Longicauda Q's - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #1
Junkyard
Longicauda Q's

I was thinking(which is dangerous most of the time) Longicauda Boas are natural anery's, from what I understand and pictures I have seen. If these are true anery's, would they be the original Type 1 Anery?

So am I out if my mind to think that a Longicauda bred with a Central American Boa to produce the Anery Type 2 Boas?

Old 01-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
Greg Riso
They May Look Anery

but if you see them as babies they look like this...
http://imageevent.com/bigtuna/availa...ums/longicauda
This is a link I received to Gus Renfro's available longis. As you can see there is red present that disappears later on. There are anerytheristic Longicauda also which is what I'd like to pick up a pair of. I don't know why more people don't since they're really not big money. They're all beautiful animals and they don't get very big.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:02 AM   #3
Junkyard
Interesting, I received the same e-mail, which is why the wheels in my head started to turn. I was also looking on boa-constrictor.com, they have some great looking adults.

So now I am curious about the Anery Longicauda. I am going to have too look them up. Thanks Greg.

Old 01-15-2006, 06:23 AM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
The way it was explained to Me is similar to what Gregg said. The decrease in the erythrin will be accompanied by the increase of melanin as they age.
Though there are some out there that are in fact anery, most are not truly anerythristic by nature.

But man, aint they sweet lookin when they age? LOL

Rick

Old 02-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #5
Hippi
Hi,
I´ve buyed my 2,1 Group of Boa c. longicauda by Reinhold Maugg www.pythons-boas.de . It´s the bloodline of Bill Edelbrock.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #6
Junkyard
Wow, Phillip, thanks for the info, you must have some beautiful longicaudas. Also, thanks you Rick for responding,they sure are sweet. I have a friend with a beautiful pair of BCLs, I am going to have to wait until they breed, but they are an awesome pair I want babies from.

Old 02-10-2006, 05:59 AM   #7
Hippi
Yes they are great in collour, but they´re first 7 Month old.
So I´m very interested in the Adlut collour.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!