Snake Getters site needs a new home - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-31-2004, 07:13 PM   #11
snakegetters
Yep, as soon as I get back from my Georgia trip I'll have to see about putting up a nice banner to thank our new hosts. I hope the DNS move starts actually working; it wasn't last I checked.

Old 09-08-2004, 10:35 PM   #12
snakegetters
Well, I'm living in a disaster area at the moment so the banner making will have to wait a bit. I did notice someone asking for me by name on the k.com venomous forum so I posted a goodbye message. I'll duplicate it here because I expect they'll delete it over there.

I wasn't going to post again there at all, but someone was asking for me by name and I figured I might as well explain why I wasn't going to be answering any more questions in that forum.

I do have some suggestions for you on how to run some diagnostics that might help pinpoint what is wrong with your animal, but you will need to find a way to contact me in the future other than this site. My account was suspended because I spoke out a bit too freely against venomoid butchery, and I will no longer be participating here since these views are not welcome. I do not believe that I violated TOS by stating that venomoid "surgery" without anesthesia is illegal and inhumane butchery. Veterinary ethics and legal standards of animal cruelty are quite clear cut on this matter. But kingsnake.com disagrees, so I am participating in other venomous reptile forums these days.

I have become increasingly uncomfortable with what I believe is basically a pro-venomoid stance, and I no longer wish to be associated with any company that promotes the sale of venomoids. I ask that responsible keepers join me in requesting that the sites you participate on please stop supporting the illegal and inhumane creation and sale of "home hack job" venomoids.

The symptoms you are describing are potentially very serious and do need to be addressed. As always, the best course of action when seeking veterinary advice is to go directly to a veterinarian. You will find some suggestions on how to help make a veterinarian more comfortable with seeing your animals on my website.

Thanks, and it's been nice hanging out with the good folks here. I hope to see you again on forums that choose to uphold responsible and humane standards of venomous reptile herpetoculture.

Regards,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!