Am i too soft? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #21
DragonsNDoodles
That beardie is absolutely adorable!

I'd say that having no tail makes him/her unique. Of course, he/she is pet quality, but all the sweetest babies are

I would only recommend culling babies that have poor quality of life. Breeders don't cull babies with nips, and this is basically like a nip right out of the egg.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #22
HeatherN
in not even sure if s/he would be able to breed, seeing as theres limited space around its vent, not that i think you would bred it, just saying!

Old 09-02-2011, 05:36 AM   #23
sagespyder@yahoo.com
lol, i will acre for it either way. i really just want it to have a full life really. when i hatched it the only probs i saw it had were, flipping over, it doesn't have a tail after all and could take more than a min to flip over from it's back to it's stomach and when it drank from me misting it it didn't seem to have motor skills. however now that it is a tiny bit older if it flops on it's back it can flip over very easily and and has no problems with it's motor skills when i mist it. i was very worried about that part int he first place but i have treated it no differently that i would have any differently from any other dragon i have hatched i think it it doing well. i would be confident enough to record it chasing and catching the dubias and crix that i feed it.

as for breeding it.. yes there "might" be a market for stubbed tailed lizards but i will not participate in it. yes it is very cute as a baby, but who can say as an adult? some lizards are damaged at such a young age as they would be stunted in a same way but this one might carries genes to make it so it's offspring would develop in the same way. some people would like it while other will not. that is the prospect i think about. young yes, old, no. lol, some like it young but not old. if it is a male he cannot reproduce. if it is a female then it is at my choice. will i muddy the waters that allow use the hypo, trans, leathers, smoothies, and silks? or will it open a new door way to them?

some how i don't think that i should be the one to open that door.

this dragon being so young is not hand shy.., in fact it loves to crawl up as though there is nothing to worry about. if the pics can tell then you would know it is very active and can't stay still for very long. i will keep this thread up dated as it grows and when i finally find out it's sex and come to the final name i will let you know.

stubbs is rather neutral after al. it does seem to "hop" about fairly well more so after small crix. a healthy eater, there is no doubt this little one is! :P i have been watching star wars too much.

thank you very much for your care and concern and i would love to keep you posted!

Old 09-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #24
reps_89
caring for bearded dragons

Hey, maybe this will help. I've found a free bearded dragon book. You can download it from here: http://www.beardeddragonbook.com It's free with over 100 pages

Old 10-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #25
chadharper
If you ever want to adopt him out as a pet I would be interested in picking him up. I'm about an hour south of you, in Jacksonville so I would drive up there and get him.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:59 AM   #26
sagespyder@yahoo.com
LOL, I am good. Stubbs/Frogger is doing well and eating great. From the vent I still can't tell male from female but either way it doesn't matter to me. He is my left hand dragon, seeing as his tank is to the left of my laptop in the living room, and we are happy to have him there. Over time I will be posting pics of him as he grows up. I just moved him into a 20 gal long last month and he seems to deal with the cats sitting on his tank better than i do. :P At least if any of the cats are there it doesn't put him off his food nor does he look for somewhere to hide. He just sits there and watch them.

I will be posting new pics of him come Halloween and decide what to call him then.. Still haven't decided since he does jump around like a frog sometimes and stubbs is kind of general. however frogger is gender neutral.. which he might be :P bad joke but true none the less.

thanks for taking the time to check in with him and i am glad to know that if I decide to find him a home outside of my home there are people willing to take him in.

take care and have a goodnight/morning!

Old 10-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #27
scorpioartist
s/he is a cutie!!

Old 10-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #28
Ed Clark
A breeder's responsibility is to cull inferior hatchlings. as cruel and heartless as it sounds its what we as breeders must do.

But ultimately the decision is yours.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #29
john.r1
have you any new pics yet ? how is the dragon

Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #30
deborahbroadus
Let's just say that I would never buy a dragon from anyone that couldn't cull inferior animals. No telling what else is in the genes, and this is why people cull, so that customers can reasonably expect to buy with confidence.

Accidents happen, but as in nature, it's up to us to keep from letting inferior stock out of the racks and customer hands...and I have this stance in part, because I have read enough stories from breeders bemoaning the fact that "They only turned their back for a minute," or "I only put him in the tub for a minute to clean and he didn't waste time!" LOL @ the last one.

As Ed said, it's your decision. However, you did state you were interested in opinions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!