Info UPS Shipping (They dont have a clue) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #31
MaddoxDobes
Glad she made it to you ok, Me and a friend have had several problems with the Louisvill HUB, from what I understand from All Pro Shipping if that the HUB there is a very large one and that a majority of packages go through there, I told the lady on the phone that they really need to get their ducks in a row, anyways again, glad you got your snake

Old 11-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #32
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe007 View Post
Got pics yet

There is one floating around in this thread somewhere.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #33
Southern Wolf
Thanks all.... she is a sweetheart of a boa. Complete oposite of 3 of my other ones... so its a welcomed change. Join that with her beautiful pattern and I hope someday she will make a great educational animal.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #34
TriangleReptiles
My understanding is that if you do have a UPS problem while using SYR, if you notify Robin at SYR, it can be dealt with much more efficiently. Since it is their account, and they ship so much, they certainly have more influence than you would. I am FedEx certified, but I also use SYR successfully.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #35
Tony C
She's a beauty, glad she made it to you safely.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #36
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnake1 View Post
My understanding is that if you do have a UPS problem while using SYR, if you notify Robin at SYR, it can be dealt with much more efficiently. Since it is their account, and they ship so much, they certainly have more influence than you would. I am FedEx certified, but I also use SYR successfully.

The seller was working with SYR on his end... and I was after UPS on my end.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #37
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnake1 View Post
My understanding is that if you do have a UPS problem while using SYR, if you notify Robin at SYR, it can be dealt with much more efficiently. Since it is their account, and they ship so much, they certainly have more influence than you would.
While that may work in theory, in my experience UPS didn't care.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #38
bleeding_sarcasm
I work in shipping, and fucking FedEx all the way. UPS only scans their shipments in "batches" not individually like fedex does. So if it is going on this plane, then all the packages that are SUPPOSED to be on that plane, are updated with "on the plane" I have had a package sent from FL to CA only to get as far as "at the hub in Oakland - On the truck for delivery" When it didnt show at 10:30, I called, they started a trace, turns out it had been mis-routed to Connecticut instead! Starts with a C, wrong fucking coast, UPS fail.

Also, I have ONLY ever had animals die in transit with UPS.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #39
ToshaMc
While I give mass props to SYR for bringing the service to the community and the effort they put into customer service is outstanding - I gotta admit that just about every reptile package that I've had shipped to me via UPS lately has gotten bungled up somewhere along the line. On the other hand I've had no problems with outgoing packages sent via SYR/UPS (knock on wood).

Old 11-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #40
Briscoe007
I did have an issue with a snake that was shipped UPS (via SYR who I am thankful for). I do want to know that things are 100% handled correctly.

However, I do have to say when I expressed to the "manager" that I was on the line with that I had an item worth a considerable amount of money that was potentially going to die as a result of their error I was expedited to a person at the actual hub and then to someone who could actually do something about it.

I was not there to witness things being done, but they were very thorough in ensuring that they were able to pull my shipment keep it in an air conditioned office (since it had a heat pack) and even offered to deliver my girl to a local vet for care that day since it was impossible to get her back to me or to her destination within the 24 hours promised.

Perhaps I just found a good person, but when they made a mistake on their end they sure did do everything they could to make sure the animal was well cared for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
shipyourreptiles, syr