Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #111
Celtic Constrictors
Erm, I am rather taken aback at this point. Without knowing either party involved I was leaning to side with Jon as he was the highly acclaimed professional and Wai was an unknown so to speak. I may lean one way or another but I am never too proud to change which way I lean when presented with new information. I still don't think Jon was too unfavorable in his behavior... until he posted. Business etiquette dictates the proprietor of a business never lose his cool.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #112
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geitje View Post
ps. I rarely spend any time whatsoever on BOI, even with this thread, as I've got enough to tend to currently and considering holidays and my personal life. For those not paying close attention - that does not mean that I'm ignoring the OP, as I have animals coming in to choose from to help alleviate the issue with Wai/Ken.
I think you are the one that has not been paying close attention. Wai has proposed that you send money to a friend and then he would exchange the geckoes with that friend for the cash. It is a well thought out proposal. The only problem is that you were so busy insulting the site and making ethnic slurs that you did not appear to see or at least you did not respond to what I think is an excellent solution to your customer's issue.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #113
Geitje
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Then maybe you shouldn't refer to gypsies as living in the back of cars on the Internet if you don't know what you are saying. I would do a quick google search and maybe some slight education on the group you just stereotyped and insulted. Every race suffers from poverty or has had to live in the back of a car at one point, but I'm glad to see humor at their expense.
Just to clear myself of being accused of an "ethnic slur" regarding the usage of the word “gyspy”. Gypsy is also defined as a non-sedentary (not setting)/nomadic lifestyle – meaning someone who is always on the move with no fixed place for living/home, and using a car (or needing to sleep in it) because they’re moving so much is not necessarily a bad thing.

Gypsy is not a humanoid race.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #114
Geitje
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I think you are the one that has not been paying close attention. Wai has proposed that you send money to a friend and then he would exchange the geckoes with that friend for the cash. It is a well thought out proposal. The only problem is that you were so busy insulting the site and making ethnic slurs that you did not appear to see or at least you did not respond to what I think is an excellent solution to your customer's issue.
And i would not respond until the 3rd party had agreed, with all due respect to that party.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #115
Geitje
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguine84 View Post
Erm, I am rather taken aback at this point. Without knowing either party involved I was leaning to side with Jon as he was the highly acclaimed professional and Wai was an unknown so to speak. I may lean one way or another but I am never too proud to change which way I lean when presented with new information. I still don't think Jon was too unfavorable in his behavior... until he posted. Business etiquette dictates the proprietor of a business never lose his cool.
I never lost my cool, and had no reason to, and there were no "ethnic slurs" either.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #116
Tankster
Quote:
And i would not respond until the 3rd party had agreed, with all due respect to that party.
I am here and please let me know when I should take the geckos to your friend in LA.

Thanks,
Wai

Old 12-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #117
Celtic Constrictors
Quote:
I never lost my cool, and had no reason to, and there were no "ethnic slurs" either.
I consider telling users of the Board of Inquiry they have no business discussing faulty transactions when they aren't directly involved with yourself of the OP as losing your cool. You understand 1.) The Board of Inquiry only works if third parties interject and add their knowledge and thoughts to the equation. It provides a (mostly) neutral outside the box view to the situation and B.) The readers and posters of the BOI are your customer base. I don't know where you got the idea the BOI is disregarded and ignored by a lot of sellers but I don't see that as being factual. There are many vendors who utilize this tool as a reference when selling e.g., "Check out my Good Guy posts on Faunaclassifieds."

Old 12-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #118
Celtic Constrictors
Typo : "yourself OR the OP"

Old 12-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #119
Focal
Quote:
Just to clear myself of being accused of an "ethnic slur" regarding the usage of the word “gyspy”. Gypsy is also defined as a non-sedentary (not setting)/nomadic lifestyle – meaning someone who is always on the move with no fixed place for living/home, and using a car (or needing to sleep in it) because they’re moving so much is not necessarily a bad thing.

Gypsy is not a humanoid race.
Ok, maybe my suggestion of a "quick internet search" was poor advice. If you search any racial slur on the web, I am sure you will also find an example of how it's most commonly used.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

I understand you don't see what you are doing wrong by using gypsy in the manner you did. You ARE defining a group of people as homeless and I hope you can eventually see why I am bringing this up. I wish you good luck handling this situation.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #120
Focal
Please take note of the word offensive and itinerant.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gypsy

Noun[edit]
gypsy (plural gypsies)
(sometimes offensive) Alternative form of Gypsy: a member of the Romani people.
(offensive) An itinerant person or any person suspected of making a living from dishonest practices or theft; a member of a nomadic people, not necessarily Romani; a carny.  [quotations ▼]

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!