Bad Guy Julia at 813 695 4836 - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #51
MikeCurtin
The animal was picked up and paid for in person. I know of no charges that could possibly stand up in any court. While the actual buyer sent his wife to complete the transaction, the opportunity existed to back out of the deal. With today's technology, and the aforementioned way the buyer and his wife e-mail the way most folks text, he should have required a photo be sent, or given his wife clear instructions as to what was expected.

While I sympathize with the buyer, he just doesn't have much recourse in this situation.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #52
Fireproof
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
The animal was picked up and paid for in person. I know of no charges that could possibly stand up in any court. While the actual buyer sent his wife to complete the transaction, the opportunity existed to back out of the deal. With today's technology, and the aforementioned way the buyer and his wife e-mail the way most folks text, he should have required a photo be sent, or given his wife clear instructions as to what was expected.

While I sympathize with the buyer, he just doesn't have much recourse in this situation.
Totally agree. It would be different if it was an online transaction and the animal was shipped to the buyer, only to open up the package and discover a snake obviously different than the picture.

But this wasn't the case. As you said - the buyer (which is really his wife - she gave the money for the snake she took home) completed the transaction in person.

Count it as a valuable lesson learned.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #53
partyboy6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger the Tiger View Post
Back to the topic, those pix obviously don't match. If I were you I'd be looking into filing charges against her for fraud.
I dont think you can file charges. It wouldnt be worth the time and money to file charges even if your able to. This is just gonna be a lesson learned. Sell the snake and try to get as much of your money back.

Brandon Jones

Old 11-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #54
critical bill
Who would you even file charges against if you could? The guy only has her first name and cell phone number.

(813) 695-4836
Type: Cell Phone

Calling all cars..calling all cars.. be on the lookout for a lady named Julia at 813 695 4836. Suspect is considered clever and armed with a hundred bucks.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #55
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger the Tiger View Post
Back to the topic, those pix obviously don't match. If I were you I'd be looking into filing charges against her for fraud.
Not really a feasible avenue to pursue, I'm afraid.

To begin with, it's going to boil down to more of a he said/she said type of dispute with no clear and convincing evidence to justify a criminal charge. And since this was a face-to-face transaction with this issue arising after the fact. law enforcement would more than likely view it as a common case of buyer's remorse at best.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:37 AM   #56
PAVLOVK1025
Off topic, but what ship are you on? I just got out last year in November, did time on the Reagan and then polished off my short lived military career on the Peleliu.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:03 AM   #57
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVLOVK1025 View Post
Off topic, but what ship are you on? I just got out last year in November, did time on the Reagan and then polished off my short lived military career on the Peleliu.
If you read his posts in this thread you can figure out his name, rate, division, NEC, his home port, and the ship he is on...

Old 11-13-2009, 07:22 AM   #58
Slipmattic
Well, hopefully atleast it dosnt have a bunch of medical problems and mites. I would try to look at it that way. I got a BCC from someone off CL here in VA, she claimed the cage got broken and she wanted to get rid of it. Turns out, the snake had an UPI and multiple other problems that infected two of my higher end boas.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #59
boanation
I am on the John Paul Jones. I am sure you know FC1 Paula and FCC Mueller. FC1 Paul is on my ship now and FCC was at the CIWS school while I was there.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #60
boanation
Sorry, they were on the Tarawa, I do know FC2 Alexander who is on your last ship.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!