Good Guy Ken Foose, Exotic Pets LLC. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:05 AM   #1
tybalt85
Talking Ken Foose, Exotic Pets LLC.

Hello,

I am aware that my full name is a requirement for making this post; my name is Ryan Donahue and I am a resident of southern California. My girlfriend practically begged me to buy her a beardie. We got him home and I caught the bug. Now I keep a veiled and a few other lizards, but I'm writing this post about the two Saharan uromastyx geyri which I purchased from Ken on March 31st.

While looking for a reputable dealer who stocks uros I stumbled on Ken's posts. I noticed that his price was higher than some other sites offering the lizards, but I didn't feel comfortable choosing the lowest price option. I shopped around and decided to give Ken a call. He answered the phone, was friendly, and aswered all my questions in a clear fashion. Still not quite ready to fork over his price, I decided to keep looking. I called around but at the end of my search I felt Ken was more honest than the others who stocked geyri in my price range.

I am very happy with my purchase. Both animals arrived on exactly the day Ken said they would. The two lizards were both healthy, if a bit stressed from shipping. I waited on posting this because I wanted to ensure the lizards' health first. Both specimens are eating well and defecating normally, so far as I can tell. They appear to be an accurately sexed pair of lizards and both show excellent color when warmed up a bit. These two are very active and I look forward to the possibility of breeding the pair some day, once I've acquired the necessary expertise and the animals are sufficiently mature.

I'm sorry for the length of this post but wanted to detail my experience in full. I have been very pleased with this transaction and look forward to buying from Ken again when my finances permit. Please do check around on other vendor's prices. One of the reasons I ended up buying from Ken is that his price was more in line with the prices charged by the two most well-regarded breeders I've researched. I got the distinct feeling while talking to Ken that he priced these animals at what he knows they're worth, not what he might be able to squeeze out of a hobyist.

I am a new member and this is my first post. I'd be very happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the transaction. Perhaps tomorrow I'll post pictures of the two beautiful lizards he shipped.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
BLUESIRTALIS
Ken Foose is a very nice guy! I have done business with him several times and he has always been very helpful. Thanks Ken!

Old 05-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
Captive Bred Excellence
Thumbs up Ken Foose (Exotic Pets)

Ken's one of the "good guys" always willing to help and very knowledgeable. We have done business and been friends for over 20 years, and highly recommend him.

Tad Fitzgerald

Old 05-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
Brandonmarsh29
Ken Foose

I too have done business with Exotics multiple times and I have to agree Ken is a great guy! Very knowledgeable and patient with any questions always happy to help out. I have a subscription to Reptiles and find his column interesting helpful and well written so when I was looking for a male eastern chain king I gave them a call and he was more than happy to double check that it was a male and he is still one of my best snakes. I also have a ghost bull from there and will NO DOUBT have Ken in mind when expanding the family!

Old 05-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #5
Ken Foose
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #6
WHYTEARK
Ken has one of the the Best Reptile Shops out there !! Very enthusiastic Crew that are always smiling, helpful and genuinely seem happy to be there. Always something new and a Great selection of stuff goin on there. Very Clean organized and well lit. Ive known Ken for a Real Long Time and can say hes also one of the best out there himself. Hes like the Superman of the Reptile industry with all he does and is involved with. 5- STARS !!!

Old 05-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #7
tybalt85
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to update and write that both lizards are eating healthy and very active. These two uromastyx were my first online purchase. I couldn't be happier with my choice of vendor, Ken Foose, or the animals he chose for me; thanks again, Ken!

Old 05-11-2014, 02:36 PM   #8
Brandonmarsh29
That is awesome. It's getting hard to find people as patient caring and helpful as Ken. With all the people out there who REFUSE to talk to a customer on the phone or that are so hard to get in touch with once they have your money and act like they are irritated when you are talking to them its so nice to get ahold of someone like Ken who is very friendly and will gladly take the time to answer questions with how busy he is and he took the time to double check a king snake I was buying. I needed a male so he got my info and had me call back later that day so he could make sure I get the right animal. Ken is definitely someone who represents this hobby in a good way!

Old 05-11-2014, 09:43 PM   #9
Tenor Goddess
I too have done business with Ken and it was awesome. Ken is very courteous, provides great customer service and I'm very happy with my critters. Thanks Ken!

Old 11-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #10
chastityx
I just received a beautiful female king from him last week. He was very easy to talk to and got her out the same day I ordered her. She arrived safe and sound the next morning. Thank you Ken.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!