Bad Guy Mike Matson of Mike's Phat Frog is a scammer !! - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:37 PM   #101
Pasodama
Mike, absolutely, should not send the frogs back, if he is aware that they will not be accepted, but I know that, if they were/are sent, I could not live with myself, without doing something, knowing they were/are sitting at my local FedEx hub.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:38 PM   #102
312Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
You owe him money, not frogs.

I think Bobby Douglas hit the on the head.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #103
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dragoons View Post
So because mike backed out Rick should have to go to a local store fork out even more money to care for frogs he already babied on being sold... Makes do much sense... You know since Mike's problems are some good ricks Responsibility's
From what I saw, Mike did not back out.
Mike stated that, if payment could not wait a little longer, then he would send the frogs back.
This, eventually, turned into Mike stating that he will send the frogs back because Rick wants his money, immediately, without a further time extension given. If Mike has no money, I can see where he would think this is the only other option.

Now, it seems to have turned into a game of wills rather than trying to work things out.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:47 PM   #104
ajmreptiles
I'm not choosing sides here, but this whole ordeal could've been avoided by shipping after payment was received. Life throws unforeseeable bumps in the road sometimes. you could've just agreed to hold them until he paid you, and if he backed out you could've just sold them to someone else

Old 07-12-2015, 02:04 PM   #105
312Herps
Nothing is stopping Mike from correcting this issue and sending the $400 he was going to replace for the frogs as an initial payment as well as a clearly stated plan as to when the rest of the unpaid balance will follow except for Mike not sending it. I know it's easy to say "just wait yet a longer time " or " Just take back the frogs " , but you're not out $2,250 and I'd like to see those of you who state to not have a bias when you clearly do enough to the point you want to make a new profile just to get in on this thread be as patient as I have been over $2,250. I like to give people the benefit of a doubt and he seemed like a straight up guy , but lesson learned I guess.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #106
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 312Herps View Post
Nothing is stopping Mike from correcting this issue and sending the $400 he was going to replace for the frogs as an initial payment as well as a clearly stated plan as to when the rest of the unpaid balance will follow except for Mike not sending it.
Correct thinking here.
Working something out with a set plan.
If Mike should fail to come through, on a reasonable plan (set at this time) that he knows he can follow through on, I would, then, say he cannot be trusted, etc.

Quote:
and I'd like to see those of you who state to not have a bias when you clearly do enough to the point you want to make a new profile just to get in on this thread
Who are you directing this to?

----

Old 07-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #107
Pasodama
Mike, since it appears that Rick is willing to give a bit more time, are you willing to work something out, re. payment, instead of remaining steadfast on sending the frogs back?

Old 07-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #108
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurreckon View Post
...Rick comes off looking much worse in my eyes after seeing how both parties have conducted themselves here.
As much as I would have loved to see this blow up in the OP's face--believe me, it would have made a crummy day a little brighter--I'm just not seeing any of this making him look bad. It was made abundantly clear that he wouldn't accept the frogs back. He's owed the total sum of money that they'd agreed upon. No more, no less. It really makes no difference why he doesn't want the frogs back. If, having been made clearly aware of this, the buyer still chooses to return them, he's solely responsible for their impending demise.

We all have our limits, regarding just how much BS we're willing to put up with. After several failures to follow through, it would seem that Rick finally reached his. As much as I don't like saying it, I think Rick's good on this one.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #109
snakesareawesome
This thread is a good example of why I never buy anything on terms. Too much risk that something will come up and then an otherwise beneficial relationship becomes something like this.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:07 PM   #110
jrsexotics
Quote:
I'm not going to put my multi thousand dollar gecko colony at risk by accepting high probability infected frogs which were healthy when I sent them out ( AS STATED BY MIKE )and weren't said to have any type of infection until 3 weeks AFTER their arrival which I no longer have enclosures for because he just decided to back out of a deal.
Deb , that was a cheap shot you took at me with the first statement you decide to make , but unfortunately the care for the safety and well being of my animals at home is precisely why I won't take those frogs back. You definitely seem to have a bias, but please don't let that skew you your perception of what's really going on here. I'm obviously not the only one who sees it this way, but thanks for your input.

Rick those animals came in with a bacteria issue. I helped you treat them via Facebook messages and phone calls. I believe an earlier post shows that. The 4 that died had a bacteria infection that came from your place.

These frogs are being shipped to the address I have here on file. The 4 frogs that died will be replaced with frogs of equal or greater value.

I am done here dealing with you. It is not needed. Simply accept them back and resell them. They are bigger than when I first got them.

You wanted to be a jerk and freaked out on me. You bit the hand that was going to pay you. I will not be sending you any money period.

If you would like to take me to court on this please do so. I am in San bernardino county in Southern California. That will help you file correctly.

You will be receiving the frogs back. You know they are arriving on Tuesday. It is all up to you if you refuse to accept them. You can make time to accept those animals.

Also, as far as your geckos go. The bacteria that these frogs arrived with is already in your house.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
mike matson, pacman, pacman frogs