Bolivian/Surinam/Amazon tree boa Super cheap!! in NJ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Boas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
2006r1
Bolivian/Surinam/Amazon tree boa Super cheap!! in NJ

Ok, Im in the military and im deployed to Iraq. My roomate was watching my 3 snakes while ive been away, but he is deploying this month. I have no one to care for them. If someone lives near me and could help me out It would be great. The Amazon tree boa Ive had for a year and a half, never refuses a meal. The bolivian is a baby very pretty and the surinam has a beautiful deep red tail, I paid 275 at the Hamburg Pa show for the surinam and 175 for the bolivian. Ill let all three go for 200 bucks. Thats a 500 dollar value for 200 bucks!!! Im in browns mills NJ 08015 zip code. for pics email me motorcycleguyr123@yahoo.com Ill send u some. I dont know how to post pics here. I tried but i dont think it will work?? Im also interested in possible trades, If for a single snake or anything else i might be interested in, maybe cages or supplies or something of that nature.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
crotalusadamanteus
Let me get this right. Yer giving them up due to deployment. Yet, you're willing to trade for a single snake? Hmmm. So, Um.....Uh, what's wrong with keeping one of the ones you already have if you are able to have a single snake?

Perhaps I'm missing something here.
Rick

Old 01-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
Wilomn
Who did you get the bolivian from?

Old 01-07-2007, 12:57 AM   #4
2006r1
First of all dude, Who do u think u are to come on here and make a smart ass comment on my thread. I dont need to explain anything to u or anyone else. I posted up what I posted, take it or leave it. Ur in texas so WTF do u care anyways? Yes im in Iraq right now and my roomate is getting deployed on the 16th. I have a friend who is willing to watch one snake for me but he really rather wouldnt. This is my logic behind saying i would trade for one snake. Because one is better than 3. Either way im in a better situation than i am now. If i was going to keep just one i would have kept the Bolivian, But at the same time I thought due to its size it would be the most desirable of the 3 to the people on this sight. But I really appreciate u coming on here and making it look like Im shady or something is amis to hurt my chances of someone helping a servicemember out who is in a tight spot because he is serving his country in IRAQ. Way to go bud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
Let me get this right. Yer giving them up due to deployment. Yet, you're willing to trade for a single snake? Hmmm. So, Um.....Uh, what's wrong with keeping one of the ones you already have if you are able to have a single snake?

Perhaps I'm missing something here.
Rick
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-07-2007, 01:03 AM   #5
2006r1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Who did you get the bolivian from?
I got he Bolivian from a guy at the Hamburg PA show. Northern Berks Reptile Expo. I got it about 4 and a half months ago. I dont remember the name of the vendor, The show was prettymuch overby the time i got there, so everyone was tearing down and leaving. No signs or anything really up. I was going there for a couple nice boas for personal pets, so i went in and found a couple boa breeders and picked the nicest 2 I could find left at the place. I do remember he was an older gentleman with a beard, if that helps at all.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-07-2007, 01:09 AM   #6
Art Klass
Quote:
First of all dude, Who do u think u are to come on here and make a smart ass comment on my thread. I dont need to explain anything to u or anyone else. I posted up what I posted, take it or leave it. Ur in texas so WTF do u care anyways? Yes im in Iraq right now and my roomate is getting deployed on the 16th. I have a friend who is willing to watch one snake for me but he really rather wouldnt. This is my logic behind saying i would trade for one snake. Because one is better than 3. Either way im in a better situation than i am now. If i was going to keep just one i would have kept the Bolivian, But at the same time I thought due to its size it would be the most desirable of the 3 to the people on this sight. But I really appreciate u coming on here and making it look like Im shady or something is amis to hurt my chances of someone helping a servicemember out who is in a tight spot because he is serving his country in IRAQ. Way to go bud.
You might want to calm down a little. Too many times people are up to no good and to be quite honest your post raises a small flag. You only have four posts and you contradict yourself in your first post in this thread.

With all respect to your deployment, maybe this is not the best time to own a reptile, especially since your friend doesn't really want to care for it. It's all about the herps... dude.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:12 AM   #7
Scott Ashton
First and foremost thank you for your service to our country.

Rick is a good guy and I really don't think he was questioning your integrity as much as he was confused by your post. I was a bit ubtil you explained your reasoning.

You've got to remember that for every one good guy in this hobby there are 2 scammers.

More importantly - I am not far from Browns Mills and if you don't want to sell the animals I could put them up for you. I'm not a Boa person - but I have plenty of folks to advise me on keeping them well.

I make this offer because you are in the military and serving our country and it is made with no strings attached.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:25 AM   #8
2006r1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Klass
You might want to calm down a little. Too many times people are up to no good and to be quite honest your post raises a small flag. You only have four posts and you contradict yourself in your first post in this thread.

With all respect to your deployment, maybe this is not the best time to own a reptile, especially since your friend doesn't really want to care for it. It's all about the herps... dude.
Preech it to the newbees. Ive been keeping reptiles since I was In the 4th grade. Granted My first 2 lizards were a learning experience. A pair of American Anoles. When I couldent understand why they stoped eating and eventually met their end I was devestated. My mother got me a book from the library after we burried them (Lizzy and Izzy), which covered the basics of herp keeping. From then I made damn sure my homework was done and Never to make that mistake again. I understand where the feelings come from though, u dont know me or my practices and it is all too often the animals suffer because of someones irresponsibility. Ive taken many herps over the years from people that didnt know what they were doing and the condition of some of the animals is mind blowing. I remember I barely slept for almost 2 weeks when I got my First GTP untill I got him to eat. I Know its all about the animals. Now just because Im in the military Im not going to give up my love of reptiles. Ive always had them around me and always will. I did make a decision to get a couple pets right after I got back off of a six month deployment to Kuwait, I wasnt sopose to deploy again for at least a year, But like I said... Im in the military. Im an explosive detection dog handler in the Air Force, and when im needed im needed. A last minuet deployment to Iraq Came down from the army and I had to go. I thuroughly schooled my roomate on how to care for the snakes before I took off and his deployment was unexpected as well. Sometimes stuff happens. What if u die in a car wreck tomorrow? Wont ur Herps suffer? What if, What if , What if.... we can play that game all day long. But dont treat me like im some newbee that doesnt know what im doing. Yes Im new to this site but not new to the herp community. I just wanted to keep the post simple and as short as possible while getting the point across. I could have wrote the whole story but that would have been longer than this rediculous post, and who the hell wants to read that?? Look people.. here is the deal. I dont need to be berated about "maybe its not the best time in my life to own a pet lectures" or If u are really conserned about why i would trade for 1 snake send me an email and ask. Then if u felt it nececary make a post of ur own explaining it for everyone. Take it or leave it. Like Someone once said.. Its all about the Herps. Thats why I came to this site to get someone Knowedgable to hand over my animals to. I didnt want it to come to dumping them on the petstore in Camden where they would most likely not live the best lives they could have.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-07-2007, 06:36 AM   #9
2006r1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ashton
First and foremost thank you for your service to our country.

Rick is a good guy and I really don't think he was questioning your integrity as much as he was confused by your post. I was a bit ubtil you explained your reasoning.

You've got to remember that for every one good guy in this hobby there are 2 scammers.

More importantly - I am not far from Browns Mills and if you don't want to sell the animals I could put them up for you. I'm not a Boa person - but I have plenty of folks to advise me on keeping them well.

I make this offer because you are in the military and serving our country and it is made with no strings attached.
U are correct, Rick probably is a good guy and he probably is just as passionate about herps as the rest of us. And I do agree there are too many cases of uneducated animal owners in the world. But the way it came off to me was damaging to my attempts to get my guys into some good hands in a short ammount of time. That I will not accept.

I have 3 months left here Before i come home. I already had some one email me and he wants to take them, Ide rather not give them up if i didnt have to but I did tell him he could take them if he wanted. Im not going to go back on that, But if he doesnt come through, or if my roomate cant come up with a good time for them to meet and do the exchange then I would Greatly appreciate ur offer. I have some stock of frozen rats in my fridge for food u could take, and Ide even throw a hundred bucks ur way for your troubles. Let me see if this other thing is gonna work out or not. Im just waitin to hear back from him.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-07-2007, 06:56 AM   #10
kmurphy
Quote:
But the way it came off to me was damaging to my attempts to get my guys into some good hands in a short ammount of time. That I will not accept.
Actually, your attitude did far more damage than Rick's question. Deployment or not you've got a chip on your shoulder bub.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread