Mods who are SOOOOO smart they don't even have to read the guidelines - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #11
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
The simple answer here is Money = Power
The system dosnt seem to care who has those powers now, so long as they can pony up.
Great post and dead on. This new system is a complete joke. Not too surprising though...

Old 02-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #12
jsrocket
Wes, you're a smart guy, try this one on.

You made your name here as a guy who busted conmen and scammers. You did a helluva job at that, and people respected you for it, as well as your knowledge of the reptile business.

Now, you seem to do nothing except complain about the mods, and your success with that is limited, at best.

See where I'm going?

Old 02-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #13
Wilomn
Jim, I do see where you're going.

Now look at my point of view.

I've always spoken up for what was wrong, be it a bad guy stealing from someone or the way people were treated by others here.

Why, just because someone is a mod, should I NOT speak up if they are either not doing thier job properly, as I have in the past, or are INCAPABLE of doing it properly, as I am now?

I'm not looking for anything at all here OTHER than some of you looking at the facts.

The fact is, in this matter, chriss66 is NOT smart enough to do the job.

Do you agree or disagree?

That is the ENTIRE point of this thread.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
Wilomn
You know, there is something that just occured to me.

A LOT of you people have mentioned that I am a smart guy, I've busted some bad guys, with the help of others to be sure, but it seems that I am regaurded as of fair intelligence.

Why then, just because I have pointed out some problems with the moderation staff, problems which many of you have agreed with me about, am I wrong to continue to do so?

I am no less intelligent, certainly no less belligerant, absolutely as convinced that I am correct as ever I was when chasing down scumbags like lawson or gubitz.

Don't you think, somewhere back in the hindbrains we all have, that where there is smoke, there might not also be fire?

Old 02-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #15
jsrocket
No, I am not a big fan of chriss66's moderating style, but who cares?

Just saying maybe you should pick your battles more selectively.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #16
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
You know, there is something that just occured to me.

A LOT of you people have mentioned that I am a smart guy, I've busted some bad guys, with the help of others to be sure, but it seems that I am regaurded as of fair intelligence.

Why then, just because I have pointed out some problems with the moderation staff, problems which many of you have agreed with me about, am I wrong to continue to do so?

I am no less intelligent, certainly no less belligerant, absolutely as convinced that I am correct as ever I was when chasing down scumbags like lawson or gubitz.

Don't you think, somewhere back in the hindbrains we all have, that where there is smoke, there might not also be fire?
Wes,
I really have no desire to engage you on this, and I'm sure that you'll point out, as you have in the past, that it's none of my business. But I think that I can answer your question very simply - it's a matter of tact and finesse.

If I started a public thread with the title: Wes is SOOOOO smart that he doesn't even have to read the guidelines, and then proceeded to insult your intelligence in the body of the thread in an effort to dramatically expose what may have been a mistake on your part, how would you have answered?

As I have stated in the past, I honestly believe that you have much to offer this site. The problem is, we seem to be seeing more posts like this, then of the ones that will actually make people listen, think, and respond.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #17
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
Wes,
I really have no desire to engage you on this, and I'm sure that you'll point out, as you have in the past, that it's none of my business. But I think that I can answer your question very simply - it's a matter of tact and finesse.

If I started a public thread with the title: Wes is SOOOOO smart that he doesn't even have to read the guidelines, and then proceeded to insult your intelligence in the body of the thread in an effort to dramatically expose what may have been a mistake on your part, how would you have answered?

As I have stated in the past, I honestly believe that you have much to offer this site. The problem is, we seem to be seeing more posts like this, then of the ones that will actually make people listen, think, and respond.
I was thinking along the same guidelines here.

Wes, you know i respect you and what you have to say, But its the WAY you go about saying it that gets you into trouble. Not what you say. There are ways to go about these sorts of things better, and i believe you know that just as much as anyone here.

Can i ask though, why DO you go so far as to step over that fine line? Is it only out of spite against the people who you call on it as well? is it to make a point?
You ARE intelligent, and i guess id just like to know your motives behind why you go so far?

Old 02-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #18
Wilomn
Define so far.

I do what I do because it works.

Why be nambipambi and beat around the bush when, in a few sentences I can convey exactly what I want to?

What line do you speak of? There is NO line that I am aware of. I know of an arbitrary boundary that is not in the same place from post to post much less thread to thread.

I'm not trying to be nice, I'm trying to make a point.

Some of you seem to be confusing being nice with the ability to make a point.

And Mike, if YOU started a thread that way, I would consider why you did so, READ the post, and then decided if it warranted an answer at all. Then I would answer as I thought best served my position.

Is that not, in essense, what you do? Why is it wrong for me? Becuase I am not polite? Becuase I am not nice? I'm nice when it's correct to be nice. Go look at leigh's last thread, go look at nicky's. It was right to be nice, firm but nice, and that is exactly what I did.

chriss66 does not deserve nice. YOU may think so, but you didn't start this thread.

I did and I did it in the way I thought best served my purpose, which was to let YOU guys know just how abysmally ignorant he is.

Whether you like the overall thread or not, I suspect it served its purpose quite well, as it was supposed to.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #19
Chameleon Company
Wes,
Yes, you possess some intelligence. Let that not hide the obvious opinions by many that you also possess a larger dose of stupidity than you seem to be able to recognize from the enormous volume of outside input which says same. Restraint and tact are not your strong suits. You're like the kid in basketball game who cries "foul" every time the wind of an opposing player goes by when they miss a shot. Sometimes you are right, it was a foul. Recently, there have been times that some of your cries of "foul" meet the common definitions of being a lie, as voiced by members here who have much more widespread respect than do you. The kid crying on the basketball court may be referred to in many ways. Intelligent ain't one of them.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #20
shrap
Oh hell Wes. What are you really trying to accomplish by these threads and posts? I know, you know.... almost everyone knows not everything or everyone around here is going to take the RIGHT and JUST path. We see it. We dont need it pointed out ALL the time. And for the ones who dont see, or refuse to see.... no amount of pointing things out for them is ever going to sway them.

We all have to pick and choose our battles. But lately you have been picking EVERY battle. At every chance. It aint needed. It actually hurts the cause. Analogy time.... think back to 9/11. Everyone was glued to terrorism and the Middle East. But it has been thrown in our faces with such constant regularity that many have just quit listening. Dont let that happen to you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!