Inquiry Ron Billingsly - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #41
nraduski
Yes, Ron's show is this Sunday November 1.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #42
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Billingsley View Post
oooooo from a one table cricket vendor........ me so scared!
Please, your a poor exscue for a vendor, that only does what? two shows?
Yeah, that's me, the one* table wonder who's animals don't die while you sail around your island of crap that dies. You sell crap and I'm an poor excuse for a vendor? (*btw, you seem to have difficulty counting but whatever, I'm sure it was an honest mistake versus you lying and trying to make me go on the defensive)

Quote:
Next Taylor show, I'll bring 10,000 crickets.. and sell them for.... $5 a thousand. I'll do that for four shows.. no six shows. What else.... hmm.... let me think... I'm sure I can sell some other things... I'll get back to you on it.
Oh, you're going to finally come back to the Taylor show? Seeing as you backed out of the last two.

Quote:
Dude, I've been around for 25 years, and I'm sure, and god willing, I'll be around 25 more... nothing you can say is going to hurt my business.
Dude, I bet just posting here has and will hurt your business. But then again your posting is doing probably doing more damage. A vindictive person such as yourself is someone I don't see many people wanting to do business with.

Quote:
My personal collection, and high dollar animals arn't worth taking to Taylor.
You mean the high dollar critters displayed next to the import critters at shows? Are they housed in the same fashion as they are displayed at shows?

Quote:
No one there buys expensive animals.
No, you are incorrect, no one buys expensive animals from you there because they know better.
Quote:
But again, you are trying to make yourself look important, and your not. you just sit behind the computer and talk smack. Let's talk smack at the next Taylor show ok? While I'm selling $5 boxes of crickets, ok? See you there David.
PS would 10,000 be enough you think? I can bring 20 or 30 if I need to.
I am in your face and honest and you have a problem with that. So again, you are incorrect, I am not trying to make myself out to be anything. Though you on the other hand are trying to make yourself out to being the victim like all the other scumbags that have bad guy threads on the BOI. Poor widdle Wonnie is getting picked on by the big bad DAND.

And if you haven't figured it out by now I "talk" the same in person as I do here. Actually, now that I think about it, in all honesty in person I wouldn't have moderators keeping me in check.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #43
Kevin S
Well said

David..Well Said...Ron do us all a favor and dont bring Island of Death to the Taylor show anymore..Im tired of being hosed down with Prevent a mite just from even from walking by your tables...I think the sales you get are pity sales as people feel sad about the conditions of most of the animals you bring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Yeah, that's me, the one* table wonder who's animals don't die while you sail around your island of crap that dies. You sell crap and I'm an poor excuse for a vendor? (*btw, you seem to have difficulty counting but whatever, I'm sure it was an honest mistake versus you lying and trying to make me go on the defensive)

Oh, you're going to finally come back to the Taylor show? Seeing as you backed out of the last two.

Dude, I bet just posting here has and will hurt your business. But then again your posting is doing probably doing more damage. A vindictive person such as yourself is someone I don't see many people wanting to do business with.

You mean the high dollar critters displayed next to the import critters at shows? Are they housed in the same fashion as they are displayed at shows?

No, you are incorrect, no one buys expensive animals from you there because they know better.

I am in your face and honest and you have a problem with that. So again, you are incorrect, I am not trying to make myself out to be anything. Though you on the other hand are trying to make yourself out to being the victim like all the other scumbags that have bad guy threads on the BOI. Poor widdle Wonnie is getting picked on by the big bad DAND.

And if you haven't figured it out by now I "talk" the same in person as I do here. Actually, now that I think about it, in all honesty in person I wouldn't have moderators keeping me in check.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #44
chfd143
Dont worry guys. Ron shows his ignorance and quickness to anger with every post. As far as his animals, well they speak for themselves. I wouldn't have put it so eloquently as others, PISS POOR, but that pretty much hits the nail on the head. In my experiences he is rude, stand offish, and holier than thou. Plus to have someone like Mike Derks from whitewater say bad things instantly makes you a loser in my book. If you dont know Mike he doenst have a cross word to say about ANYONE. And I'm not throwing stones, but I wouldn't go to Billingsleys show to save my life. Not when there is a show run by a stand up guy like Brian running one in Indy.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #45
Brad boa
Quote:
oooooo from a one table cricket vendor........ me so scared!
Please, your a poor exscue for a vendor, that only does what? two shows?
Next Taylor show, I'll bring 10,000 crickets.. and sell them for.... $5 a thousand. I'll do that for four shows.. no six shows. What else.... hmm.... let me think... I'm sure I can sell some other things... I'll get back to you on it.
Dude, I've been around for 25 years, and I'm sure, and god willing, I'll be around 25 more... nothing you can say is going to hurt my business.
I sell WC animals. I sell CB animals. I sell $2 geckos, I sell high dollar animals. It goes with the territory. Pet stores want cheap animals, vendors want cheap animals.
My personal collection, and high dollar animals arn't worth taking to Taylor.
No one there buys expensive animals. You know that. But again, you are trying to make yourself look important, and your not. you just sit behind the computer and talk smack. Let's talk smack at the next Taylor show ok? While I'm selling $5 boxes of crickets, ok? See you there David.
PS would 10,000 be enough you think? I can bring 20 or 30 if I need to.
Ron, I have never had a problem selling my snakes at the Taylor show I do rather well there. That show has picked up a lot of momentum and is going in the right direction I think with QUALITY animals and good customer service you can do well just my thoughts.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #46
MikeCurtin
I would like to point out that I questioned the time line to see Ron's response. I've dealt with Kim on several occasions, and our transactions have always been positive. I can personally verify the time line Kim posted, as she called me the night of the show for advice. She told me Ron was being helpful, but that she was already wondering if it had been a wise purchase. She continued to keep me posted about her concerns when he temporarily broke off communication.

In my opinion, Ron's version of events is for the sole purpose of covering his own tail, and does not correlate with my recollection. Again, Kim had been on the phone with me several times as this transpired, and I don't think she would have been telling me how worried she was that he was ignoring her if that wasn't the case.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #47
Will0W783
Angry

Thank you Mike for verifying my story! It just completely and utterly frosts my a** that Ron has the balls to say he TOLD me the snake had an abscess! Since he wants to carry on, I am posting the series of emails with pictures of the animal and his responses (or lack thereof).

Here is the first series of emails, with latest first:

RE: Problem with Tiger Rat (Spilotes pullatus)-pictures of dead snake's body‏
Sent: Mon 8/03/09 4:21 PM
To: thebigsquease@aol.com

Attachments: 3 attachments | Download all attachments (63.4 KB)
tigerratp...jpg (15.0 KB), tigerratp...jpg (27.8 KB), tigerratp...jpg (20.6 KB)
Ok, like I promised you on the phone earlier today, here are the pictures of the body of the Spilotes pullatus. I am devastated about this snake; my fiance and I were both fascinated by it. I will try to call you in an hour or so to make sure you got the pictures. As for the other one you have, if you could take a picture of its face and its cloaca and email them back to me I'd really appreciate it.

Kimberly R. Urban
305 Mount Pleasant Street
Coatesville, PA 19320
(610) 836-2880

To: will0w783@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Problem with Tiger Rat (Spilotes pullatus)
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 00:21:51 +0000

Just today at the show....it's an import. CB spliotes go for$$$$$Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 20:19:52 -0400
To: <thebigsquease@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Problem with Tiger Rat (Spilotes pullatus)

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I forgot to ask, how long was the snake on the eco-sand? Also do you know if it was wild-caught or captive-bred? I really appreciate your working with me on this.

Kimberly R. Urban
Coatesville, PA 19320
(610) 836-2880

Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 23:25:53 +0000

Thanks. Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 19:22:41 -0400
Subject: RE: Problem with Tiger Rat (Spilotes pullatus)

Alright. I will soak it again. I will also try to clean out the cloaca tonight; I soaked him as soon as I got him home for about 10 minutes. I will soak him again. I have him on white paper towels for now so I can see if anything comes out. I will attempt to feed him tomorrow; hopefully this will clear up when he defecates next. I will keep you updated.

Kimberly R. Urban
Coatesville, PA 19320
(610) 836-2880

Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 23:05:49 +0000

Shouldn't have put them in eco sand.... Let's try soaking it overnight and washing it afterwards. Just keep me updated. I live in Indiana. So if any problems I'll give you credit at the next show. Vets kill more then they save...IMO. RonSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 18:59:41 -0400
Subject: Problem with Tiger Rat (Spilotes pullatus)

Hello,

I bought a tiger rat snake (Spilotes pullatus) and a 36-gallon low profile tank from you at the Hamburg show today. I paid with paypal (my address the same as my email here). Anyway I got home and took the snake out of his bag, and he had peed. I at first thought he had feces hanging out of his cloaca, but on closer inspection it looks severely impacted with sand and possibly infected. I was wondering where you are located, and if you still have the other tiger rat and if its cloaca is clear, could I possibly exchange it if you are close enough, or if I have to take this snake to the vet (which I probably will) is there any way you could help to cover the vet bill? I am quite worried about this guy, but with the business and agitated state of the snake at the show I did not notice the cloaca there. It is quite ugly looking. I am attaching a photo of the cloaca for you to look at. It isn't the best picture, but you can clearly tell the snake cannot close its cloaca. There is also a strong, bad odor coming from the cloaca. I am really hoping to hear back from you soon. Thank you in advance.
~Kim

Kimberly R. Urban
Coatesville, PA 19320
(610) 836-2880

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.=
Get free photo software from Windows Live Click here.=
Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.=
Get free photo software from Windows Live Click here.

tigerratpostmortem1.jpg

tigerratpostmortem2.jpg

tigerratpostmortem3.jpg

I have attached the pictures, since they did not copy/paste into this thread. The first one is the cloaca while the snake was still alive and the other two are the pictures of the dead body I took for proof that Ron asked for on the phone. The last email was August 3, and it took until August 12 for me to get a refund, since Ron completely stopped replying to my emails and phone calls. I had to call him from my other cell phone to get him to answer and whenever I got him on the phone he was polite and said he'd get right on it, but didn't. So there are the emails, proof that Ron DID NOT tell me of any abscess on the snake because I doubt he bothered to take the time to notice it.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #48
Will0W783
Sorry the pictures aren't the best quality- I'm on my work computer, and the pictures were copied onto my hard drive here from my email and then uploaded to this site, so they aren't the clearest anymore.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #49
enviedreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nraduski View Post
Yes, Ron's show is this Sunday November 1.
That what I thought. I'll be staying here in Cleveland that weekend...

Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #50
Aj_Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by chfd143 View Post
Not when there is a show run by a stand up guy like Brian running one in Indy.
Same one who said that vendors who attend Rons show will not be allowed at his show again?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!