Bad Guy Julia at 813 695 4836 - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #41
boanation
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Because I don't believe in war, or support it, or find it necessary to thank someone who is serving or has served?

He can't help he was raised this way. I am proud that i get chills everytime I salute the stars and strips. My father (who has the purple heart metal) Used to jerk a knot in my butt if I was acting up during the national anthem as a kid. Some people understand our freedom isn't free and other don't.

Since BILL here doesnt support this war. i am 100% positive that he voted for Obama. I knew this before you mentioned that war thing anyways by your actions. You both have things in common (the president and you).

Here is my question for you billchuck. How do you feel about the Messiah, I mean Barack Hussein Obama sending 30,000 new troops to Afghanastan, after promising all of his believers that he was going to bring everyone home? Or where you one of the many uneducated voters that stopped keeping up after election day.

I in no way get offended when someone does not support what I do. But when someone is flat dis respectful to the military it bothers me very bad. My father and both of my grandads served for people like you. It just makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #42
LauraB
Quote:
who has the purple heart metal
It's "medal" by the way ... even though it is made of metal.

Quote:
Since BILL here doesnt support this war. i am 100% positive that he voted for Obama. I knew this before you mentioned that war thing anyways by your actions. You both have things in common (the president and you).

Here is my question for you billchuck. How do you feel about the Messiah, I mean Barack Hussein Obama sending 30,000 new troops to Afghanastan, after promising all of his believers that he was going to bring everyone home? Or where you one of the many uneducated voters that stopped keeping up after election day.
Stay on topic please. This is NOT about politics, who you KNOW voted for who, armed forces service, gas prices (??) or how anyone feels about the Messiah or Obama or Mickey Mouse. It's not about who YOU think is "uneducated" based on their vote. You have no clue who is educated or not and who anyone voted for is not your or anyone else's business.
Frankly, I get sick of hearing that anyone who does not support this war must be a traitor or Commie or "un-American" or uneducated.
War sucks and for the most part, all politicians lie ... period. Kind of like those WMD's in Iraq, ya know ... the reason this "war" was started how many years ago?

This is about your unsatisfactory transaction.
The bottom line is you say you have plenty of snakes at home to compare; you jumped on a CL ad for a cheap snake and sent your wife to buy it. She saw it, she bought it ... even though she admitted it didn't look like the photo. It evidently wasn't what was represented and you now have the snake up for sale. I'm sure someone will buy the snake from you .. it looks healthy and well cared for. I hope it has been since you didn't bother to quarantine it from your other stock.

It sucks that the seller could have lied and used a Google photo for her ad. It happens. Thanks for the warning about the seller.

Now back to the topic of this thread.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #43
Clay Davenport
Enough of the off topic political banter. If you want to debate opinions on the military, the war, or the president take it to PM, this is not the place.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #44
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
I had no idea that behind every fill station, every pump and nozzle, stands a good soldier willing to risk life or limb just so that I can fill up.

I guess a soldier therefor must owe every owner of an electric vehicle a big thanks of gratitude for making their job a little less necessary.

What a joke.
Rich,
Tomorrows Veterans Day, and you allow this crap?

Randal Berry

Old 11-11-2009, 12:31 AM   #45
boanation
Laura, i couldn't edit my post to change it to medal. I always read my paosts after I post them.

We have two people meeting my wife tomorrow at work to see the snake. She told them the rehoming fee was 100 and they seemed really interested. We will see how it goes.

I keep forgetting it is not Veterans day there. it is The 11th already here 5:30pm.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:38 AM   #46
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
Rich,
Tomorrows Veterans Day, and you allow this crap?

Randal Berry
"allow"?

Interesting choice of words, Randal. Do you prefer communist regimes, or dictatorships?

Old 11-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #47
reticguy76
wow, did i miss something, how did this turn into a political driven thread so fast?? anyway, i had all to similar experience last yeat. i wanted a female burm to try for bateaters (i was a big hybrid fan then), and traded a couple baby female retics for a ready to breed female burm. i had to work, my wife met the guy (he was local), and they made the trade. i work in a emergency/critical care veterinary hospital, so i told my wife to bring her up so i can see her. well, she was nearly dead when i took her out. looked like she had at least 2-3 retained sheds and eyecaps. i also, probed it as a definite male. i called the guy to meet my wife back at the place where they met initially, to trade back. of course he didnt show up or didnt hear from him again. the snake died about an hour after my wife went to meet him to trade back snakes. i have been in the snake world for quite awhile now, and sometimes things happen and people get the better of you. at least your snake you got, wrong or right, is a alive. im out 2 baby retics and a "female" burm. luckily the burm never made it to my house with my collection. who knows what HE had. anyway, my point is, things happen, you learn and you move on. hope all does workout for you, though

Old 11-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #48
Lucille
After the gallop around nontopics, again: If one has a chance to inspect an item 'in person' prior to purchase, one has a chance to back out. By saying that a snake is a certain breed, a seller is making some sort of warranty, but if the buyer clearly has second thoughts after seeing an item they should not fork over any money. If the seller says he has oranges for sale and I meet him and he has a box of apples, I will either not purchase one or if I do, I know I got an apple.

There's a question too of how much of a loss was sustained here. If the selling price was $100, how much will the critter resell for? It might be $100.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #49
MikeCurtin
I agree, Lucille. Furthermore, at this point it may be worth the OP's sanity to just take the loss. Even if he only manages $50-$75 for the animal, what's his peace of mind worth to him.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:09 AM   #50
Tigger the Tiger
Back to the topic, those pix obviously don't match. If I were you I'd be looking into filing charges against her for fraud.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!