Info Brandon Aldridge baldridge exotics/Powder Blue Exotics contest scam for followers??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:16 AM   #1
Emery Aranda
Brandon Aldridge baldridge exotics/Powder Blue Exotics contest scam for followers???

So anyone following the tegu classifieds probably saw the giveaway for the het albino blue ice tegu giveaway? Anyone notice the post was just deleted. When I confronted powder blue tegus he claimed that it was announced on Facebook, and then when I called him out for having no way to even know that, he blocked me. Brandon Aldridge that is very lame of you to do, and I think it’s unfair considering you gained a good 100+ followers from this stunt. It’s honestly quite sad. If anyone has screenshots of the original post please feel free to post them below. I mean c’mon man you couldn’t even make an attempt to make a fake profile to award the tegu to? I feel offended that you’d think we’re that stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-16-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
Snake-Queen
Neither of those business names brings up anything on a FB search.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:53 AM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderBlueTegus View Post
*Giveaway* Decided I’m gonna do a giveaway. The winner will receive a 100% het albino Blue Ice Tegu for free (just pay shipping). To enter you must follow my instagram @baldridgeexotics , and comment done with your Instagram name once you’ve completed those steps. The parents are posted below. It starts today, and the deadline to enter is September 12th.
@baldridgeexotics @baldridgeexotics
So who is the winner? Was there in fact a winner?

Old 09-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #4
Crayfish1585
This is what I found on Facebook I screenshot most of the writing and skipped the gifs

Old 09-16-2018, 09:03 AM   #5
Crayfish1585
Some of them
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2018, 09:04 AM   #6
Crayfish1585
The last two
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2018, 09:06 AM   #7
Lucille
From Instagram Community Guidelines

Foster meaningful and genuine interactions.
Help us stay spam-free by not artificially collecting likes, followers, or shares, posting repetitive comments or content, or repeatedly contacting people for commercial purposes without their consent.

https://help.instagram.com/contact/3...f=page_content

Old 09-16-2018, 09:07 AM   #8
Crayfish1585
And I agree this was a horribly run contest, if not a scam. No mention of even having a Facebook entry list as well as this website or never making it clear who won.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:25 AM   #9
Lucille
I think that if someone takes part in a large contest like this, the handling of the contest itself becomes an advertisement for the businesses involved. There was a recent very large BOI thread on a different tegu contest and in my opinion one of the parties injured his own reputation by the way he handled the issues.

Here, not announcing the winners, not thanking the contestants for their time, sends a red flag. I'm left wondering where the winner was valid or whether this was all a setup. Had I taken the time to go follow on Instagram and then be let down like this, I might go to the link I posted above and let Instagram investigate.

Old 09-16-2018, 11:05 AM   #10
AbsoluteApril
Original thread in question from classifieds:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=663596

Classified ad using the same photos (user says breeding was a colab):
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=666083

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!