Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 107 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #1061
sally-dog
Nevermind. She got the Jampea a few days after. I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the animals she's accumlated.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #1062
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
Now, watch those pictures disappear! I wonder why the Jampea wasn't there? Probably because he was visibly ill! She had him for sale just 13 days after the dates on those pictures.
I can't do it from work, but someone needs to do screenshots so evidence doesn't disappear.

People like her owners and vendors killed any desire I had to attend shows and purchase animals.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #1063
piper92
I know some good folks that vend at that show. Responsible people who have worked their tails off to get it done right in this hobby. The fact that she had a table there and took such a stupid chance to sell some snakes with no concern for others disgusts me.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #1064
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD50_Junkie View Post
But who would sell to her?

Let's not forget that this hobby is in so much trouble because of the vendors who have, do and will sell to anyone to make a buck. People who have no business with large boids or less than savory husbandry practices.

I mean, really, who NEEDS 70 boids? Who NEEDS 70 cats? No one can adequately care of those numbers of animals without a workforce of skilled employees. And no one can QT in a private facility (read: a house) with 70+ snakes. A la the IBD's etiology maybe?

False assumption. It can and is being done. A detached shed with entrance from outside in the back and no shared air to the rest of the house, and a SCHEDULE. Yep, it can and is being done, by people that also have jobs and no skilled employees.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #1065
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I can't do it from work, but someone needs to do screenshots so evidence doesn't disappear.

People like her owners and vendors killed any desire I had to attend shows and purchase animals.
Oh, I saved the relevent pictures before I even posted. We already know how fast she deletes stuff when we point it out.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #1066
LD50_Junkie
Quote:
False assumption. It can and is being done. A detached shed with entrance from outside in the back and no shared air to the rest of the house, and a SCHEDULE. Yep, it can and is being done, by people that also have jobs and no skilled employees.
...And that's why I spent the time to specify that with just a house it would be next to impossible.

Does Ashely have a shed? Because it looks like, from all the pictures that she posts, all of her animals are crammed together in the same room?

Old 01-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #1067
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD50_Junkie View Post
...And that's why I spent the time to specify that with just a house it would be next to impossible.

Does Ashely have a shed? Because it looks like, from all the pictures that she posts, all of her animals are crammed together in the same room?
This is Ashley, not anyone else. LOL
Yes, they're crammed into one room.

I can see your point about larger boids, like the retics, but none are full grown. 70 full grown Boa Constrictors, Retics, Burms, whatever else she's had would be a problem.

Personally I think she's out of her mind trying to raise 4 retics for breeding on top of the massive collection she already has.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #1068
amercnwmn
Deb something tells me you've been keeping MUCH longer that 2 short years before you acquired a large collection, and you were more selective about your purchases

In any case, I can't keep up, either. I suppose if I didn't have anything better to do, I could come up with a basic timeline of each purchase, but I don't feel it's necessarily vital to do so. Suffice to say we don't have an accurate count of how many snakes are in her collection, how many have died, or how many have been sold.

The fact she requested certain actions be taken by the original seller of the BCL, whom she ADAMANTLY accused of infecting her snakes with IBD, shows that she had enough knowledge to have done the right thing with her OWN collection from the beginning. She didn't.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #1069
LD50_Junkie
Apologies for the two posts that could have been summed up in only one, but I do want to point out that there's a big difference between balls, corns, Lampropeltids, etc and BCs, burms and retics!

Not only size-wise, but health-wise.

It doesn't take much for a burm to get sick with a silly RI. Now, you have an animal with a compromised immune system surrounded, on all sides, with literally dozens upon dozens of other specimens. It takes no great leap of insight to anticipate the exponential increase in the transmission of pathogens. Oh, and did I mention the mere hop, skip and jump from one cage to the next?

So yes, I at least, think that taking care of 70+ snakes is a daunting endeavor for most anyone to undertake--much less a person with children, custody battles, family problems, a "physical disability" and only casual and novice friends that pitch in from time to time.

Now, am I an ass for bringing up her personal life? Maybe. I am definitely an ass for a whole number of other reasons nevertheless.

Then again, she's the one who parades around those problems for all to see. Almost nonchalantly, much less.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #1070
sally-dog
Yep, Garrett, I agree with you there. The large constrictors take a LOT more diligence to care for than what Ashley could ever provide. There are pictures of her taking that (now deceased) Burmese Python into a Petco, of all places for some "impromptu" education. Well, I don't know about where any of you live, but most chain petstores are a disease epicenter. Petco isn't exactly known for selling healthy animals. Aside from that, taking such a large animal into a public setting is could be a PR nightmare, especially if the place isn't insured. I really wish she never had these animals at all!

http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/gia...education.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd