And you all wonder why I have to make the restrictions I do... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 PM   #51
Griz
But when people value the donations of "less than worthy individuals" before they value their site and people like Bobby, Mike Greathouse etc then who wins? I know who loses.

Griz

Old 06-02-2007, 12:00 AM   #52
KelliH
Quote:
But when people value the donations of "less than worthy individuals" before they value their site and people like Bobby, Mike Greathouse etc then who wins? I know who loses.
I understand what you are saying completely, but this place is what it is. I've come to the realization it's a "take it or leave it" sort of place, and personally I am willing to take the bad with the good, and at the same time do my part to make it better.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:17 AM   #53
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
I understand what you are saying completely, but this place is what it is. I've come to the realization it's a "take it or leave it" sort of place, and personally I am willing to take the bad with the good, and at the same time do my part to make it better.
Take it or leave it? What happened to the sense of society that was here? What happened to protecting people from getting screwed by scammers? Now with the new rules scammers can hide as mods and not be accountable. People will come here and think they are trustworthy people because they are mods of the BOI!!! WTF!!! Hey Rich, I bet you don't let Luis Torres come here and be a mod. According to the new rules he's more than welcome and he wouldn't even have to answer questions in his own BOI thread.

I just can't believe we even have to have this conversation.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:26 AM   #54
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
So I take it that a bunch of you agree with Rich, scammers and scum make great mods.
For me, it's got nothing to do with agreeing with Rich...or the statement that, when properly twisted, becomes "scammers and scum make great mods". I may not feel that setting a contribution level is the best way to choose moderators, but the logic behind that decision was explained repeatedly. It was anticipated by many, right from the start, that there would be some less than ideal "buy-ins", but there really haven't been any gross abuses until fairly recently. Now that it has started, will the mess that so many were predicting actually come to fruition? Possibly. And if it becomes the mess that some seemed to be hoping for?..what then? I would imagine that this program would get dropped quicker than it started.
I understand your point, Bobby, I really do...and if you feel strongly enough about it to gather your stuff and go elsewhere, I understand that too. Keep in mind, though,that you became a moderator the same way the rest of us did (site mods excluded, of course) - by virtue of your monetary support. Not because of your knowledge; not because of your calm, even demeanor; not because of your moral fiber; but because you contributed. It doesn't matter whether you paid to get the badge, or got the badge because you paid. By walking away when those you feel unworthy get into the game, you are just changing the playing field to their benefit. It simply makes the number watching a little smaller...makes it just a little more likely that an abuse might go unnoticed...or gives them just a little more time in the role you so strongly feel they don't deserve.

Good luck on your journeys, Bobby, may you find the better place you seek

Old 06-02-2007, 12:36 AM   #55
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
Take it or leave it? What happened to the sense of society that was here? What happened to protecting people from getting screwed by scammers? Now with the new rules scammers can hide as mods and not be accountable. People will come here and think they are trustworthy people because they are mods of the BOI!!! WTF!!! Hey Rich, I bet you don't let Luis Torres come here and be a mod. According to the new rules he's more than welcome and he wouldn't even have to answer questions in his own BOI thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz

Griz
The only one who wins is the one cashing in.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:44 AM   #56
KelliH
Quote:
The BOI is still a useful tool to help protect people from scammers, or do you disagree? Maybe I am not understanding, but how is it that you think scammers can hide as mods and not be held accountable? Can you give some specific examples, please, I really don't see it. Why do you think that $50+ paid members do not have to answer questions in their own BOI threads? What exactly are you basing this on? Thanks and sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to understand your point of view.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:54 AM   #57
KelliH
Quote:
I had one more thought...Everyone, have you not noticed in the past, I don't know, several years, that Fauna has been a "take it or leave it" place? If you haven't then you haven't been paying attention. Surely you are not only now realizing this fact? That's the way it is, and has been for years, and we can either choose to stay and participate in discussions and (in some cases) help out financially and by modding, or we can go somewhere else.

*edit* Please, Bill, I mean you no disrespect at all. I am really just wanting to understand where you are coming from.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:58 AM   #58
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
The BOI is still a useful tool to help protect people from scammers, or do you disagree? Maybe I am not understanding, but how is it that you think scammers can hide as mods and not be held accountable? Can you give some specific examples, please, I really don't see it. Why do you think that $50+ payed members do not have to answer questions in their own BOI threads? What exactly are you basing this on? Thanks and sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to understand your point of view.
There is a mod that doesn't answer any questions with a direct answer or gives no answer at all. He thinks this is a big word game and is lying constantly. How do you put pressure on someone to answer questions in the BOI when they constantly post outside the BOI and won't come in there and answer? I've tried to always follow the rules when posting on any of the forums here, I've never been issued warning points. But how can you put pressure on someone to answer questions in the BOI, if you can't pursue them outside the BOI when they are mods?

Old 06-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #59
KelliH
Quote:
But how can you put pressure on someone to answer questions in the BOI, if you can't pursue them outside the BOI when they are mods?
That's a really good question that I don't know the answer to.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:14 AM   #60
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
There is a mod that doesn't answer any questions with a direct answer or gives no answer at all. He thinks this is a big word game and is lying constantly. How do you put pressure on someone to answer questions in the BOI when they constantly post outside the BOI and won't come in there and answer? I've tried to always follow the rules when posting on any of the forums here, I've never been issued warning points. But how can you put pressure on someone to answer questions in the BOI, if you can't pursue them outside the BOI when they are mods?
That situation has nothing to do with that person being a mod...lots of people refuse to go to the BOI and be questioned. There has never been a rule requiring somebody to participate in a BOI thread about them. Also, being a moderator does not make any of us "above the law", and that statement has been made repeatedly. BOI issues in the discussion forums has never been accepted, and going after chasing after someone in that manner would always have been squashed. If you want to call a person out for business practices - do it...just don't make the attack on them as a moderator.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread