A Little Advice - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #1
a1littlesister
A Little Advice

Now that Abbott and Costello are a little over 4 months and still getting along quite well together I was wondering about what age they should be separated. I am thinking I don't have boys anymore. I have looked at the pictures on some of the care sheet sites...I think I have girls. Doesn't matter to me I have no intentions of breeding or anything. If I have 2 females can they stay together longer? I still plan on getting them each their own cage but if females can stay together longer I'll have more time to build what I want. They really seem to enjoy eachothers company and sit together all the time. If 2 females can and do like to stay together then I'll just build one big enclosure for them both and keep the tank I have for a just in case situation. I guess my question is...do females keep OK together or should they be separated like males?
Thanks
Alexa

Old 11-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
Bar None Reptiles
In my experience the females do just fine together. Of course there are always those alpha females that don't get along with anyone, so this is just a generalization and not a rule.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
Cat_72
I agree with Shannon. There are many females that can and do live happily together, provided they are given ample space....but as in any species (including humans ) there are always the ones who just don't get along well with others. I would just keep a close eye on them, and make sure both are getting plenty of food and access to the basking area.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #4
a1littlesister
Thanks for your reply. I have been keeping a close eye on them because I really thought they were male until I looked a bit closer. They are siblings and have been together from the start. When one started outgrowing the other I really started watching them to make sure the bigger of the 2 wasn't turning into a bully. But right now they still sit together and on top of each other like they did whey they were 6 weeks old. I'm not sure what age aggression could start with dragons so I'll keep watching. Thanks so much now I know that females can stay together if compatable.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:41 PM   #5
Brenda777
My 2 females are around 8 months old. When they turned around 6 or 7 months they started showing signs of aggression. They were not hurting each other just looked like they were trying to establish who was the dominant one. I kept a close eye on them. Both are close in size also. They fussed a little but have not for awhile now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!