Info UPS Shipping (They dont have a clue) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Southern Wolf
UPS Shipping (They dont have a clue)

Thanks Rich for allowing me to post this here.

My Seller shipped out a snake to me on Monday (11-09-09) for a Tuesday (11-10-09) delivery. All was going fine till it reached the hub in KY. Apparently they cant figure out how to put it on the truck to AR.

This is what the tracking showed as of 4pm

So I called UPS inquiring about my package. Maybe they just have not updated the website and its out for delivery and my driver is running behind. The person I talked to on the phone said that my package didn't get put on the truck to AR... but they would get to me tomarrow. (11-11-09) Im not real happy with this, but what can you do. I contacted the seller and let him know what was going on with the shipment. Apparently he was on top of things as well, because he said he just sent me an email to call him.

Its now a little after 4pm and I have a 45 min drive (one way) to get to my FedEx hub and I HAD to ship out some animals today for a customer so off I went since my snake was not going to arrive today. I finally get back a little after 6pm and for some reason decided to refresh the UPS Tracking page.

Are you kidding me. Now I have a $1,000 snake sitting in Miami FL with a heat pack in the box! It dont need any extra heat in Miami... and should never even be in FL. Im in AR... and you dont have to go to FL to get to me from KY.

Not only that... but it shows "out for delivery" .... out for delivery where. At this point... Im not even sure UPS knows what color their trucks are... they dang sure dont have a clue how to ship packages.

Some more things that just dont add up. I took the first screen shot at November 10, 2009, 4:10:34 PM according to the created data in the properties section of the photo... but yet in the second screen shot (which was taken at 6:22pm my time) shows that my package was out for delivery in FL at 8:05am.

(I contact the seller again to let him know about our shipment since he is at work)

If its in FL at 8:05am then why wasn't the tracking showing that at 4pm? Why did UPS tell me my package was sitting in KY at 4pm? Do they even know where my package is? Im thinking NOT!!!

Following along with the second screen shot....

So apparently my snake is baking down in FL and out for delivery to god only knows where then they update it again.

now at 11/10/2009 8:33 P.M. my package is logged in as DEPARTURE SCAN ... good... at least its leaving FL... but where to now? The way my luck is going... Probably Seattle

I check back a little later and my package is arriving back at Miami at 11/10/2009 9:00 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

If it departed Miami at 8:33pm..... where did it go to arrive back at Miami at 9:00pm? Once again... my snake is sitting in Miami FL with a heat pack in the box when it should be at my house in its enclosure.

Well according to their website...its leaving again at 11/10/2009 10:17 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN from Miami FL to .... Parts unknown. At this point I didnt take a screen shot.. figured Id see where it ended up.

At 11/11/2009 12:26 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN ... at least its out of FL... or is it? The tracking shows it right back at the hub in KY.... but it also never showed it arriving in Miami.. .just out for delivery there.

I have contacted UPS and informed them that they need to hold my package at the hub here in AR (another 45 min drive one way) and I will be knocking on their door first thing in the morning. I dont need it riding in the back of their truck till 2:30pm (when I normally receive my UPS packages). I will be taking my camera with me tomarrow and opening the box 'on site'.

Just because UPS is cheaper than FedEx (sometimes) ... doesnt mean its better. In this case you get what you pay for.... and my snake is taking a tour of the Southeastern US inside of a brown cardboard box!!

I just hope I do get what I paid for... a LIVE healthy snake.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:18 AM   #2
bradleymoore
that sucks. colorado to kentucky to florida then back to kentucky.... then hopefully to arkansas. what kind of snake is it?

Old 11-11-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post

Just because UPS is cheaper than FedEx (sometimes) ... doesnt mean its better. In this case you get what you pay for.... and my snake is taking a tour of the Southeastern US inside of a brown cardboard box!!

I just hope I do get what I paid for... a LIVE healthy snake.
Kevin, I had a similar bad shipping experience with UPS(ship your reptiles.com) they have no clue why we need those reptiles delivered next day as we request and pay for.

Some say as long as they refund the money its ok. thats a load of crap. the herps sealed in that box need to be delivered in less than 1 day.

I use a more reliable service, Fedex Priority overnite. yes it costs a little more but well worth the peace of mind knowing those reptiles will be delivered the next morning.

I do hope your snake makes it alive.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:33 AM   #4
ozz465
I hope everything turns out well for u .

Old 11-11-2009, 04:01 AM   #5
Tony C
Best of luck to you and your snake, I hope the follow up post will be about it's safe arrival.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #6
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleymoore View Post
that sucks. colorado to kentucky to florida then back to kentucky.... then hopefully to arkansas. what kind of snake is it?
She is a super jungle boa

Old 11-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
Southern Wolf
She is alive and kicking..... and very laid back.... and now in good care

Old 11-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #8
Ed Clark
Thats good to hear Kevin, best of luck with her!!

Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
SteeleReptiles
Gorgeous animal. Ups needs to get it together

Old 11-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
lovin2act
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
She is alive and kicking..... and very laid back.... and now in good care

Whew!!! So glad it ended well!!!!

Markus Lee

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
shipyourreptiles, syr