Inquiry Ron Billingsly - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #31
Ron Billingsley
Mike, sorry I don't keep daily detailed logs.
This happen back in June? The animal was discounted because of it, and she knew it. Some time.... I don't have records.... a couple days. Full refund.
It even wasn't for that much money. I would have to go back and view history on Pay Pal, but that of cource is besides the point. She said she is no longer going to purchase WC animals. That's fine. I'm not offended by her post at all. People loose animals. Even CB animals die. It happens. What I was defending myself by was the fact she wanted a refund, and it took me a couple days to do that. When I got power back on, she was refunded. I emailed her the day I did, and I even got a thank you email back.
Case closed. If other "people" want to keep flaming the fire.... let them. I can't stop them from doing so. I've said my peace.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #32
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Billingsley View Post
It is not for you to point out my wording. You had no business to even post anything. If you had brought some ideas to the table, or to have some kind of input, that would have been wonderful. But to just cut and paste to give you more numbers on your post count.. that was in poor taste.
Oh piss off Ron. I am entitled to my opinion and can post whatever I like as long as it is within the rules here and you have no place telling me what I can or cannot post here. The only poor taste was your choice of words as I pointed out.

Quote:
And you people are wondering why the BOI is loosing it's popularity?
The BOI was a wonderful Tool, but with all the BS and thread stealing that goes on.... that is why most feel it's run it's corse....
Ah, the famous quote from the many who are on the bad end of a BOI thread.

Quote:
David, you can threaten me all you like... call me any name you like....
I'm done. Take this and run with it.......
I don't threaten Ron, I just do what I say I will do unlike some here. And Ron I haven't called you anything, yet.

Ron, since you want this thread to stay on track and since it is an inquiry into you, Ron Billingsly, I'll keep it on track. I have seen Ron a number of times at shows and I would not suggest purchasing from him. I have seen many animals that were below par and some that had absolutely no place even being displayed whatsoever. I have witnessed him having to remove animals from being displayed at his table because of their piss poor quality and and or condition on more than one occasion.

See Ron, I told you, you should have kept your mouth shut.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #33
Ron Billingsley
oooooo from a one table cricket vendor........ me so scared!
Please, your a poor exscue for a vendor, that only does what? two shows?
Next Taylor show, I'll bring 10,000 crickets.. and sell them for.... $5 a thousand. I'll do that for four shows.. no six shows. What else.... hmm.... let me think... I'm sure I can sell some other things... I'll get back to you on it.
Dude, I've been around for 25 years, and I'm sure, and god willing, I'll be around 25 more... nothing you can say is going to hurt my business.
I sell WC animals. I sell CB animals. I sell $2 geckos, I sell high dollar animals. It goes with the territory. Pet stores want cheap animals, vendors want cheap animals.
My personal collection, and high dollar animals arn't worth taking to Taylor.
No one there buys expensive animals. You know that. But again, you are trying to make yourself look important, and your not. you just sit behind the computer and talk smack. Let's talk smack at the next Taylor show ok? While I'm selling $5 boxes of crickets, ok? See you there David.
PS would 10,000 be enough you think? I can bring 20 or 30 if I need to.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #34
nraduski
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Oh piss off Ron. I am entitled to my opinion and can post whatever I like as long as it is within the rules here and you have no place telling me what I can or cannot post here. The only poor taste was your choice of words as I pointed out.

Ah, the famous quote from the many who are on the bad end of a BOI thread.

I don't threaten Ron, I just do what I say I will do unlike some here. And Ron I haven't called you anything, yet.

Ron, since you want this thread to stay on track and since it is an inquiry into you, Ron Billingsly, I'll keep it on track. I have seen Ron a number of times at shows and I would not suggest purchasing from him. I have seen many animals that were below par and some that had absolutely no place even being displayed whatsoever. I have witnessed him having to remove animals from being displayed at his table because of their piss poor quality and and or condition on more than one occasion.
See Ron, I told you, you should have kept your mouth shut.
I have seen Ron at many shows and I have seen his tubs with dead lizards and other poor quality animals that had to be removed as well. Just stating what I have seen though.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #35
lanceheads
Nicholas, you have a last name?

Randal

Old 10-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #36
nraduski
Sorry always forget that

Nick Raduski

Old 10-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #37
lanceheads
no problemo, you might want to change it on your profile to the left, it's easy to do.

Randal Berry

Old 10-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #38
Will0W783
NO he absolutely did not mention anything about an abscess prior to purchasing and he did not cut the price. The animal was $65. I had asked about a guarantee- and fortunately he gave me a 1-week guarantee because I had mentioned I was slightly leery about purchasing a WC animal. There were only two specimens present- the one had had an obviously bad shed and I decided to purchase the other one that looked cleaner shed-wise. I didn't notice the cloaca problem at the show because the animal had not recently passed waste I suppose. The snakes were on sand at the show, which should have been a tip-off to me not to buy one, but hindsight is 20/20. NO I WAS NOT MADE AWARE AT ALL OF THE CLOACA "ABSCESS" PRIOR TO PURCHASE. I did contact him immediately after I noticed the problem when I got the snake home and he responded very quickly and told me to soak it overnight in lukewarm water and hope for the best. I soaked the animal off and on throughout the night for 10 minutes at a time and each time it gulped water like it was the last time it'd ever see it. The next morning I offered it food which it declined. It passed a copious amount of green urine-like fluid with chunks of sand and pus in it. The animal passed away three hours later. Honestly Ron I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt- but the fact that you responded to my questions about its care while still alive within hours but took days, multiple emails and phone calls to get you to respond once it had died, piqued my suspicion. You asked for photos to prove its death and I sent them to you the next day, and again it took days to get you to respond. Then you said you'd send me the other animal you had, and again it took days to get you to follow up on that, whereupon when I finally got ahold of you you said you'd sold it! You offered me credit- I did not want credit as I do not want to buy another snake from you. It might have just been bad luck, but the fact that the animal did not last 24 hours in my care and was showing apparent visible signs of illness as soon as I got it home, says it wasn't my fault it died. If it had died in like 5 days I would not have bothered to ask for a refund, since then it could have been something I did. But I hydrated the animal aggressively, gave it a warm cage, tried to clean the vent out gently with a stream of sterile saline, and it still died. Had you been timely in responding to me- and I think 3-4 days is more than enough time to respond when you responded in hours while the animal was still alive, I would have absolutely no problem with you. I feel your customer service is severely lacking and that the animal I got was not cared for properly. I know it's a gamble with WC, but it was obviously not something I did to the animal as it didn't live long enough for my care to matter. And DO NOT EVEN TRY to tell people you told me it had an abscess and you lowered the price- that is a flat-out lie. I would not have purchased an animal that had an abscess or any infection I knew about!!!! I felt devastated when it died, as I tried my darnedest to keep it going, but it was too far gone. Here is the copy/pasted record from my Paypal. I bought the snake on August 1, and it was August 12 before I got a refund, and I'm convinced I only got it because I kept calling and checking up every few days.

Aug 12, 2009
* refund of Spliotes

Refund From Ron Billingsley Completed Details 65.00 0.00 $65.00 USD
Aug 1, 2009 Payment To Ron Billingsley Partially Refunded Details -195.00 0.00 -$195.00 USD

I don't know how to do a screen shot. If someone could tell me, I could take a screen shot for further proof. While 12 days is not completely unheard of, your lack of communication without me staying on your back about it really irked me.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #39
Will0W783
Yes I did thank him for finally refunding me. He did eventually do it and I did mention that I can't say he was lying or not about power being out. The point is that it took a while and I was left with no communication and only after calling repeatedly and emailing repeatedly did I get anywhere. That could be explained by his power being out. The point was not that the animal died, it was the speed with which it succumbed and the obvious cloaca problem right away as soon as I got it home.

Ron said in his first email to me that he wasn't aware of it having any problem when he sold it. He did NOT tell me there was an abscess, nor did he discount the price. That much is a flat-out lie.
I'm not sure if the emails are still in my email box as it was back in August but I can go search. I'm not concerned about bashing the guy or anything- I just put in my honest opinion and that was all.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #40
enviedreptiles
Is this the same Ron Billlingsly thats attempting to start a new show ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!