Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-05-2005, 10:30 AM   #131
TripleMoonsExotic
an adult female leuc WILL cost that much. if it truely is a leuc (and not a snow).

Old 01-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #132
lawndart
Got cleaned!

Hey,

How do you think I feel? I'm the one out the "cool 7"! Hell for that I could have picked up two high quality breeders from Dragons Den with lights & cages & decor & ...

Note to self:

And Blckkat,
How would one really tell the difference between the two? Hell, right now Beth isn't anywhere close to white, snow, leuc or het or anything. She is a light tan color at best and right now in 110 basking spot she looks like a light toned German to me. I'm not psyched but I'm not pissed either. Prices for Leucitics are amoung the highest I've seen. D. Den sells their sexable young'ns for $500. Check out their web site. They don't guarante color either. It's written right there! What does make me sick is looking at Dragons by Nature's going out of business sale. Now that hurts! My haste gets the better of my pocketbook again, Doh!

Hey,
My ignorance! I just hope she is what Terri says she is! I don't have any reason to doubt her. Like I said, she has been helpful to me in every way! Thank goodness to, for $700 I'd fly out there personally if I was getting the shaft like our man who started this thing for resolution.

Anyone know of really good greeders of collector quality dragons other than those mentioned here? If so, drop me a link.
Thanks

Old 01-05-2005, 02:45 PM   #133
TripleMoonsExotic
I'm not sure how to explain to you how to tell. That would depend on whom you speak with.

I had the same problem with another breeder (if you read what I had typed pages ago). I purchased a "snow" from Sunshine Dragons and received anything but what I expected. They had pictured on their site WHITE dragons as snows. Nova's isn't white...he's tan...Talk about big disappointment. Now I've purchased a Orange Snow from Dragons by Nature...and she IS an orange snow...Wonderful coloring, and she's half the size of Nova!

I wish you luck and hope you didn't throw away $700 for nothing. If you're really disappointed, request a refund and send her back. I didn't have the heart to do that with Nova, I love him dearly...but he didn't set me back $700 either...

Old 01-05-2005, 06:25 PM   #134
woodlyn
Angry Terri and Fire and Ice citrus

This response is rather late in coming considering the beginning date of this thread, but I had to get my two cent in because my experience was as bad as Jonathan's was with Terri. I dished out $450.00 for a "breeding quality citrus" , if they are drab olive-yellow, than I guess I got what I paid for--anything but a citrus. Only I paid $300 over what her now stated breeder quality cost.

This was my respose to Jonathan-

My brother gave me a copy of your original posting and I almost fainted.
Word for word -- this was the same experience I had with Terri also. Complete with the screaming and accusations over the phone.

I was even told this particular dragon was her personal favorite and that she sat on her shoulder while she went about her daily chores and if I EVER wanted to return her she would take her back rather than see her end up in a pet shop.

It took me over 2 months before I felt that Joy "was out of the woods and on her way to surviving" Oh, I did the strained baby food chicken and fruit, cover the cage with white paper to lessen her stress, adjusted the temperature up and down, increased and decreased length of day light.

What I had wanted to purchase was a "citrus" female supposing breeder quality-What a joke! For $450.00 I received a pet quality female.
She has never had a good appetite nor will she ever be a true citrus.
I tried to return her to Terri and as you never got a response. I said I would settle for a partial refund between a pet quality and breeder quality priced dragon--no response.
Joy has never reached 350 grams even though she is out of two dragons that are over 425 & 570 grams. She is now a year and a half old. Still a picky eater, hates to be held and is the most putrid shade of yellowish-olive green you will ever see.

If she (Terri)were the last person on earth that had bearded dragons, I would never buy nor recommend any one else buy from her.

Like you, I have learned the hard way. I have purchased other dragons since that fateful day, all of which are thriving, fat and healthy and exactly what they were advertised to be.

I wish you luck in your pursuit of a refund.

Lynn

Old 01-05-2005, 06:30 PM   #135
jnewsome26
The end of the road

Well folks, here is the end of the road for us.

Just got off the phone with the CC company for the final time. They have told us that because we have not attempted to ship the animal back, and cannot prove that we expressed our desire to exercise the garauntee within the initial 30 days there is nothing to be done. Never mind that it's a live animal and no breeder in the world would ship one without the certain knowledge that there was someone on the other end waiting for it. Not to mention that Fire and Ice's garauntee is contingent upon the receipt of a healthy animal, and moreover we don't want the animal to die! Since Terri cut off contact with us, and used phone as the primary form of communication with us before that we have no documentary proof that we requested the refund within the alotted amount of time. Never mind that we notified the CC company of our desire early in our dispute, telling them the breeder had cut off contact with us, they seem to have no record of that, and our 2nd time talking to them that was STILL within 30 days of receipt, which they DO have a record of, apparently does not constitute proof of desire to return the animal.

We're out $560, 500 for the animal and the 60 she charged us for shipping. My girlfriend's so upset about this she even canceled her account with Discover. So yeah, it seems someone went down to the hardware store and bought a nice shiny screw just for us. Anyway, for those of you still doing business with Terri, she was really nice to us, up until we used that magic word "refund". Be warned, and use e-mail or signed snail mail to communicate anything important that way you can prove what you said to her. Otherwise you end up like us, she told us she preferred to communicate by phone since she gets hundreds of e-mails a day and we foolishly believed her, never realizing that if a dispute came up, all she would have to do is refuse to communicate with us and it would come down to our word against hers.

I know several of you are going to point out the obvious mistakes I made, like trusting her in the first place. I should have required photos, I should have saved every e-mail that ever went back and forth between us, I should have done a lot of things. All I can do is plead ignorance and admit to the fault of a trusting nature. It's gotten me in trouble before, but I just never learn, or maybe I just refuse to approach people from an immediately suspicious point of view. I don't know, I'm just burned by this whole thing, and now have to figure out what to do with an animal we bought as a pet that doesn't seem to like anyone. Hope this helps someone else,

Jonathan Newsome

Old 01-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #136
lawndart
Yeh,
I notified Terri last night via email that if the dragon I got is not snow white within a couple of days I'm going to request a refund. I called my bank and they said that I will need to send the merchandise back before they will even start a dispute, if it goes that way and from the sounds of it here, it very likely will. Funny though, I have not heard back from her yet. It hasn't been long though. Sorry to hear about Discovery giving you the shaft. That sucks! We as consumers are really out on a limb in situations like this. I'm thankfull that most of my communication with Terri has been over the internet. I have all of the documentation. Does anyone know her address? I need to know before I ship the dragon. I don't think the P.O. Box is a good idea.

Any ideas folks?

Old 01-06-2005, 03:48 PM   #137
lawndart
Hey, I see 8 other people viewing this thread. Waddaya think. waiting for your replies!!

Old 01-06-2005, 03:55 PM   #138
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewsome26
Well folks, here is the end of the road for us.
Jonathan-

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for posting. Hopefully people will catch on and use the BOI. At least by your posting-you will save a few individuals the time and money in dealing with a true "rip-off" artist. Looking at the recent postings she's pretty good at ripping folks off. It will catch up to her. Having good ethics in business is always the key to having a long lasting career, not matter what you sell or do. You never see really successful folks with shotty ethics....ever!!

Have a great New Year!

Bthacker

Old 01-06-2005, 04:02 PM   #139
Bringerofdoom
im glad these people were exposed on the boi. i used to think their dragons were awesome and always wanted one of thiers. now i see how they are and they shurely will not see any of my money..

Old 01-06-2005, 05:34 PM   #140
mikey
I saw Terri was advertising on Kingsnake, so I e-mailed her to see why she does not try to settle up the the many unhappy customers she has..This was her response...

Date: Wed Jan 5, 2005 9:17:05 PM US/Central
To: <jhubert1
Subject: Re: Message about: FIRE AND ICE DRAGONS GORGEOUS REDFLAME X BLOOD SHOW QUALITY SUBADULT!

Dear Mr? Hubert,

I'm afraid that you have been misinformed if someone has told you we started
anything. If you are referring to the libelous slander a competitor is
behind, I'm afraid our silence will have to do. I'd rather clean cages and
continue our work with tracking bloodlines around the country than spend
time playing into a competitor's hands. Wouldn't you? After all, it is
rather easy for competitors to sign up with fake emails, and say anything
they want, don't you think? You know, George Washington had the same thing
done to him by General Gates. His integrity kept him quiet. As will mine. I
thank you.

----- Original Message -----
To: <terri@fireandicedragons.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 6:37 PM
Subject: Message about: FIRE AND ICE DRAGONS GORGEOUS REDFLAME X BLOOD SHOW
QUALITY SUBADULT!

I can't believe you are on here selling when you have so much unfinished
business already. You need to visit Fauna and clear this up. You are
starting quite a thread over there and We sure all would like to hear your
side of it. Thank You

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!