Jeff Ronne - Boaphile Plastics - BAD GUY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:51 AM   #1
MorphCapital
Thumbs down Jeff Ronne - Boaphile Plastics - BAD GUY

On August 29 I sent $622.00 to Jeff Ronne at Boaphile Plastics, to purchase two 234A Arboreal Cages. After calling later that week because I never heard or received notification of payment receipt, I was told that I would receive the cages in 3-5 weeks.

After approximately 8 WEEKS I called Jeff Ronne for a status on the cages, he (Jeff Ronne) then told me that he would be shipping the cages within the next couple days and I would receive the tracking numbers via email. A couple days went by and nothing so I called again, and he (Jeff Ronne) told me, “next Tuesday.. you will receive the tracking numbers. The following Tuesday came around, still nothing. I then again called and he (Jeff Ronne) said Friday he will ship and I will receive the tracking numbers.. Friday rolled around.. NOTHING. Finally.. Monday I receive an email with two tracking numbers.

The tracking numbers stated that the cages would be at my location for delivery on Oct. 19th. October 19 rolled around and no cages.. I then spent the next two days on the phone trying to track down my cages because Jeff Ronne did not include the suite number which I provided him to ship to. I contacted Jeff Ronne and he continually denied responsibility, claiming that FedEx is lying to me and he included the suite numbers on the label.

Finally the cages were found and I had to drive out to the FedEx shipping Hub get them where I took a picture of the label, and of course, there was no Suite number.

I took the cages home and opened them up and to my surprise! DAMAGED cages. I emailed Jeff Ronne about the damaged cages and he is completely ignoring my contact attempts.

So in conclusion, I spent $622.00, to only have to wait over 2 months for a damaged cage. This transaction has been a disaster, I have never experience such irresponsible business practices. I am very frustrated / disappointed with the lack of service provided by Boaphile Plastics and will never buy or recommend them to anyone.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
MorphCapital
Damaged Cages

Old 10-30-2006, 10:07 AM   #3
Steve Hamm
That is a big time bummer.
Is he gonna make good on the damaged cages,or are you stuck with them the way they are?

Old 10-30-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
MorphCapital
Paypal Receipt & Shipping Label

Disclaimer: My City, State and Zip have been blurred out to protect the address of my facility.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #5
MorphCapital
Reply to Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. It is a bummer. Jeff Ronne @ The Boaphile has ignored all attempts to contact him. As of now, it does not look like Jeff is going to even acknowledge that their is an issue.

Thanks

Old 10-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #6
Lauren Summey
Jeremiah,

How long has it been since you contacted Jeff to let him know about the damaged cages? hopefully he has a reason for not replying to you yet... Sorry to hear about the damaged cages; hopfully they will make it right.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:33 AM   #7
MorphCapital
Reply to Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for the reply, I first contacted Jeff Ronne on Oct. 20, the day I finally received the cages. I have made numerous attempts to contact him since via phone and email and I have yet to hear from him.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:34 AM   #8
Cat_72
If you received the cages 2 days after the 19th, that would be the 21st (Fedex open on a SUnday?? No way! LOL), so it has been approximately a week that he has been not responding to you. While none of this is "right", as Lauren said, there is a good chance he may be out of the shop for the week? On vacation? He DID answer all of your calls before.......hopefully there is a logical explanation for his lack of communication.

I have heard of others having trouble getting ahold of Jeff at times (see other threads on here about him), however I have always had good luck? I think those who had problems with him and his cages have always had them made right in the end, from what I recall. Doesn't help you now, but keep trying.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:38 AM   #9
Lauren Summey
Jeremiah,

It seems strange that he hasn't contacted you yet reguarding the damaged cages after having known of it for 10 days... Has Jeff/Boaphile been made aware of this thread? Maybe he can explain his reason for not contacting you yet? Hopefully you'll hear from him and be able to get this worked out.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:43 AM   #10
MorphCapital
Reply to Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for the reply, I picked up the cages from FedEx on Friday, Oct 20 2006 at 6:30 PM. When I wrote "two days" I should have been clearer, sorry. FedEx does not deliver packages after 5:00 PM on a business day; I was to receive the cages on the 19th. Two "business days" (This is how FedEx described it to me) had passed when I picked up the cages. Sorry for not making that clear.

Good catch!

I do hope he will make it right.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!