Exploit Toolkit Website 33 Attack - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #41
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I don't know if it is related to anything else, but the last several times I've tried to access this site I got the following message:

Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /home/fauna/public_html/chat/api.php on line 6
Yeah, this wasn't one of my better days.

Along with this stuff, I've been fighting with a problem concerning PayPal transaction (IPNs) being passed to this site when members would upgrade to paid memberships. The PayPal transaction would go through, I would get an email notice about it, but the notice sent to this site to perform the actual upgrade was either never sent, or this site's code never got it. Anyway, my programmer thought that something in PHP got screwed up so I asked the server guys to recompile PHP for me.

BOOM!

Not sure if they left off a module during the recompile or it was the fact that they went to version 5.4, that I have heard vBulletin has some issues with. Anyway, they backed on down to v5.3 and recompiled, and so far the site is up. Haven't checked on that original IPN problem yet, but this all gave me a splitting headache and I'm just going to walk away from it for a while.

Computers.............aaarghhh!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #42
RoyalPythonPros
Not sure if it's part of this, but user profiles aren't coming up right.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #43
Mistyck
I had that as well! Thought it might have been just me... Thank goodness I'm not going bonkers. lol

Old 08-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #44
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Not sure if they left off a module during the recompile or it was the fact that they went to version 5.4,
I thought it was going to be 5.4 issue. I had issue with 5.4 and some add on's with vbulletin for a computer site I was helping on.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #45
TheFragginDragon
Something strange is really going on, I just got this email from webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com - here's the source coding attached as a txt file

I'm also seeing a problem with the profile pages.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Message%20Source.txt (2.3 KB, 77 views)

Old 08-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #46
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
Something strange is really going on, I just got this email from webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com - here's the source coding attached as a txt file

I'm also seeing a problem with the profile pages.
Beats the hell out of me.... Anyone want to buy a website?

I'm TIRED of this crap...........

Old 08-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #47
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalPythonPros View Post
Not sure if it's part of this, but user profiles aren't coming up right.
I ran the repair utility on all of the tables in the database. Please see if that straightened up this profile problem.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #48
TheFragginDragon
Negative, my profiles still shows only partially.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #49
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
Negative, my profiles still shows only partially.
Ouch, yeah I see that. Not sure what is going to happen from here, but expect the server to go offline without warning at any time.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #50
Clay Davenport
Just to add my experience...

I also got the Website 33 warning today.
For the past few days I've also had fauna fail to load and the URL bar showing a different address.

I don't know if it's coincidental or not but I just started running Symantec Endpoint Protection two weeks ago. In the Website 33 instance it just blocks it and allows the site to load. In the other instance it fails to load the site and I get a notification from Symantec that a certain IP has been blocked for 600 seconds.
An immediate reload of the site works though.

I've had no problems with my laptop, which is running Linux, it has only happened with the desktop whixh is running XP and Symantec Endpoint.

As for the ad blocking software, I'm not sure how exactly that software works. Whether it blocks the ads at the source or it allows the code to be loaded and only blocks the visibility. If the latter is the case then a google ad could still be the problem.

I've been having these instances happen for the last 4 ro 5 days I think.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
toolkit, website