it was an impulse buy from a dealer that I wasn't familiar with. I did it against my gut feeling and I learned my lesson.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #36
TripleMoonsExotic
Seth, did you by chance get an acid fast test done for your little gecko? The BOI thread linked in this thread states that he sold a crypto infected snake. I would be concerned about your little guy having the same highly infectious, incurable parasite.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:22 PM   #37
snakewrangler
No, but that's a good idea. I will bring it up when I see my vet in the morning- one of my boas has a sniffle.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:54 AM   #38
HRoss
wow, i am just blown away that i missed those threads. not sure how i could have. what blows me away are the amount of people who speak so kindly about these guys back in 2006.

well let me tell you from first hand experience their customer service is terrible unless they know they can deduct a payment from your debit card. and there so called high end ball python collection is not looking to good from where i stand.

lucille, you asked me a ? what i would feel would make it right. i just do not know. if the animals were good animals and just short of weight. i would still be pissed because of the completely different size range of the animals. and most of all the fact that there is know chance in hell they will breed this season (which was a big part of their selling stratagy). basically if they had been healthy and as good looking as they were shown to me and still had a combined weight of 1500 grams they would have been worth about 1200 or perhaps a little more. the price jump would have come into effect had they had an honest shot of breeding this season.
good luck to all
pure scumbags in my book: i tried calling many times after they shipped them fred would not answer nor return any of my voicemails. i got someone in there shop one day and he said he had no authority to talk about the deal.

after all of this i think i am going to go back to kingsnake and file a fraudulent seller complaint and see where it goes from there. he might be a wholesaler, but i bet he needs kingsnake to sell those high end balls

Old 11-24-2007, 07:11 AM   #39
HRoss
The BOI thread linked in this thread states that he sold a crypto infected snake.
jesus, now i am going to have to get them tested. they have not gurged, but how could they they do not eat. i hope others have learned from my mistake here

Old 11-24-2007, 10:18 AM   #40
FRED KICK
How about people hearing my side of the story.
We held the 2 snakes for him for over 5 months. After numerous stories he offered me his 4 mojaves as payment for the final $800 balance plus shipping.
I would rather of had the money but I graciously adopted Mr. Ross' deal to end our 5 month stailmate. He originally told me he would pay off the balance within 30 days. 150 days later I accepted his noneating new born mojaves of which 2 never ate and passed (so under weight when I received them, the 2 were less than 45 grams)

If I was being a prick I would have kept Mr. Ross' deposit, but I continually called him and tried to finish our deal.

As far as the 2 pastel females not eating.
They were doing great- unlike the newborns of which his 2 never ate. If he has questions on how to feed his newly acquired pastel ball pythons he could have asked and we could have told him how they got up to their size about 1000 grams as quickly as they did. As far as pastel balls loosing color over time, is an unfortunate fact in over 5 months, they usually start to loose some of the vibrant baby colors and dull out.

So howard you can call me and I can "unlock" the feeding dilema and tell you how to feed subadult ball pythons.

Oh and for the record...I just read all of the threads posted about me and I came across one that struck me as kind of funny. I just set up an account with this website TODAY so how would I have ben able to threaten you since you can't post on here unless you have an account.

Fred Kick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!