The People's Choice - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #31
Chameleon Company
Does anyone else here see the fundamental uselessness of this thread ? While this exact idea has been championed earlier in the WWW threads etc., the mention of names then were only as examples that there were many people within Fauna who met more broadly accepted criteria than those being considered at the time (and now in use), or put another way, that the criteria under consideration was too flawed. It was also pointed out that peer-approval rating systems already existed here, and have for some time. I for one cannot claim surprise at those who felt a need to post their lists here, and those that took exception to inclusion or exclusion. As pointless as such is, the idea of a "do not want to see as moderators list" would be a greater monument to stupidity IMO. It reminds me somewhat of a not-so-secret "Fauna Members We Do Not Like" (or something like that) in another forum which created so much negative hullabaloo and bad blood a while back, to include a bit of angst by one now suggesting the negative thread ....... Go figure !

Old 02-18-2007, 02:34 PM   #32
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Does anyone else here see the fundamental uselessness of this thread ? While this exact idea has been championed earlier in the WWW threads etc., the mention of names then were only as examples that there were many people within Fauna who met more broadly accepted criteria than those being considered at the time (and now in use), or put another way, that the criteria under consideration was too flawed. It was also pointed out that peer-approval rating systems already existed here, and have for some time. I for one cannot claim surprise at those who felt a need to post their lists here, and those that took exception to inclusion or exclusion. As pointless as such is, the idea of a "do not want to see as moderators list" would be a greater monument to stupidity IMO. It reminds me somewhat of a not-so-secret "Fauna Members We Do Not Like" (or something like that) in another forum which created so much negative hullabaloo and bad blood a while back, to include a bit of angst by one now suggesting the negative thread ....... Go figure !
Well I knew that Jim, this is one reason why I brought this up . I could care less if I have his votes, or meet his approval on anything. I see what he has been trying to do from day one. I am not blind, or too old to see his true demeanor behind the glitter.

It seems like some just feel the need to be here just for the drama.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #33
Sledgehammer
Can anyone explain to me what this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Well I guess you don't like me because I did not let you slide on this post: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=164

Or was it this one? http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...9&postcount=50

I bet this thread is your way to whine about the warning points, you did not deserve them, right?

Your actions speak real loud, however I would guess your opinion should mean something.
and this post:

Quote:
Well I knew that Jim, this is one reason why I brought this up . I could care less if I have his votes, or meet his approval on anything. I see what he has been trying to do from day one. I am not blind, or too old to see his true demeanor behind the glitter.

It seems like some just feel the need to be here just for the drama.
have in common, other then the fact that they were written by the same person.

Bobby,
Make up your mind. Are you upset that you were excluded from my "Short List" - it certainly seems that you were, based on your first post.

Now that attention has been drawn to it, you are stating that "I could care less" (by the way, the correct usage would be "couldn't care less).

Which is it? It seems to me that you care plenty what the people here think of you. Even those like me who you say do not matter to you.

For the record, this thread was started for fun. There were no attacks upon anyone. YOU are the one who attempted to escalate this thread into Fauna Drama.

Everyone else was simply stating who they felt deserved the power to monitor and correct their fellow members.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #34
varnyard
I am sorry if you felt like I was attacking you, I was just making my opinion known.

BTW, is this you?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/inqu...osts/6363.html

Very interesting...

Old 02-18-2007, 03:37 PM   #35
WebSlave
Quote:
Does anyone else here see the fundamental uselessness of this thread ?
ME! ME! ME!

Par for the course. A small subset of members don't like the latest change. So what else is new around here?

Just in case no one has noticed, the decision has already been made and implemented. Opinions were specifically NOT solicited beforehand just for this very reason. I knew for a FACT that it would not be universally embraced, so I decided to not waste my time.

So if you don't like it, please just get over it. You can state you don't like it, if you want to, but that's about as far as it is going to go. It is HERE, NOW, so just deal with it.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #36
Sledgehammer
Quote:
I am sorry if you felt like I was attacking you, I was just making my opinion known.

BTW, is this you?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/inqu...osts/6363.html

Very interesting...
No it is not, is this you: Bobby Hill

Bobby,
Do you really want to play this game with me?
Any simpleton can do a google search and come up with a dozen or more hits on almost any name. In your case, you could be a cartoon character, a coach, a gay rights activist, or any number of other personas.

Unless you have the skills and legitimate records, I would advise you against doing simple searches and suggesting that your conclusions are fact.

Haven't you taken this thread far enough off topic? Based on your own rules of moderation, are you not now entitled to points for posting off topic?

Old 02-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #37
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
No it is not, is this you: Bobby Hill

Bobby,
Do you really want to play this game with me?
Any simpleton can do a google search and come up with a dozen or more hits on almost any name. In your case, you could be a cartoon character, a coach, a gay rights activist, or any number of other personas.

Unless you have the skills and legitimate records, I would advise you against doing simple searches and suggesting that your conclusions are fact.

Haven't you taken this thread far enough off topic? Based on your own rules of moderation, are you not now entitled to points for posting off topic?
This was no google search, this is right from our very own Fauna. Maybe you can read the address again: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/inq...posts/6363.html

I will say, I am done with this thread for now. I think everyone will take what they need to get your true point behind this and other threads you have been so active in.

Old 02-18-2007, 04:11 PM   #38
Mike Greathouse
Gentlemen,
Maybe it's time to put some personal feelings aside and try and enjoy this thread for what it is. Nothing stated in this thread is likely to have any bearing on the actual moderation of this site. The rules have been set, and I seriously doubt that they will be changed.

I am flattered that several of you feel that I, and several others, are deserving of moderation status, but in all reality, it's not going to happen.

I suggest that we think of this thread as a "fun" topic and try and keep it that way. If you feel that someone is deserving of mention here, then by all means, mention their name. I'm certain that they will appreciate it.

As far as a thread for voting on the existing moderators, I don't see where any good will come of it. Why do we need to single out anyone? There are some that are using it and some that are not. Let's just respect their individual decisions and move on.

I would prefer to direct some of this energy towards answering the people in the various forums who are asking questions regarding the care or taxonomy of their animals.

Old 02-18-2007, 04:33 PM   #39
Shrillomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Since I firmly believe this is just another anonymous identity of the cowardly shrillomn, I'd say the message is that your roses are hungry and it's time to feed them; basically that this opinion does have value but is poop all the same.
Wesley,
I glad to see that you were finally able to get in touch with your feminine side. The cuddly puppy dog avatar suits you.

Old 02-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #40
Shrillomn
Quote:
whah whah whah whah whah whah whah whah whah whah whah whah whah whah whah whahwhah whah whah whah whah whah whah whah. Go figure !
Jim,
Have you ever watched a Charlie Brown cartoon and noticed when the adults are speaking? This is exactly the way many of your posts read. You have a wonderful ability to fill up paragraphs of space and yet, say nothing.

Greetings from the edge.............

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!