Bad Guy Samantha Walters / A&S Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #31
A&S Reptiles
Willow, I did disclose how she ate and I'm sure sketchy was the word I used. Neither of us have proof and it's just a he said she said thread. At 1000 grams small rat from our colony was big for her at that time. At 2000 grams it's just a snack.

Brandy, I never said anything about your snake. That was someone else and Jon said your guys name. I agreed, because I didn't want to pay for your animals. Nothing wrong, just overpriced in my opinion. "Dang right Jonathon" was the only thing I said on that entire post. Then it was deleted.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #32
Willow
Did you disclose the dramatic weight loss and increase????

Old 07-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #33
A&S Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
I am also wondering why the meal size was contradicted in your texts

First you say the snake will only eat small rats, then you say it gained weight because of a few big meals.

The issue at hand here seems to be that you are just not coming off as an honest person. It is VERY confusing
Quote:
this worries me as well...a snake looses 50% of its body weight in what....a month? two months at the most? (need to account for the time it took to gain it back...you only had her 6 months)

Why on earth did you not take this animal to the vet? nor disclose such a dramatic weight loss and increase!
Maybe I should have, but she was extremely energetic, more so than some of my baby ball pythons. If she was lethargic it would have been a different story. But that snake never stopped moving, I did not tell him she dropped that weight because I did not think it was an issue. She gained every gram back. We are at 7000 feet elevation and she came from California. It was also getting colder.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #34
Willow
50% weight loss and regain in a 6 month period....if you did not disclose that information, you really should not be wondering why this thread is here....

Old 07-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #35
Willow
in a 6 month time frame on a full grown ball python people start to worry when a 20% loss has happened...especially if they are eating every so often

you had 50% loss....and you sold the snake without informing the person of such an issue

That is just baaaaaaad

Old 07-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #36
Brandy Pecanic
Quote:
I am also wondering why the meal size was contradicted in your texts

First you say the snake will only eat small rats, then you say it gained weight because of a few big meals.

The issue at hand here seems to be that you are just not coming off as an honest person. It is VERY confusing
Great eye Willow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S Reptiles View Post
How so? I gave him a list of things to try and he called it "bombing his setup". I moved homes and she took them all in a row. Stupid things like that get a ball eating. And your last comment will be taken to heart. I will make sure to be more specific in my wording. I wish I had not forgotten his feed card for her. This probably would not have been a problem if I did. Yes a feeding snake but not a good one. Would you want a snake that eats once a month? No, so she's not a feeding snake.
Tom has a Snow Rosy Boa, named Frosty, had him for nearly 8 years from what I have been told.... He eats 8 times a year. The answer to your question... Yes, we have about 20 BP's that eat once a month, but guess what, if you try a different type of rodent, they slam that! Try it sometime.

Quote:
Honestly, I do not have a single clue. I got her at 2000 grams as a virgin, the first month she did not have a single meal and lost close to 1000 grams over time. She started taking meals and gained it back. I can not tell you how or why but she did. I can't tell you how my female black back gained 900 grams in 5 months after laying a clutch. Maybe because she was already of that size and it was easy for her to gain it back. I'm sure if googled something like this will pop up. I understand it's alot of weight and I was sure as heck baffled at this as well. But she was 2000 grams when he bought her.
That entire post sounds like a lie, nice try!

Quote:
your attitude in the texts left a lot to be desired. You had a worried, confused customer asking for help, and you gave attitude, then decided you were just done with them. Someone who has gotten a snake from you and hasn't gotten it to eat since it left your care is going to be a little shaken up by the experience. Next time I suggest being a little more gentle with them to avoid creating a bad situation.
Willow, I am so glad that you notice that crummy attitude. It is irritating me heavily! It's giving Newbies like me a bad name, I am scared to get into this World with what I am seeing.

I'm new and I know the following basic business principal. Next time a customer comes to you with a problem Samantha, treat them the way you would like to be treated... Golden Rule!

Old 07-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #37
Willow
At this point it no longer matter about the "he said, she said" stuff Samantha

YOU admitted to not disclosing the weight loss and regain

a 50% weight loss and regain in a 6 month period....is NOT a healthy snake AT ALL!!

You sold an unhealthy snake, without disclosing that information to the person you sold it to.

Ouch!!

Old 07-16-2012, 06:17 AM   #38
Brandy Pecanic
Quote:
Willow, I did disclose how she ate and I'm sure sketchy was the word I used. 1) Neither of us have proof and it's just a he said she said thread. At 1000 grams small rat from our colony was big for her at that time. At 2000 grams it's just a snack.

Brandy, I never said anything about your snake. That was someone else and Jon said your guys name. I agreed, because I didn't want to pay for your animals. 2) Nothing wrong, just overpriced in my opinion. "Dang right Jonathon" was the only thing I said on that entire post. Then it was deleted.
1) Hmmmm. I think your favorite words were assumptions and Tom's husbandry as you called it in the Kelly thread. Which leads me to #2 in bold.

2) Tom tells me that he charges slightly more, because our customers will never have to worry about a 'basket case' problem snake like you got caught here 'dumping' for the price of a healthy adult female. We spend countless hours, upon countless hours making sure our animals are running in a straight line, and acting the way they should. What I mean to say is, feeding properly, which leads to a content animal, which leads to an animal that can acclimate to any enviroment, even at 7000 ft. above Sea Level. This is the difference in that $50-$200 difference that somebody is asking for an animal. So the next time you see two similar snakes advertised, and one is priced a little more, you know you want to pay the lower price, but the higher priced one looks better, and comes from a reputable name....... these are reasons why you want to "overpay" Samantha? Nobody dictates a market and what things should go for, it's what somebody wants to pay for the item and have peace of mind at night.

Quote:
50% weight loss and regain in a 6 month period....if you did not disclose that information, you really should not be wondering why this thread is here....
Right on!

Quote:
in a 6 month time frame on a full grown ball python people start to worry when a 20% loss has happened...especially if they are eating every so often

you had 50% loss....and you sold the snake without informing the person of such an issue

That is just baaaaaaad
Horribly baaaaaaaaaad! Been on our DNBFOST list for a year I think.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #39
Lucille
Quote:
Maybe I should have, but she was extremely energetic, more so than some of my baby ball pythons. If she was lethargic it would have been a different story. But that snake never stopped moving, I did not tell him she dropped that weight because I did not think it was an issue. She gained every gram back. We are at 7000 feet elevation and she came from California. It was also getting colder.
Samantha, the whole point of disclosure is so you never have to worry about or second guess what someone else feels is important. And that is important to you and your future.
Not disclosing something minor is no big deal, not disclosing something major could be considered fraud depending on circumstances. Sometimes it's hard to decide for yourself whether something is major or minor, but I'm thinking that when in doubt, go ahead and say something. To me (as an ordinary person and not an expert in snake weights), such a weight loss should have been disclosed.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #40
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy Pecanic View Post
1) Hmmmm. I think your favorite words were assumptions and Tom's husbandry as you called it in the Kelly thread. Which leads me to #2 in bold.

2) Tom tells me that he charges slightly more, because our customers will never have to worry about a 'basket case' problem snake like you got caught here 'dumping' for the price of a healthy adult female. We spend countless hours, upon countless hours making sure our animals are running in a straight line, and acting the way they should. What I mean to say is, feeding properly, which leads to a content animal, which leads to an animal that can acclimate to any enviroment, even at 7000 ft. above Sea Level. This is the difference in that $50-$200 difference that somebody is asking for an animal. So the next time you see two similar snakes advertised, and one is priced a little more, you know you want to pay the lower price, but the higher priced one looks better, and comes from a reputable name....... these are reasons why you want to "overpay" Samantha? Nobody dictates a market and what things should go for, it's what somebody wants to pay for the item and have peace of mind at night.

Right on!

Horribly baaaaaaaaaad! Been on our DNBFOST list for a year I think.
Outstanding posts throughout by my Brandy! The link to the other thread and this say everything I needed to say. I'm shocked!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!