Vote***financing Fauna***vote - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: ***Funding Poll** What do YOU think is appropriate? (More than 1 OK)
A general use fee of $35/year, membership would be required to access site 18 8.33%
A membership fee of $10-25/yr. to access the BOI 32 14.81%
$35/yr. general membership fee but BOI/classified free 24 11.11%
Increased advertising fees and fees for all advertising 81 37.50%
I don't care 7 3.24%
If there were a membership fee, I would not visit Fauna 75 34.72%
I have no concept of economics, I did not realize it costs money to run a website like this 4 1.85%
After seeing how hard Webslave works to maintain this site, I want to help 38 17.59%
Increase fines 47 21.76%
I have other ideas for funding which I have listed below in my post. 26 12.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 02:06 AM   #191
Roger Jolly
Gosh Robin. You are such a class act. 'stinkpickle'??? Is that what I think it is???

Looks like the same old people are singing the same old negatively out of tune song. Anyone done a talley of just the people posting in this thread and the other one to see how the votes turn out? Heck with the toll, this is where the real counts are.

So you all think 100 people signing up for the $10 - $35 admission fee is a no brainer huh??? Now this doesn't mean those people who have already become paying supporters here. New fresh faces that just want to post on the boi and are willing to pay the money to do it.

Betcha (figuratively speaking, gentlemen) that webbie will get inundated with emails from people asking why they cant post in the boi if the plan is put into place. Nobody reads rules and notices so most people wont even know what is going on until they try to post. Same goes for the classifieds if that is included. Most of those people probably havent even seen this post and will get smacked in the face with it when it goes to paid only status.

So lets see. Even if 100 people sign up for the lets say $10 per year. Big deal. A grand. What good is that going to do??? Is it really worth that to get everyone pissed off and thinking the sky is falling??? I think webbie that no matter what you do from this point is going to prove to be more trouble then it is worth to you. This place will never bring in enough money to make it worthwhile for you to beat your brains against the wall. You should have quit when you really thought it was worth something to keep it going. The ks debacle took a lot out of you, didnt it??? I dont think it broke your spirit but it is definitely cracked. I think it shook your faith in everyone. What was it, 2002 when I told you you should shut this thing down and walk away??? Look at all of the headaches you would have avoided if you had listened to me.

Now you think this plan is going to save you??? Sorry bud, but you are setting yourself up for another letdown. The ticks are going to make you out to be the ultimate bad guy, you know that dont you??? They will blame you for taking down the site, blame you for letting the bad guys free from their restraints, and blame you when ks has an open field to do what it wants without any real competition. You are going to be the scapegoat for all this.

Old 02-02-2005, 07:00 AM   #192
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Anyone have any spare time? Would someone please count up the number of UNIQUE members who have posted in the BOI over the last week or month? Curious to know what that number is. I suspect it is not a significant number at all. Which is both good and bad, I suspose. Roger's estimate of getting less then 100 members to pay up the $10 may not be far from the mark.
There were 96 unique members posting over the past month in just these 4 threads:

Chameleon Condo ripped me off a measly 57.00
Prehistoricpets????????? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
Poll: Vote***financing Fauna***vote ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 )
Poll: Paid subscription plan? ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 )

Old 02-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #193
ShannanD25
"Roger Jolly"
Why do I have a feeling you are from KS? You seem to want this to fail so you can rub it in his face. All the more reason for it to succeed.

Old 02-02-2005, 02:20 PM   #194
Otter_23
I would have to agree with Shannon

Old 02-02-2005, 06:21 PM   #195
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannanD25
"Roger Jolly"
Why do I have a feeling you are from KS? You seem to want this to fail so you can rub it in his face. All the more reason for it to succeed.

What you don't understand is it will fail if the membership fee is imposed. But by all means prove me wrong..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread