The wild, wild, west! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:40 AM   #21
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
What's wrong with coming here for the drama?
I have no issues whatsoever with some drama.
The Board of Inquiry is filled with drama by design.
It's the increasing intrusion of the Cartoon Network that gets a little old!

Old 11-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #22
Wilomn
I don't know Mike, I kind of like cartoons.

When is Johnny Quest on, I don't want to miss that one.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #23
Monte
You know - this used to be a noble place. I remember how it started - and how it tried to help police a hobby liberally laced with bad people. But the bad guys and 40 year old adolescents seemed to have won.

It's too bad. The BOI was a great idea.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #24
kmurphy
The BOI still works. I believe any reasonably intelligent person can sift through the crap and make an informed decision regarding a vendor through the BOI. This is all I would want if I was going to purchase an animal, or suppplies, from an unknown seller.

There's a lot of pettiness in the BOI but it is easy to skip over. Actually I was thinking it was getting better of late. Some of the major combatants seem to be in some sort of a truce.

Anyway it's commonly the same posters so if they get out of hand just tune them out.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #25
Monte
It's so embarrassing though. Anyone new to the hobby - trying to find out information about a vendor, has to wade through loads of this junk.

It's like it reinforces every stereotype herpers have....

Old 11-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #26
WebSlave
So why should I expend all that time, effort, and energy to muzzle those people dead set on making fools of themselves?

So now people are blaming me because they no longer have a "daddy" here to run to?

Old 11-13-2006, 11:53 AM   #27
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave

So now people are blaming me because they no longer have a "daddy" here to run to?
Of course it is your fault grown adults can not behave themselves.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #28
kmurphy
Quote:
It's like it reinforces every stereotype herpers have....
It's funny we are all "herpers" but no one wants to be seen as the stereotypical herper. I guess I just give people more credit, whether they are new to herps or not. Generally, when I see someone call another an ahole for no particular reason, I'm thinking, look in the mirror. On most BOI threads the die is cast in about 20 posts(this is entirely a guess). After that it is rehashing, fighting,excuses and sometimes a footnote. I would suspect by 20 posts a reader would know whether they trust the seller or not, so if they keep reading it is for enjoyment.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:06 PM   #29
Wilomn
I think the whole placing blame thing is somewhat rediculous.

If you don't like it, leave. You don't have to pull an even stahl and poop all over the place on your way out, just leave.

A few have done just that. Some of them, when they needed it, have come back because they know if it's possible to get assistance it can be had here.

There is also the ignore button. Feel free to use it.

Just because one of or some of the members feel a certain way, other members are in no way obligated to follow suit.

Cowboy, Indian, Storekeeper or SchoolMarm, they're all here regularly. They all play their part in outing the black barts of the reptile world.

Also, if you read here often enough to be familiar enough with this place to have a negative opinion of it, why are you here?

I can think of half a dozen sites off the top of my head that have things similar to the BOI. Go there. If you can get satisfaction there, more power to you. When you come back here, the members will still try to help you out, regaurdless of your previous nay-saying.

If I put my finger on a hot pot, that I know is hot before I put my finger on it, how is it ok to blame the guy who provides the gas to my stove for me buring my finger? I'm the dolt that touched the pot I knew was hot.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #30
Mike Greathouse
Great post Wes.
I agree completely, and in case anyone is questioning my motives for starting this thread, let me state this:

Fauna is still the best reptile forum on the internet. It is filled with good people who are always willing to help. Yes, there are more then a few who want to use this as a playground and constantly pick fights, but they are the minority here.

I am simply looking for, and hopefully offering suggestions to improve it.

I still believe that there is a better place just a couple of clicks back from wide open.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!