What happened to BOI???? - Page 23 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:18 AM   #221
Uroboros
http://www.onlinefauna.com has no pretentions, no needs, has only to give, unlike this place

Old 10-27-2011, 06:21 AM   #222
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
Ban me again. I know the costs of running a website, you're just milking the people.
You know the costs of running a website? What website...that thing you started that has had ONE post in all of 2011? Hardly an even comparison

Old 10-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #223
DAND
Quote:
Ban me again. I know the costs of running a website, you're just milking the people.
And now (or should I say again?) you know the cost of running your mouth. Enjoy then ban.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #224
Lucille
Quote:
milking
That's just ignorant. The vast majority of registered names here are not contributing members right now, but they enjoy the site and benefit from the BOI.

Plus, you have some inane implication that if a man devotes much of a lifetime and tens of thousands of hours of work and expense to a community that benefits many people, it is somehow not allowed that he receive anything for his efforts.

That is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. If you spent years learning a trade or skill would you work free for other people? Really? I don't think so.

And your link to a shrivelled unused site? Come on. People BENEFIT from Fauna. They ENJOY being here, and many have been here for a number of years. A peek there would serve only to reinforce the benefits of being here.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #225
WebSlave
Quote:
lol "Forum Feedback"?

rofl You mean the offer that Kinsnake.com made to buy back kingsnakes.com? (the only lawsuit you faced here)

How did you get to be so clueless? Kingsnake.com NEVER offered to buy Kingsnakes.com. And since kingsnake.com never owned kingsnakes.com how could they offer to buy it BACK?

I thought maybe you would have matured a bit but apparently I was wrong. And all evidence points to you not getting any smarter as well.

I guess you were happy under your own rock in the middle of nowhere, all by your lonesome.

Seriously, do you have communist tendencies? You believe all of the efforts of everyone should be provided at a break even point whereby there is no profit in what ANYONE does? Interesting concept, but completely at odds at how things really work in non communist societies.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #226
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
How did you get to be so clueless? Kingsnake.com NEVER offered to buy Kingsnakes.com. And since kingsnake.com never owner kingsnakes.com how could they offer to buy it BACK?

I thought maybe you would have matured a bit but apparently I was wrong. And all evidence points to you not getting any smarter as well.

I guess you were happy under your own rock in the middle of nowhere, all by your lonesome.

Seriously, do you have communist tendencies? You believe all of the efforts of everyone should be provided at a break even point whereby there is no profit in what ANYONE does? Interesting concept, but completely at odds at how things really work in non communist societies.

A bit off topic, but since the mention of bans is there.... what caused you to lift peoples bans? Is there a thread around for it? I hunted a little, but apparently either not enough, or there just wasnt a thread on it. Carry on....

Old 10-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #227
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
A bit off topic, but since the mention of bans is there.... what caused you to lift peoples bans? Is there a thread around for it? I hunted a little, but apparently either not enough, or there just wasnt a thread on it. Carry on....
I guess I'm just a sap that hopes people can change for the better if given the time to do so. I fully expected to be proved wrong, but I guess I hope I am wrong about that for at least some people.

Quite honestly, I guess I'm just no longer comfortable with the "permanent" ban, in concept.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #228
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I guess I'm just a sap that hopes people can change for the better if given the time to do so. I fully expected to be proved wrong, but I guess I hope I am wrong about that for at least some people.

Quite honestly, I guess I'm just no longer comfortable with the "permanent" ban, in concept.
I like it! The softer side of the Webslave

Old 10-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #229
hhmoore
Just as an aside - people making accounts under false names, particularly to bypass an existing ban or hide from their past here, will still be subject to permanent bans of the new accounts.
The permanent ban still exists...we're just using it less for the more routine things. A lot of the (previously) permanent bans that have been lifted were the result of "heat of the moment" type events; where people got into battle mode and kept pushing without regard for the consequences, or because they chose to rally against an action/decision made for the site and crossed a line...also, at various points, the basic policy was that we didn't want/need people here if they were on certain antagonistic courses; so some of those bans came with little warning, while others had A LOT.
Some of those people will undoubtedly come back to resume the fight (cough - Erik - cough, cough)....but, hopefully, some will be able to accept the opened door and join us again. I'm sure there will be some hard feelings at first, and that many will simply have no interest in returning - both sides lose something, in that case.

One of the best things about this site - Rich has never been afraid to reevaluate a decision/policy; and most topics are up for discussion. How many forums (fora?) can you find in which participants can openly disagree with policy as long as they aren't taking it to the point of antagonism?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!