Going Cross Country To California. Places to stay?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Miscellaneous > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics not appropriate for the Miscellaneous sales, wanteds, or trade forums.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
allreptiles1966
Going Cross Country To California. Places to stay??

Hi everyone.
I've decide I'm going to California " on a big jet plane". Lol. AGAIN.
This time as a mature adult.

First time,I was only 16 and I hitched hiked all the way. It was a five day journey. This took place in Nov. if I remember right.home by Christmas.

Second time,I was a bit older and a lot smarter,sitting at 17 and it was mid spring. This was the best. I hitched hiked with a carny girl from NYC to San Louis Obispo.that lasted one week,the girl got into crystal meth. That's was it for me. I left.Back home to Ny.

Third time.
This time I took a girl with me and we drove in a newer pickup. I think it was a Mitsubishi B 1000 ? Not sure. We were all of maybe 19. Her,just out of high school. On that trip,with several stops, Like the meteor hole in NM. AR.? Give me a break,it was a very long time ago. The end of the Grand Canyon.
We arrived in San Louis Obispo. Where after several weeks of myself working and this girl just tagging,not making her way. Got mixed up with a couple crank heads,and that's was it for me. I bailed. It was her truck,so she had a way home.
I got myself a Honda Hurricane 500 I believe. Bought camping gear and packed it on. This was the best time if my life. I road the PCH and stopped every where's. All types of campgrounds. It took me 3 months to go from San Diego to Petaluma. What beauty. My eyes will never forget the sites. Especially the signs that say "beware,great white sharks" or something to that affect.
I stayed almost two years that time.

Now I'm doing it again. It's going to be me,my pit named Blue and my 06 Goat. My wife has no clue yet. I'm sure she will be glad to get some alone time.
I hope. But either way,I'm going. My last two kids just flew the coupe again. But this time they bought,so they won't be home anytime soon.
So I'm off.

Anyone have any campground info between Ny and California. I will be going the northern rts. I've taken the south one all three times. I 10 I believe. This time it's full summer and I'm making sure I stop in CO. for at least a couple days. .
I think it's I 40. I will be bringing my iPad with me and will post and send pics when I can. I'm thinking ,maybe ten days. I'm older now and my Goat is not a great long time ride. I'm good for about 10. Plus there's got to be something to see along the way.

Rich

Old 07-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
allreptiles1966
At the moment,health is making me cancell. FOR NOW. Hopefully I get a reprieve and can go in the fall. Just something I want to do again before I can't.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
Hope you feel better soon. If you make it out to CA make sure to bring some rain with you, we really need it.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
Shadera
Colorado? Pssh. They've got nothing on Montana as far as beauty goes.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm starting to get the wander-itch myself. We're considering buying a camper and doing some travel if I can find someone to tend the farm. I've seen the country, but Shawn hasn't and he might have a forced retirement soon.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
allreptiles1966
April,if I could I surely would!! If not just for you. your too cool.
Thank you too. I'm not sure the rt I'll take. I'm tired.

Shadera. not for the views. And I agree with you,Montana surely looks the prettiest over all. It will be to smoke pot legally. It's going to be 18 more months before I can get from NYS legally. That's when it goes into law. And I want to make sure I do it once legally.
They say it will take nine months to grow. Lol. If they get some clones from say Ca or Co it would be a lot quicker. 18 months is too long. They should let us med people use now . But our Governor won't let us have it in plant matter. Oils. That's going to cost a good $

I might go see a friend in Mo. It's a bit closer. But what is between here and there? Ohio?? Lmao. Sorry to you who live there. No disrespect to yous.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!