Prehistoricpet - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #11
RoadHouse of Retics
I've bought a lot of Retics off of them over the past few years. Never had any issues with them. Good guys in my opinion.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #12
J&J Reptiles
Bought a platinum male reticulated python from them last year, couldn't be happier with him!

Old 06-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #13
reticguy76
Jay and Tim are good peeps and great breeders/keepers.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
Reptilecam
I live about 15 minutes from there store, They have a nice variety of things and Jay is a good guy.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #15
JoeTaffis
they have a lot of videos posted on YouTube....

Old 06-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #16
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTaffis View Post
they have a lot of videos posted on YouTube....
Yeah and Jay butchers those eggs he cuts.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #17
creepycrawly
I believe I posted about this before, but thought I'd mention it here also.

A number of years ago my husband (then boyfriend) ordered a boa I'd been drooling over on their website for me as a gift. To make a long, frustrating story short, they pulled a bait and switch. We went to Delta to pick up the snake (they talked him into using Delta Dash, though I am not happy with the service) and immediately I knew it was the wrong animal. The next day they told us the one I wanted they couldn't find so it must've already been sold, but they figured I just wanted 'a snake' and would be happier with this one. I wasn't. It took days of phone calls back and forth, and finally we got the snake shipped back. It took forever for us to get the refund. In their attempt to manipulate us into keeping this snake I did not want they admitted to 'using certain photography techniques' that make the animals appear bigger and better than they do in real life - so if I wasn't happy with what they sent, I'd be really unhappy with what I picked out.

Really, if that really was the problem - the snake just wasn't there and had already been sold - all it would've taken was a phone call to see if we wanted a different animal, or a refund. It's as simple as that. You don't just pick out a totally different animal and decide to send it instead, without even notifying the customer, and just waiting until - *SURPRISE* they open the box. They kept the snake I wanted on their website though for at least several months afterwards (that I checked - eventually I stopped checking). If it'd been sold, they should've removed it as soon as they noticed their error, not left the animal on the website for people to attempt to purchase.

It all just left a bad taste in my mouth. It wasn't just a stupid silly error people make. It wasn't a problem that occured to no fault of theirs or mine. It was a bad decision, and a gamble to see if I would just take any animal they threw in the box. Even when the gamble didn't pay off, instead of just sucking it up and apologizing, and accepting it being returned, they tried to convince me to keep it. Then when they accepted that it WAS being returned, they tried to fight us on shipping. Then - as if that wasn't bad enough, it took forever to get the return. We got excuse after excuse after excuse as to why the refund hadn't processed.

I wouldn't buy anything from them again. That was years ago, who knows, maybe they've changed, but I wouldn't do it again.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #18
reticguy76
could you provide a link to that thread you started and did you pursue to rectify it with them ??

I haver never seen jay or tim butcher any eggs (granted, i only watch the retic egg cutting videos, and they are all done well and carefully)

Old 06-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #19
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
could you provide a link to that thread you started and did you pursue to rectify it with them ??
looks like it was from mentioned in this 2004 thread, photos etc, post# 93
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=32641

Old 06-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #20
reticguy76
Thank you kindly, miss April

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!