WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-01-2003, 10:42 AM   #1
Glenn Bartley
WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?

You know I seem to remember a time not too long ago when the webslave here, and many others for that matter, really got hotly into the discussion when I, among others, suggested this site get more forums. I was told by many, including the webslave, that to do so would make this site another kingsnake.com and that no one wanted such to hapen - but then neither did I for that matter. Well if you start cutting out forums where someone can ad a reply especialy regarding an advertisement (as suggested in a thread and poll in the Site Admin Section), and then you ad on lots of new forums (as done recently by the web slave - and as again suggested by the web slave in another very recent thread in the General Business Discussions forum), and if you charge a flat rate for advertising, and so on - then isn't this about to become another another kingsnake.com?

I am not giving my opinion on this - I am asking the question. To be quite frank, I am quite confused as to what is happening here, and am a bit scared that this site is going to lose an awful lot of its appeal. Hopefully not

Old 01-01-2003, 11:16 AM   #2
The BoidSmith
Quote:
if you charge a flat rate for advertising, and so on - then isn't this about to become another another kingsnake.com?
Glenn,

You bring up an excellent point. As you very well said i don't think anyone wants another KS. Fauna classifieds needs to maintain its own identity. In my opinion, a flat rate will severely hurt FC. We have been discussing this issue in the thread below. Maybe you would like to give us your input.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...0&pagenumber=2

Best regards.

Old 01-02-2003, 02:21 AM   #3
WebSlave
Oh well.

Fortunately I am not doing this for a living. So what do I have to lose? I can run my SerpenCo.com site from a $15 a month domain hosted site with no sweat.

I just have fun putting up web sites and people can either come to them or not. If they like what they see, they will come, if not, then I'll go on and play with something else.

I don't think anyone is likely to mistake this site for KS.

Old 01-02-2003, 11:49 PM   #4
Monte
I agree

This can never be the same as KS.

Where else can you do this - - - :Puke:

You gotta love this freedom of expression!! LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!