Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 23 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #221
Reptilecam
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldboa777 View Post
My two cents:I think he sent you a dead snake in some type of insurance scam thing.. meaning you would get your snake plus he would get reimbursed for the dead snake he intentionally mailed you..Sorry this happened to you,and i hope it all works out. -Jason
Im not sure I understand this. Did you read the whol thread?

Old 04-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #222
ozz465
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldboa777 View Post
My two cents:I think he sent you a dead snake in some type of insurance scam thing.. meaning you would get your snake plus he would get reimbursed for the dead snake he intentionally mailed you..Sorry this happened to you,and i hope it all works out. -Jason
"X files Music plays in the background"

Seriously?? of the absurd comments on this abortion of a thread , this one takes the cake.What made you come to this conclusion? plz take your time and enlighten all of us on your theory. What type of insurance would cover this??

Old 04-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #223
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz465
What type of insurance would cover this??

From post #7 of this thread:
Quote:
March 20th
Kevin, I'm not requesting that you return the deceased boa to be a pain but it's needed for any possible insurance claim we might be able to pursue with our Insurance carrier. ...
March 21st
Kevin, It just occured to me that Sean thinks I'm filing a claim with FedEx and need his help, I don't. FYI I couldn't file a claim for anything from FedEx because the package was delivered on time and I had no declared value. The Insurance claim is with the company I have our boa and ball collections insured with, most big breeders have similar insurance and coverage.
Despite clear proof that the snake was dead, the seller absolutely refused a refund without receiving the body back. It does seem kinda odd to me given the abundance of photographic proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz465
Seriously?? of the absurd comments on this abortion of a thread , this one takes the cake.What made you come to this conclusion? plz take your time and enlighten all of us on your theory.
Reptilecam's theory doesn't seem any more far-fetched than others that have been thrown proposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts
How do you know it wasn't alive and Sean killed it intentionally. I admit my shipping was for cold weather but there's still a chance it could arrive alive and the criminal Sean killed it.
I don't buy into either side's conspiracy theories, but if the seller wants to throw wild speculation into the mix, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #224
Reptilecam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post

Reptilecam's theory doesn't seem any more far-fetched than others that have been thrown proposed.

FYI - that wasnt my theory.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #225
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilecam
FYI - that wasnt my theory
My apologies. Obviously, I meant to attribute the quote to baldboa777

Old 04-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #226
joshjtd
I would issue a refund and place the buyer on the do not sell to list. Higher dollar sales such as this will result in folks doing their homework. When they do, they will stumble upon this thread. Holding the money for a reason that may or may not be true, only harms your reputation. Do you really want to risk your rep on a suspicion?

Old 04-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #227
ozz465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post

Despite clear proof that the snake was dead, the seller absolutely refused a refund without receiving the body back. It does seem kinda odd to me given the abundance of photographic proof.

I don't buy into either side's conspiracy theories, but if the seller wants to throw wild speculation into the mix, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
interesting ,thank you for that .but suggesting the plan was from the start to scam the insurance provider is a rather big claim to make .

Old 04-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #228
HerpHobbiest
If Andrew Potts is producing High End Animals, shouldn't he know how to pack them, and ship them properly?

I can see how the buyer, Kevin and his partner, Sean would think that Andrew was trying to do something funny... Shipping a dead animal to make a claim on shipping insurance... And wanting the dead animal back was really important...

I am not saying that Sean was right to ask for an upgrade to their DOA Boa...

But, it looks bad for Andrew Potts to try and justify NO replacement animal and NO money back!!!

Now that we all have a good idea of what happen... Andrew and Kevin can settle this...

Old 04-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #229
Reptilecam
I agree with the money needing to be refunded but I still don't think Sean and Conner can be excused from this.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #230
ozz465
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpHobbiest View Post
If Andrew Potts is producing High End Animals, shouldn't he know how to pack them, and ship them properly?

I can see how the buyer, Kevin and his partner, Sean would think that Andrew was trying to do something funny... Shipping a dead animal to make a claim on shipping insurance... And wanting the dead animal back was really important...

I am not saying that Sean was right to ask for an upgrade to their DOA Boa...

But, it looks bad for Andrew Potts to try and justify NO replacement animal and NO money back!!!

Now that we all have a good idea of what happen... Andrew and Kevin can settle this...
Might be best for this specific thread and situation that people with your own BOI thread refrain from chiming in .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!