Question about traveling - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-06-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
a1littlesister
Arrow Question about traveling

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions and help I have gotten on here I hate to be a pest but I have another question...Oh yea..I got 2 poop samples in and they were OK..but the vet said since the loose stool just started then it would be a good idea to run another test in a couple weeks. But Abbott's poop wasn't as loose today so it could have been the wax worms.

OK my question is..a few weeks ago I posted about taking them with me on a short trip..we went and everything was great. Now I'm going back home to Tennessee for a few days..the trip is a 9 hr. ride and we travel at night going and coming home. I want to take them in their old 20 gal. tank like I did before. They are now 11.5" and 12" long. My husband thinks that would be too small for them and want to pack up their big tank. I have a large tank at home in Tennessee that I had my Burmese python in that they can stay in while we are there.... so for the 9 hr. trip would the 20 gal. tank be OK and will traveling for 9 hrs. be OK for them. I pack up my STO and take here..she loves the ride but she is awake all night anyway. Sorry to make this so long...Thanks in advance for suggestions and advice.
I have new pictures of the boys as soon as I can shrink them I'll post them.

Alexa

Old 10-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
A 20 gallon should be sufficient for a traveling tank. Your not going to be feeding, heating or watering them so really all they need is a place to sleep during the ride.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!