Shipping costs and options - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 04-26-2004, 08:01 AM   #1
Snakemother
Shipping costs and options

Hello - I'm new to shipping, and having some questions asked about my shipping costs. To ship overnight thru UPS, I thought to charge $35 for leopard geckos (light package), and $45 for adult bearded dragons (heavier package), as that's what I've been charged in the past. Is this not what I'll be charged for shipping? I don't want to rip folks off, just charge them as I'll be charged when I ship the animal to them.
I've had folks say they didn't want to pay more for shipping than for the animal on the geckos. Is there a safe, cheaper shipper that I don't know about?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Old 04-26-2004, 09:23 AM   #2
Double "D" Reptiles
As long as you are only shipping LIZARDS, then check with your local PO. They are still legal to ship there and their EXPRESS MAIL is now all handled by FedEx, so they now arrive overnight, and it's less expensive.

David

Old 05-01-2004, 10:32 AM   #3
hummi22689
Using the post office is cheaper, but not always guaranteed overnight. Some place are second day.

Old 05-01-2004, 12:20 PM   #4
WebSlave
Check all of your options, then pick the BEST way to ship with all circumstances in consideration. If it costs more than some of your customers want to spend, then they need to go elsewhere. Let them show up on the BOI complaining about geting DOA animals because of poor shipping procedures from someone else. Do what is best, not the cheapest.

Shipping is a pain in the butt as it is, so try to relieve your own stress by shipping in a manner that you feel confident you have done your best to get the animals to them alive and well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!