Info Reptiles Express - interesting situation - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #31
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzz View Post
. But just hold off

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for a few good men to do nothing "

Proof talks, BS walks.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #32
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbloodedcages View Post
Suncoast go to the good guy thread about RE the "SNAKE WAIVER" has been posted there for some time. It does have the words "NON VENOMOUS SNAKE" a few times.
Brendan

If you can point to the thread I would like to see it. A search on threads with the word "Waiver" in the title does not bring it up.

If it actually states what you said I will be the first to apologize for my suspicions

Old 08-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #33
debbieprice
I can tell you I am in contact daily with the UPS preferred Customer Service People
If Bradley Cooks Signature was fake I believe we never would have gotten this program off the ground. I do not know whom would have called Mr Hyman as we are the UPS Customers
and they did take his delivery after they made a few calls. I will again say this is one HUB and I have had no problems at any other HUB I am the customer Service for ReptilesExpress and I talk to Managers from UPS daily. The customer service at Earth City was unacceptable and I have reported the young lady already to the owners of our company and to

Old 08-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #34
brianm616
lucille, i think you're being a tad reactionary.

how about we wait until tomorrow when the usual contact person over at UPS has a chance to talk to the owners at RE about this situation?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #35
Suncoast Herpetological
Brendan

I found the thread that you mentioned and ran through (albeit quickly) page by page. I did not see a copy of the waiver posted

How bout posting a copy here?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #36
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieprice View Post
If Bradley Cooks Signature was fake I believe we never would have gotten this program off the ground.
So you are saying your proof is entirely circumstantial, and you do not in fact know that the signature is genuine.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #37
debbieprice
UPS Management. Sorry I hit the wrong button and was cut off.Yhe waiver does mention NON VENOMOUS SNAKES

Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #38
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieprice View Post
UPS Management. Sorry I hit the wrong button and was cut off.Yhe waiver does mention NON VENOMOUS SNAKES
Post the waiver. So far, there's just been smoke and mirrors. Post proofs.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #39
brd7666
I think it would be awesome if the waiver could be posted here. Also, I would think if someone was forging documents like that, and passing them out to their customers, UPS would be able to take legal action against them.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #40
coldbloodedcages
Lucille this is given to everyone that is a approved member of RE. Its has already been posted on Fauna. I can find the org post on the thread. Maybe a moderator can help with that. Here it is again:

ReptilesExpress.com
RE: Acceptance of Live Non-Venomous Snakes from ReptilesExpress.com and its Customers
Dear Reptiles Express, LLC
We have reviewed your request for UPS to reconsider our policy prohibiting acceptance of any kind of
snake (venomous or non-venomous) for transportation. Upon completion of our review it seems
appropriate that UPS can transport non-venomous snakes, provide specific restrictions and conditions
are met.
Restrictions: First and foremost, UPS will only accept non-venomous snakes. Venomous snakes must not
be offered for transportation at any time. Second, any snake listed on the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
website as a “Threatened or Endangered Species” is prohibited by UPS and must not be offered for
transportation. Finally, live non-venomous snakes must be offered for transportation via UPS Next Day
Air Service only. Unless Saturday Delivery is specifically requested, live non-venomous snakes may only
be shipped Monday thru Thursday.
Conditions: You must comply with some basic principles of humane care and safety in preparing and
packaging live non-venomous snakes for shipment. UPS is not liable for perishable items including live
snakes and does not provide temperature-controlled distribution. Packaging must be designed to
provide a primary and secondary means of containment. Each snake must be placed in a fabric or
burlap type bag of sufficient material strength to ensure the snake cannot tear or otherwise
compromise the integrity of the bag. The bag must be sealed or closed in such a fashion as to prevent
the bag from opening during transport. Each bag (or multiple bags) must be placed in a box constructed
of double wall corrugated of sufficient strength and size to accommodate the size and weight of the
snake(s) being shipped. It is recommended that an expanded polystyrene (EPS) box be placed inside the
corrugated box to provide additional protection from sudden environmental changes to which the
package may be exposed during handling and transport. If an EPS box is used the external corrugated
package may be constructed of single wall corrugated.
It is the responsibility of the shipper to identify any additional requirements necessary to provide basic
humane conditions for the non-venomous snake during transportation, such as air ventilation and a
source of moisture. Also it is suggested that the packaging used or developed to transport nonvenomous
snakes be submitted to an International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) certified testing lab
for pre-shipment testing prior to being offered to UPS for transportation.
Due to the nature of these shipments UPS is depending on the integrity of the shipper to comply with
the restrictions and conditions stated herein. If at any time UPS determines in its sole discretion that
the terms of this letter are not being met, the shipper will immediately notify to cease all shipments of
snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!