What are you feeding? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-14-2004, 09:26 PM   #1
Nemesis
What are you feeding?

I am interested in what everyone is feeding their chams.

Old 07-14-2004, 11:08 PM   #2
JasonDescamps
Most of my reptiles eat roaches, crickets, superworms, flies and the occasional silkworm.

Old 07-14-2004, 11:13 PM   #3
Nemesis
Where do you get your silkworms and roaches?

Old 07-14-2004, 11:14 PM   #4
JasonDescamps
I buy my silkworms from Mulberry Farms. I breed my own roaches, about 10 different species. I enjoy them almost as much as the reptiles.

Old 07-15-2004, 09:36 AM   #5
elago
A varied diet

(Like Jason had mentioned) is the key to success when keeping chams. Crix, mealies, and supers are the more mainstream foods, the roaches work well also as they're mostly protein. Areas which do not receive any kind of insecticides can produce valuable field plankton of the appropriate size, they will also take nonnoxious moths, grasshoppers, katydids, ect. but again, it's important to collect field plankton in areas ONLY where there is NO insecticide of any kind, other than that field insects are very nutritious for your animals and make great additions to their diet as well. I never had any luck using silkworms for chams, for some reason they never wanted to eat them, but they're a good food source if you can get your chams to accept them. Just try to mix it up as much as possible, chams get tired of eating crix day after day without any variance. -Eric Lago *MS Reptilian Hobbyists*
http://msreptilianhobbyists.fabpage.com

Old 07-19-2004, 03:02 AM   #6
projectpardalis
i feed my chameleons crickets, lobster roaches, silkworms and superworms. i get my crickets and superworms from rainbow and i breed my own roaches and get my silkworms from californiasilkworms.com

dennis

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!