Can't seem to reply in my own threads... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #41
blueapplepaste
Will paid members soon only be able to bump ads a total of 10 times a month? As is currently set up with the control panel? OR will we still be able to manually bump by posting, just so long as its not in excess (like every two days or something?). I have no problem paying a membership fee, but if it ends up being only able to bump 10x's a month if the control panel becomes the only way, then I'm not sure that would be worth it.

Also, will there be a method in place to limit the number of ads for non contributors? I could see someone posting the same ad 4x's a day as a work around.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #42
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
Will paid members soon only be able to bump ads a total of 10 times a month? As is currently set up with the control panel? OR will we still be able to manually bump by posting, just so long as its not in excess (like every two days or something?). I have no problem paying a membership fee, but if it ends up being only able to bump 10x's a month if the control panel becomes the only way, then I'm not sure that would be worth it.

Also, will there be a method in place to limit the number of ads for non contributors? I could see someone posting the same ad 4x's a day as a work around.
As Harald said, the current situation is a temporary measure. I don't think Rich even knows exactly how it will end up just yet.
We need to give the programmer a couple of days to get something worked up.
The details are far from being ironed out yet.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:18 PM   #43
blueapplepaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport View Post
As Harald said, the current situation is a temporary measure. I don't think Rich even knows exactly how it will end up just yet.
We need to give the programmer a couple of days to get something worked up.
The details are far from being ironed out yet.
Yeah, I figured there was a lot left to do, I was just curious, seeing what, if any of these issues/concerns have been addressed or thought of.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #44
WebSlave
The problem here has ALWAYS been that when a problem surfaces that needs to be addressed, a percentage of people will threaten to leave unless something is done about it. Or in some cases, already left. Then when something is done about it, a percentage will leave because either they liked the things the way they were, or the change was not enough for some, and for others it was too much of a change.

I really don't plan on pleasing everyone. I plan on doing what I hope is best, and it will be what it will be. Some minor tweaks may be necessary, but I would hope that most people will look at the BIG picture rather than being narrowly focused on just what they want for themselves and to hell with everyone else.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #45
JHMills
First off, Clay thank you for correcting me i did not know that about Kingsnake & i do appologize.

Next, I am NOT upset at all about this. I was just simply stating some points that might help this decision. Maybe with this change people will finaly start going all the way to page 10 & so on to see all the ads & all the options. This IMHO will do great things for the site.

I'm sorry if what i had said came off in the wrong way. Just wanted to make sure all points were being looked at.

As far as paying goes. Clay I agree completely. It is a very small fee to pay. But take the opinion of new people into the matter. If they do it for 3 months, decide they dont like it & get out. They don't want to have paid for a whole year. Most people dont look at just how much but how long they are paying for things. Make sense, maybe not but ??? I am just point out all opinions because i think EVERYTHING should be considered... Its a big more for this site & as i stated earlier, should do wonders for this site.

Again, sorry if it came of the wrong way. We are in NO way upset about this.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #46
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post

I will be looking into modifying the number of highlight/bumps allowed per month for each of the paid member categories to make it as fair as seens reasonable.

Bumping will only be allowed through the Classifieds Control Panel, otherwise it makes no sense even having that capability there.

Sorry, but I had hoped this would not become and issue that I would have to deal with, but it has, and I am. The most effective and easiest way would have been for me to simply stop ALL replies to all classified ads and be done with it. But I'm trying to come up with a compromise solution that will work better than that drastic alternative. If what I come up with still isn't workable and the mods have to constantly be after people doing manual bumps, then I WILL implement the above mentioned lockdown and be done with it. I will bend over backwards only so far to try to do what is best, even when more complicated, but there are limits.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #47
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Clearly 10/month is not sufficient, nor is it in line with the other levels...so this is something that will be adjusted. (It isn't as simple as opening a magic menu and changing the option, so it won't be an instant change...but the information will be posted when all is said and done).

At the other place I can push 6 of my ads up per day per section.... here I can push up 10 per month total

Another thought that just crossed my mind. Since Rich has it shut down so registered members cant post in their own ads... I guess they wont be able to answer questions publically pertaining to their ad. Not good from an advertising stand point.

Case in point... maybe its a finiky king species and they have them eating rodents. This would be something they would like everyone to know... not just replying to one person via PM with the answer.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #48
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I do keep a handful of ads up after the animals are sold, as it serves as a bit of a reference for people checking my ads...but, if I put up new ads for something I had previously advertised, I take the old ones down.
Yes it does... and matter of fact I made a sale earlier this year because of an old ad. I asked how she found me and she said thru an old ad at fauna I didn't have anything listed from this years babies and I was about 2 weeks from doing so. She placed a hold order for when a specific morph/animal was ready. Leaving old ads up does make you some $$$

Old 10-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #49
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
At the other place I can push 6 of my ads up per day per section.... here I can push up 10 per month total

Another thought that just crossed my mind. Since Rich has it shut down so registered members cant post in their own ads... I guess they wont be able to answer questions publically pertaining to their ad. Not good from an advertising stand point.

Case in point... maybe its a finiky king species and they have them eating rodents. This would be something they would like everyone to know... not just replying to one person via PM with the answer.
Then they should state it in the ad.

I was deleting bumps in my ad, and noticed my first 3 posts I can't edit. But the others I could, just wonderin why Rich.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #50
Angel Rojas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHMills View Post
What about the people that put an ad up for each snake & have like 10 ads that they bump a day. That more than anything seems like a problem to me. I think that even the highest of paid members should have restrictions.

We plan on becoming a paid member by all means. We just wanted to start selling a bit more before doing so. Someone earlier in this thread had mentioned Kingsnake. Yes they require you to pay before posting & so forth. But they didnt let you do things for free untill the site got big & then it became about who has the money. I am NOT saying that is what this site is doing. I am simply pointing out that Kingsnake never gave you a choice & that alotta people here will more than likely take it as that is what this site is doing.

Yes, i agree that something needs to be done. Start looking at the ads & finding the real problems though. Just because some people pay doesn't mean that the non payers are not people that really care & want to be part of this business. There are thousands of thousands more non payers than there are those who pay if im not mistaken. This site is the PERFECT way for people to get started in this hobby & see how they like it. If they can't sell on here. They are gone. So without the thousands upon thousands of non paying members here, you paying members would have no one to sell to. People would stop joining & the hobby would no longer continue to grow the way it has. Not everyone can afford to just jump on in like some of us are fortunate to do.

As far as leaving the ads as open threads or not. That could go either way. Harold brought up a brilliant point earlier. If people would just check the BOI out. There would not be much need for it. But.... What about the new people that dont know about the BOI & what it has done to help the wonderful people in this hobby? Some one earlier mentioned about asking questions & letting the answer be on there for all to see. A good salesman....sales person, LOL, should have all the info you need on the ad. We try to get all the info you need right there. If you want additional pics, thats something were going to email you anyway. My point, Either way i couldnt care. It is a good way for people to interact more with each other though. I believe this site would be what it is with closed threads though.

THIS IS ALL JUST IMHO
I agree also to this. I believe that if you have more than one of the same species of animal they should all go in the same ad, not 10 different ones just because of an age, size, etc. difference

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!