Black and White Mutation in Green Iguanas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
jasonlundquist
Black and White Mutation in Green Iguanas

I was just looking a picture of a black and white green iguana with no green pigmentation on the green iguana society web page http://www.greenigsociety.org/colors.htm (first picture can't miss it). The photo was taken by Meredith Martin. They say it was a mutation. Has anyone heard anything about these as far as numbers or is it just a unique ig? Has anyone tried to breed them? I think it is the coolest looking green ig I have ever seen. I'd take one over an albino or axthantic any day

Old 10-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
jasonlundquist
Would this be considered an anerythristic green iguana?

Old 11-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
Really
I read some place that the black and whites are considered xanthics and some place else that they are, indeed anerythristic. I've seen a couple of pics of others similar to that and I am desperately trying to learn more about the genetics of iguana color morphs but there is so little information out there. I've looked and looked on line, but there is almost nothing like it. My personal favorites are the axanthics and the yellow albinos that have lots of peach.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
Really
Oh, and I read that the reds are called etherystic iguanas. I don't know if that is accurate or not.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
jasonlundquist
Interesting! I am not into all the snake morphs so I am just learning the terminology. I have always wondered about the reds. Like you said their is so little info out there on iguana morphs.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #6
Really
I am learning a lot about my little blues. They go through the same color changes as greens do, for example when frightened or stressed, but it is variations of blue as opposed to variations of green.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!