FaunaClassifieds upgrade now in progress - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:21 AM   #11
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Expect some downtime in the early AM hours (EST) on Thursday, 09/18/08. That's when my programmer is planning on doing the switchover to the upgraded code.
Here's to an easy transition

Old 09-17-2008, 04:57 AM   #12
KelliH
Quote:
Expect some downtime in the early AM hours (EST) on Thursday, 09/18/08. That's when my programmer is planning on doing the switchover to the upgraded code.
Good luck!

Old 09-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #13
Mooing Tricycle
*crossing my fingers for a smooth switch!*

Im assuming chat may be down? LOL Man i must be one of the only sad ones that asks EVERY time something happens to that thing.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #14
WebSlave
Unless my programmer forgets to put the linking code in place, chat shouldn't be affected. It's server moves that knock it out of the water.

I'm not going to do anything about blog or wiki capability quite yet. One reason is because I didn't get an overwhelming response about it, so I'm thinking it may be another one of those capabilities I add that goes completely ignored and unused. Kind of like the Product Reviews section I put up a long while back. A second reason is because I really shouldn't be throwing more variables into the pot during the upgrade.

Hope I remember to save the database, just in case....... One of these days I'm going to do something that loses everything, I just know it.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #15
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Unless my programmer forgets to put the linking code in place, chat shouldn't be affected. It's server moves that knock it out of the water.

I'm not going to do anything about blog or wiki capability quite yet. One reason is because I didn't get an overwhelming response about it, so I'm thinking it may be another one of those capabilities I add that goes completely ignored and unused. Kind of like the Product Reviews section I put up a long while back. A second reason is because I really shouldn't be throwing more variables into the pot during the upgrade.

Hope I remember to save the database, just in case....... One of these days I'm going to do something that loses everything, I just know it.
its all good. probably keep things less confusing anyway.

I think the next time you want to add things, maybe a poll with a bunch of ideas you might like to implement would work better to get the feedback youre looking for? I dunno!

Eeek. Dont talk about losing the database! though, hopefully you have enough backups that it wouldnt be TOO catastrophic?

Old 09-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #16
Gary O
My turn

first I want a cookie......

Second...... I want a new car

Oh shoot it is about the forums.

The classifieds section is cool the way it is IMO.. But Who knows I am old school lol

Old 09-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #17
LakesideBoas
Quote:
YIKES! Don't you know better than to tempt fate like that?!

Hopefully there will be no more than hiccups or burps and things will roll on as usual.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #18
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I consider that the "main" page as well....I've gotten to the "real" main page by accident a couple of times, and it just confuses me.
Me too Cat. I love seeing who's online and going through the forums.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:06 AM   #19
kmurphy
Kind of spiffy Rich. Not quite used to it yet but from I've liked the changes I've seen so far.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:47 AM   #20
Junkyard
There is a lot to work through for an oldie member like me, but it is not bad at all. I like the new page I see when I signed in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fauna upgrade, faunaclassifieds