SULCATA TORTOISE - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #21
Lucas339
congrats!! i saw them there....it was tempting!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #22
Twizted Paths
S/he's adorable!

Please keep updating with pictures and what you're doing with set ups.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:42 AM   #23
Tiger Lilly
A couple more pics

The first is the 'official' measuring. The second is the "What are you lookin' at?" pose...

Old 07-03-2009, 02:15 AM   #24
Twizted Paths
S/he's a cutie! If I give it back in five minutes,can I steal the picture?

Old 08-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #25
Tiger Lilly
Talking Updated photos of PAT

At 3 wks, Pat was 2 1/8 inches long and weighed in at 40 grams.

Now, at about 2 months, Pat weighs in at 50 grams & has grown to almost 2 1/8 inches long!

Who knew a tort could be such an awesome pet?!

Old 08-30-2009, 01:37 AM   #26
Tanker
I have two Sulcattas that are still kept indoors since they are small, I also have a desert tortoise, my desert tortoise has a large outdoor pen area fenced off with black rod iron ornamental fencing, we hammered in metal stakes every couple inches around the perimater of his pen to keep him from digging under his pen. When the Sulcatta baby's are bigger we will build a very large pen for them using cinder blocks and hammer re-barb in around the perimater every couple inches several feet down to prevent them from digging out. I think that would be a lot less exspensive than burying blocks or pouring cement.
I sure do love my tortoises though, they are very cool pets.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #27
Tanker
Oh, by the way Pat is very cute! One of mine has extra scutes too, but it makes it easy to figure out who's who.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:49 PM   #28
Tiger Lilly
Thanks. I'm looking forward to building Pat's outside pen. I've figured out what I want, now I just need to figure out where to put it...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
florida, sulcata tortoise