Bad Guy jenkim2485 BAD Lady - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
phrozen87
Exclamation jenkim2485 BAD Lady

First off my name is Brandon Decker and this post is about Jennifer Kimbro AKA jenkim2485...

I just want to let everyone know my experience with Jennifer, I recently bought a female off of her to breed with my male, the payment transaction off 300 (price of the dragon) and everything went smooth but the bearded dragon did not survive the trip. The temp here was in the high 30's at the time so it was partially my fault because i asked her to ship it in that weather. Well when she arrived she was in this very small container, so small her tail was up to her head and she looked like she couldn't move at all. And on top of that she ate some of the green peanut's that Jennifer put in the box because half of the container was cut off to fit in the box. She also said that their was cold spots in between Destinations, which i understand. And that she didn't guarantee refund under 33 degree weather.

I contacted Jennifer to see what i could work out with her as of a refund. She told me to go through ups because she had her insured for the 300. So I Filed a claim with ups because I didn't want her to lose out on her money and i didn't want to lose out on my money and I asked her what if ups does not refund the money and she told me that she would ship her other female for free. I thought this was very nice of her at the time and i was about to write this as a good guy post. Well they didn't refund the money and she said ship you're reptiles was working to get the money back. So I called them and they have no idea what i am talking about.

So I asked her about the other female and she said she doesn't want to lose any money in this so now i had to pay 150, but then she would send me the other female and a baby bearded dragon. I told her i didn't care if she sent me a baby or not as long as I was able to get the other female. So anyways i paid the 150 and then it turned out to be that she wasn't sending the other female because the temp is below 70 degrees. And now she doesn't guarantee anything under 70 degree's. She said she didn't want to ship her because that would be cruel if she died on the way here, so instead she wanted to send me 5 babies and the adult might be a mommy because she is trying to breed her at the moment, and that is when i figured that the reason she isn't sending her is because she is breeding her and it has nothing to do with the weather. So i decided to take the babies because i did pay 450 in all and had nothing to show for it. I figured that i could at least try to trade them for something new that i could get into like leo's.

A couple of these babies had small tail nip's and she didn't tell me anything about that and as soon as they got here I fed them some green's and they ate like they were starving. And i did try going through pay pal to get the 300 back because all she is doing is throwing me in circles. She is a liar and does not stand by her word. But that was just her business with me, who knows what she would try with you. And i got plenty of email's if anyone wants to see them just let me know how to post them. And if i forgot anything which i probably did, I am sure she wont hesitate to throw it in my face.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
garweft
You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the original shipping job she did would you? Like the container that was cut to fit in the box.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
TheFragginDragon
1. I don't think UPS (or FedEx for that matter) will not honor claims for loss of any reptile shipped, even if it is their fault. It is up to the shipper to refund the cost of the deceased animal (or replace it), if it is warranted per their terms of service regarding shipping (arrive alive guarantee, etc).

2. Did the seller state that the arrive alive guarantee was null and void for shipments made below 33 degrees before you asked her to ship?

Please post emails if you have them to substantiate your claims.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
WingedWolf
The shipping conditions sound completely ridiculous, and has she never heard of a heat pack? Was it even an insulated box? It sounds like she violated SYR's reptile shipping policies, too. They even have a video on their site, so it won't be too challenging for the non-readers. :P

Frankly, guarantee or no guarantee, I would never buy from a person who sent me an animal in a package like that, ever again. Even if it arrived just fine.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
chamgirl99471
Please post the E-mails that you have and any pictures that you have would also help this situation!! I feel bad for the dragons in this situation and also you Brandon!! This would definately be a "Buy With Caution" from me at this point in time because she did seem to try to rectify the situation but not in the best way possible!!

Old 04-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
SierraMarie
Brandon, Please post any pictures you have and also send Jennifer a link to this thread so we can get all sides of the story.

If I would of received a shipment with half of the container cut off, I personally would of never received a second shipment from them to make it right. If they don't care enough about the animals they are shipping out to ship them correctly then I would wonder what other short cuts they are taking with their animals.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
phrozen87
can anyone tell me how to post emails to where no one can say that i fixed them to say what i want it to? and i will check to see if i still have the pic thanks.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
phrozen87
i dont think that i have the pics that i took of her and i do apologize and their was foam in the box with two 72 heat packs underneath the container but i do have all the emails between her and I so as soon as someone lets me know how to upload them I will.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
phrozen87
and no she never told me about the live arrival until after she was already sent to me. But i sent her a PM with this link attached and everything so we should see her soon.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
Utta
Just open up your emails and copy/paste with headers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!