Trans x trans? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #41
AndreaH
WOW! I thought I heard everything. I agree that when they hatch they do look very see through, but they are NOT trans.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #42
BreedersCircle
Gonna have to back up brian on this one.
The reason they call them marketed leucisitics is because we have no true leucistics as of yet and it looks close. So they MARKET them as leucistics. They are by no means translucents. Hypos with very white pigmentation, yes. But whoever told you they were translucents did not know what they were talking about. Not bashing you but just letting ya know they are nowhere near a translucent unless the gene has been added to it ( a project i am actually working on now).

Old 07-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #43
mmdragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
:r ofl:

Are you fricking kidding me man. You realize that a Marketed Leucistic
is just that a MARKETING term. They are not actual leucistic animals. They are merely very low color/paper white dragons that were selectively bred for no color. Often they are combined with the hypo gene to intensify this lack of color by removing even more of the dark pigmentation but they are deffinately not translucent lmao.

Now i believe the confusion that you are having is that the Trans has black eyes which would lead you to believe that a trans would be a leucistic (because the leucistic gene in reptiles typically results in solid blue eyes) but this is not the case. The actual leucistic gene has not popped up yet in the bearded dragon world.

Now the translucent gene is merely translucent skin thats it. It has nothing to do with Hypomelanism or Leucism.

Now before you tell someone they need to know what they are talking about you need to know what you are talking about.

Just really white hypos not trans

Old 07-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #44
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpeteroy View Post
Sorry spyder you need to know what you are talking about first But all marketed leucistics are trans. Know your genes first before you post.

That's right know your stuff before you post!

Old 07-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #45
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpeteroy View Post
Sorry spyder you need to know what you are talking about first But all marketed leucistics are trans. Know your genes first before you post.

and may I add a

Old 07-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #46
Omnomnami
Meh. And now he knows. Lol.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #47
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnomnami View Post
Meh. And now he knows. Lol.
I Love how he was hell bent on the genetic's... He may make a good "defense" lawyer. everybody learns something new sometimes. Its all good. but he was pretty sincere in his post.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #48
ELizCVT04
I'd rather not put the breeder's name, (just know it is a very large "reputable" breeder) but when I asked them about this very same topic of breeding trans to trans, this is the response I got... "yes we have. we don't very often, but we have and if you have healthy bloodlines, it is ok."

Old 07-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #49
rpeteroy
I never said true leucistic I said marketed leucistics are trans. I would like to see a non trans marketed leucistic I bet it is all kinds of grey. The original marketed leucistic were created from hypo pastal trans bred out for less color. Not the more muddy lines and yes diachu created a muddy line on these which are also called marketed leucistics and are not hypo or pastel or trans and are not white as a result. I have produced pure white animals with all black eyes and to my knowledge this is and has always been the true marketed leucistic genetics not some junk someone popped out and said thats white its a marketed leucistic. I was taught that when I picked the first ones up 7-8 years ago. If i am wrong than I should not be, I would not consider a non white non solid eye animal to be called a marketed leucistic. Maybe I should not have charged what I charged and called mine black eyed leucistics then, and sell them for 10x the money???????? I no longer breed these and wish I had pics of mine to show the difference. Also I was simply stating that the guy that had the Marketed leucistics up bred trans to trans Just look at the parents eyes SOLID BLACK Hence they are both tranz. If The acceptance of substandard genetics is your game then produce non white non solid eye color junk and call it marketed leucistic Im certainly not going to lower my standards.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #50
ace9916
I wish u had those pics also I would love to see them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!