Bad Guy Brandon Griffey - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #131
Amelanistic Orca
Now that's posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Thank you, Capt. Obvious, for pointing that the snake is dead. I'm fairly sure we've all managed to crack that part of the code, by now. As a hobbyist, you're definitely not speaking for me, in regards to any sense of being unsure about trades in the future. Especially when concerning the actual principals in this situation.

I have this nagging bad habit of wanting to examine things objectively and rationally before coming to a conclusion. And, having read this entire thread, and spent alot of time on Google, this is the conclusion I've reached: I'd gladly buy from a seller, like Xavier, who's conducted himself professionally and has been shown to have done nothing wrong in this situation. Nothing that I can see, at least.

The buyers are another case entirely. They've shown piss-poor judgement and husbandry practices. While trying to hide behind the "everyone does it" mentality. It appears that we'll never know exactly what happened, but based on analysis of the context clues made available here, it's not very hard to come to a very likely hypothesis that puts them in the position of being culpable.

This whole thread is a prime example of why little, if anything, is generally offered beyond a live arrival guarantee. A seller shouldn't be responsible for a buyer's negligent practices.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #132
Kevin S
negligent practices ? By breeding it? i do believe this is still the breeding season and Im sure thats what the buyers idea was to breed it, infact Xavier asked how many females had it breed?
piss-poor judgement and husbandry practices? how? Ive got no dog in this its just too bad there is never full disclosure, and this trade crys out to potential hobbyiest with the intention of trading to ask these questions instead of asuming that you are going to receive one thing and get something else. Thanks again Dan the man for your insite...

Old 05-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #133
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
piss-poor judgement and husbandry practices? how?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Proper+Ball+Python+husbandry

Imo the "its breeding season" argument merely demonstrates the lazy minded mentality that plagues our hobby. Breeding season doesn't jump out and surprise people. It usually come around about the same time each year, yes? So from where I sit, it's really a small matter to plan ahead, if you're wanting to use a trade situation, and make sure the animal is shipped out early enough to at least allow time to acclimate. Obviously(at least to those not confused by basic husbandry) a quarantine period would be even better, and also not too terribly hard to plan for. But I tend to favor logic and responsibility, so this will not be well received by some.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #134
Kevin S
Thank you for pointing that out, i was just merely suggesting why Brandon may have breed xaviers male...

Old 05-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #136
Discojaguar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post

Thank you for adding what is a very good example of a completely ..irrelivent post. The process in question was NOT the deal, and both parties seemed happy with that. ( the snake was live, on time, what was expected, and the snake was paid for on time) THAT is what Xavier is mentioning.

what IS in question (which I feel like i'm just beating my head against a wall here) is the buyers practices AFTER receiving the snake, and their attitude and refusal to take responsibility for that.

---

I'm new to keeping BP's but I feel like some of this stuff is common sense to any one who does a little research. I would think that serious breeders would be thinking about their breeding projects well before the breeding season? and wouldn't be looking for males/females to couple in the middle of it. (You don't do that with any other type of breeding program). If for some reason that's different in herps, I would like to be enlightened but I'm surprised how many people are siding with the buyer on just throwing the male in with ANY amount of females.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #137
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discojaguar View Post
Thank you for adding what is a very good example of a completely ..irrelivent post.
I'll second that.

Quote:
I feel like i'm just beating my head against a wall here.
You're not the only one.

Quote:
I feel like some of this stuff is common sense to any one who does a little research.
It is. What you have here is a small group of people arguing for arguments sake. The idea of the seller compensating the buyer would be good if it were normal circumstances. But the actions of the buyer completely negate any reasonable expectation of that.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #138
Snakemanbonk
First of all Xavier didn't care about me quarantine the snake in the first place. So I wrong for trusting Xavier's snake was a good breeder and healthy enough to breed? If i'm so wrong then why he would suggest me to breed it? And ask me if I have got a lock up yet 3 days later. He was not so concern with me quarantine process for the snake. I didn't put the snake with a female right out of the box like some of you all keep saying. it's obvious that he has poor husband practices too if he didn't suggest quarantine first before breeding. At this point it's about the principle, if the shoe was on the other foot I would sent the snake back with no problems. There are more test to be done on the snake.. You all have a good night.. Good Guy Signing off :-)

Old 05-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #139
Snakemanbonk
Sorry for the typos my phone kept cutting off and changing words

Old 05-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #140
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakemanbonk View Post
First of all Xavier didn't care about me quarantine the snake in the first place. So I wrong for trusting Xavier's snake was a good breeder and healthy enough to breed? If i'm so wrong then why he would suggest me to breed it? And ask me if I have got a lock up yet 3 days later. He was not so concern with me quarantine process for the snake. I didn't put the snake with a female right out of the box like some of you all keep saying. it's obvious that he has poor husband practices too if he didn't suggest quarantine first before breeding. At this point it's about the principle, if the shoe was on the other foot I would sent the snake back with no problems. There are more test to be done on the snake.. You all have a good night.. Good Guy Signing off :-)
The point of participating in BOI threads as a primary party is to bolster support for your position. Pointing out his poor husbandry to justify your own isn't going to do that. It's going to confirm what everyone has been saying in that you guys have no regard for these animals beyond dollar signs, and now you are paying for that practice. There's only so many ways all these people can explain the same simple concept to you guys. You screwed up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!