Really Simple but Awesome Pork Steaks - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 04-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
WingedWolf
Really Simple but Awesome Pork Steaks

Ingredients:

Fresh Basil (plenty)
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Lean pork steaks

Trim all of the fat from the pork steaks that you can. Heat several generous tablespoons of olive oil, then add in a generous handful of whole, fresh basil leaves. Fry briefly to release flavors, and add sea-salt to taste. Place pork steak in pan, on top of the basil. Season the uncooked side with a bit of sea salt. Flip after the first side is browned--many of the leaves will stick to the cooked side, and you want that to happen, so leave them there. Push any remaining leaves under the uncooked side, and then cook until done. Serve immediately.

Tips: Better quality pork steaks are less likely to be tough when cooked, even if they are lean. The fresher the basil, the better--if you grow in your own garden, that's perfect. You can throw in the stems too, if you can't be bothered picking the leaves off.

Result--melt-in-your mouth flavorful, tender goodness.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
SamanthaJane13
GAWD!!!

I LOVE BASIL!!!

I'm gonna try this one SOON!!

Old 09-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
BigTattoo
Try brining your pork in salt water for about an hour before cooking. Pat dry with paper towels after brining and before seasoning. This will help them remain much more moist and tender.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
deborahbroadus
Ooooooo, I'm so gonna try this!

THANKS!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!