Does Everyone who is Suspended..... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:52 AM   #11
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
What makes you so sure I ''forgot" to mention it?

It's a game rich, plain and simple. I bet I laugh at it more than you do though.
Because you had no reason not to mention it. Rumor has it that you considered your banning to be some sort of cub scout badge....

I know you consider it a game, Wes. I'm just wondering how long it will take for everyone else to see that fact.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
. Rumor has it that you considered your banning to be some sort of cub scout badge....
Interesting. So NOW you're buying into RUMORS? I've got a few juicy ones I've heard about you too rich. Never put much stock in them though.

Kind of a ridiculous thing for an otherwise intelligent man to say, don't you think?

Weblos at least.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #13
monkeywrench133
"Quote:
. Rumor has it that you considered your banning to be some sort of cub scout badge....

Interesting. So NOW you're buying into RUMORS? I've got a few juicy ones I've heard about you too rich. Never put much stock in them though.

Kind of a ridiculous thing for an otherwise intelligent man to say, don't you think?

Weblos at least."

You two just crack me up! Talk about fighting like an "old married couple"!!

Old 04-29-2007, 01:36 PM   #14
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133
"Quote:

Weblos at least."

You two just crack me up! Talk about fighting like an "old married couple"!!

Old 04-29-2007, 01:46 PM   #15
WebSlave
Quote:

Weblos at least.
"Juicy" rumors about ME? Sorry, but I'm way too busy to lead a life that creates "juicy" rumors....... Nearly everyone would find it positively boring.

For a guy who seems to abhor rumors, you sure seem to base a lot of your posting on them, Wes..... For instance, your postings about Ed Clark recently. But I suppose that is a different kettle of fish, eh? I'm sure you have never tried to START rumors, now have you?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #16
WebSlave
Quote:
Sometimes I think the only reason he keeps me around, other than my angelic looks and stunning intellect, is the laughs I bring to some of the members.
BINGO!

(minus the "angelic looks" and "stunning intellect", of course)

Old 04-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #17
Wilomn
Quote:
"Juicy" rumors about ME? Sorry, but I'm way too busy to lead a life that creates "juicy" rumors....... Nearly everyone would find it positively boring.

For a guy who seems to abhor rumors, you sure seem to base a lot of your posting on them, Wes..... For instance, your postings about Ed Clark recently. But I suppose that is a different kettle of fish, eh? I'm sure you have never tried to START rumors, now have you?
Actually Rich, the stuff with Ed had no rumor attached at all. He opened some doors and I wanted to know why they were shut so quickly so I asked.

I have freely admitted to speculating many times. Many many times. Are you trying to start rumors about me starting rumors?

My my my.

Oh, and by the say, rumor has it that I am both handsome and intelligent.

Go figure.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #18
Seamus Haley
Quote:

Weblos at least.
Oh c'mon Wes... you know damn well that at various times in various places in different contexts that you'd been prideful of being banned from Fauna.

I'm going to toss something out here about myself... There have been any number of occassions when I have been critical of decisions Rich has made or directions Fauna has taken and sometimes, I am sure, my language made it a little more direct. At the time, in the context of the threads those comments were written in I meant things that I had said. Sure, I can argue that if the comments are taken out of the setting they were made in, with the attitudes and responses and fresh stimulus subtracted that they aren't an accurate reflection of views I hold NOW- but if confronted about any of it, I couldn't deny or dodge or avoid admitting the existance of 'em.

Maybe you were playing up to the audience you had at the time. maybe they were tongue in cheek and nobody "got it" but you. Maybe the pride was a kind of argument with a couple people who were throwing it in your teeth as a sleight. Maybe some of the context it's been seen in it was a genuine and lasting pride because you felt your actions and their results were worth the response they generated...

You could try explaining that. Some people might even believe the explaination. Don't try to deny that it had happened though or duck behind shifty language that lets you imply a denial while leaving you an out if directly confronted. It really should be beneath you and your professed adherence to absolutes where truth is concerned.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #19
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
Oh c'mon Wes... you know damn well that at various times in various places in different contexts that you'd been prideful of being banned from Fauna.

I'm going to toss something out here about myself... There have been any number of occassions when I have been critical of decisions Rich has made or directions Fauna has taken and sometimes, I am sure, my language made it a little more direct. At the time, in the context of the threads those comments were written in I meant things that I had said. Sure, I can argue that if the comments are taken out of the setting they were made in, with the attitudes and responses and fresh stimulus subtracted that they aren't an accurate reflection of views I hold NOW- but if confronted about any of it, I couldn't deny or dodge or avoid admitting the existance of 'em.

Maybe you were playing up to the audience you had at the time. maybe they were tongue in cheek and nobody "got it" but you. Maybe the pride was a kind of argument with a couple people who were throwing it in your teeth as a sleight. Maybe some of the context it's been seen in it was a genuine and lasting pride because you felt your actions and their results were worth the response they generated...

You could try explaining that. Some people might even believe the explaination. Don't try to deny that it had happened though or duck behind shifty language that lets you imply a denial while leaving you an out if directly confronted. It really should be beneath you and your professed adherence to absolutes where truth is concerned.
Didja miss the part about Weblos? It's the next step up from Cubscouts.

While I never considered any of my suspensions or bannings, many of which I still think were not warranted, worthy of a merit badge, I have certainly had a good time with the activities that surrounded some of them. Depending on who and why, I have been proud of one or two, there is no denying that. Why should I? I took a stand and stuck to it. I know that YOU, better than many, understand this.

I've been very unkind to rich and at least 3 of his mods and meant everything I said, at the time I said it. I've changed my mind before and no doubt will in the future. If and when I do I will certainly own up to it and not try to hide it behind cleverly worded turnings, though I do thank you sincerely for the compliment.

Being born a man I am incapable of perfection, as any woman can tell you. I don't seek perfection, just an honest good time. Tell me you have not only laughed, but agreed with me while laughing Seamus.

Sometimes Seamus, splitting a hair/word brings me a great deal of amusement and, honestly, sometimes I'm just out to amuse myself and not the world at large. Sometimes my goal is the exact opposite, just to keep it truthful. I see no wrong with either course.

Besides, I thought we, well many of us who were here back in the long ago, had decided that, "we don't need no stinking batches!" Did we not?

Old 04-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #20
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Didja miss the part about Weblos? It's the next step up from Cubscouts.
Guess I did. Or misunderstood it completely; after being reminded of that, I knew it had some kind of association with the boy-cub-eagle-whatever scouts but failed to catch that first go through.

Quote:
Depending on who and why, I have been proud of one or two, there is no denying that. Why should I? I took a stand and stuck to it. I know that YOU, better than many, understand this.

I've been very unkind to rich and at least 3 of his mods and meant everything I said, at the time I said it. I've changed my mind before and no doubt will in the future. If and when I do I will certainly own up to it and not try to hide it behind cleverly worded turnings, though I do thank you sincerely for the compliment.
That about covers what I saw as being a little inconsistant with my observations elsewhere. Thanks for clarifying it directly.

Quote:
Tell me you have not only laughed, but agreed with me while laughing Seamus.
From time to time. And sometimes laughed while disagreeing. And sometimes been bloody furious while agreeing or disagreeing, although I definitely think you and I are on the same page about when and where some of those "unkind" things were said. I also think that if the sum total is looked at, then there's nothing there to be ashamed of but similarly reccognize that if a sentence or paragraph or post is pulled out to be stared under the sterile flourescent lights and microscope by it's lonesome, there may be regrettable things there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!