Bad Guy pendragon_j Jonathan Hammond - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
JHMills
pendragon_j Jonathan Hammond

I purchased a group of ball pythons from Jonathan Hammond. When they arrived all had mites, and the male had a chewn off tail, scale issues (that appear to be bite marks), and a kink. He admitted to knowing about the tail and said a rat had gotten him when he was younger. I had no knowledge of this before purchasing. He also stated that this male is a proven breeder. What type of breeder breeds animals with deformities? He is not willing to do a partial refund on the male as "I bought them as a group and I can send them back as a group". His only offer is a refund on the group for purchase price alone, and I must pay for shipping back to him. He claims that I must pay shipping this time since he agreed to pay shipping to me. Had I known of the issues these snakes have, I would not have purchased in the first place.

Shady seller...beware!

Old 02-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
pendragon_j
What Jennifer is not saying is that I spoke to them the day of shipment and they said all was fine and they looked good except for the tail issue. It didn't seem like they had a big problem with it at that time. Over a week later a got a pm about a kink with a pic that didn't look like a kink to me. I posted it online and asked a few people, including a vet, and they all said it looking like swelling above the vent and was normal. I asked for more pics and got a video, which I also showed. The consensus was the same. Even after all this I said I would refund their purchase price but I wanted the entire group back. I sold a breeder pied and a lovely breeder sized pied female and 2 het for pieds for 2500. There was no way I would break up the group at that kind of price. Once I told them this, that is when they suddenly had mites. No mention of mites until then. She is hoping I would take 1000 for the pied female and give them 1500 back, I told them no. I would either take the whole group or none. They asked if I would pay for a vet and I told them no, I already offered a refund. They asked for me to pay the purchase amount and shipping both ways, I told them no ( I had already paid for shipping to them) Then they showed me a post where they gave none of this information and asked again, I told them no but I still offered to take the group back and refund their money. After all this they put up this post on the BOI. Now, I don't know if they have already bred the pieds and now don't need the male. I don't know if it is buyers remorse. I do know that I will not separate the group so they can cherry pick the best and give me what they don't want. I feel I have been more than reasonable to this point.
Beware this buyer!!!!
and consider my offer for a refund off.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
Skanakis
I would be happy with what Jonathon has offered. Even more impressed that he ate the shipping to send to a buyer but of course that be added into the buying price. Who knows. With a significant amount like that he is STILL offering full refund or FULL return of the group. If they have mites and not acceptable. Pay the shipping back to get your 2500 back. I think its a fair return sick or not sick. WE cant get away from shipping costs. But what Jonathon is offering is fair. Now as far as animals with mites and kinks...provide proof. Pics or whatever.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
RobNJ
Pics of the male pied with alleged kink would be appropriate here.

Any bite marks and scars should be fully disclosed before sale. Animals with mites should not be sent out, but a refund was offered...though return shipping should be on the seller, that's the least that one could do for sending animals with mites, bite marks, and a possible kink. If the buyer doesn't want to return the animals, at least step up to the plate and send them a can of PAM.

Jennifer, a refund was offered, I think the wise move would be to accept it and take the loss on shipping. That's not how it should be, but it would probably be to your benefit at this point. If part of your motivation is getting the female pied at a fraction of the cost of what one would be, then that's just being greedy...you'd pretty much be saying you're willing to take mites in with your snakes if the price is right.

E-mails would be helpful as well, but this looks poorly played on both sides as of now.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:38 AM   #5
pendragon_j
Here is the first pic they sent of the "kink" as I said. I didn't think it looked like a kink but went ahead and asked a few people including a vet. Even though the answer I got back was it's not a kink, I still offered a refund.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #6
RobNJ
I'd agree that it doesn't look like a kink, but it could just be the camera angle.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:45 AM   #7
pendragon_j
That was the pic they sent me to make my decision on a return. I still said yes. They also looked at the animals and gave the ok the day they shipped. Suddenly, over a week later they had mites. Mites can be gotten off food or bedding, how do I know there is a problem on my end now? I still have not seen proof of mites either. But I wasn't arguing the point since I already offered a refund.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:51 AM   #8
pendragon_j
Here is a quote from the pm that was sent to me when she first told me of the problems she was having. Notice there is no mention of mites even though she has taken a "Good look" male. Also the marks don't sound like much of a problem if shes believes they will come out in a "shed or two.

Originally Posted by JHMills
Hey,
The b/f informed me that the pied male had a nub tail when he arrived. I glanced at him when I got home Friday and saw it and all the "bite marks/scale rot"? I figured that would come out with a shed or two; however after leaving him alone for a week, I went ahead and really looked him over. He has a kink on his tail as well... directly above his vent. Its very noticeable when he is laying straight. Do you know anything about this?
Jennifer"

Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #9
ShadowAceD
How about you guys post all PMs and e-mails instead of it being he said/she said?

Old 02-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #10
Matt2979
In the pic shown, I don't see a kink, either. Jennifer, do you have some e-mails and pics to share? So far, I don't see how the seller has been unreasonable by offering a full refund.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!