Good Guy Dan of DTS Herp Inc is for Viper Boas - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #61
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro View Post
Don't need backup as my word is gold as you already know.

However, you are welcomed to telephone tomorrow (not 3 AM again) and I will give you a few names of folks who remember it as it was all too funny.

There is not light to bring up anyway. The man tried to push his way into my home and I hinted 10 times that I don't allow strangers into my private collection and advised him to either get to the point quick next time and approach the subject differently. He then telephoned saying he took insult to my advice for him to pursue entry into other peoples homes and started screaming like a madman and voiced he would get into my face and make nasty insults despite he does not know me nor ever bought from me. So all I said is that approach might end up with teeth on the floor is all. He said something about me being fat and hung up the phone. I am 6 foot 1 and 185 pounds of lean meat and fearful only of witches on brooms but not anyone else as I am a fast runner if that is the last resort. I am ready for the meeting. I put baby oil on the six pac abs tonight even.
It seems like you want to keep this going, SO ...... I think its your memory that has failed you...for one I did not call you at three A.M., it was mid afternoon.
I didn't try to push my way into your "home" , I clearly stated that if I was to make a purchase that I will not buy animals anymore these days from people I have not done business with in the past unless I pick the animals out in person.... I don't know what type of customers you prefer, but I don't do business in parking lots from the trunk of a car. I like to see what conditions the animals I consider purchasing are kept. Hand picking also avoids getting something I don't want.

And your explanation of your threats is a bit off, I said you were an insult to the herp industry...and you said I am only saying that because we were on the phone, and I wouldn't dare say it to your face..... if I did you would knock my teeth in. I set it up so we could met in person....you agreed, then decided not to show up. I personally don't make it a habit of showing up at the door step of some one threatens me.... If your going to make a threat, then back it up..otherwise don't.

Personal gain...that's funny..... explain that one !

I'm no expert...BUT it seems your problem is that you treat everyone as a "scammer". Our emails and phone conversation went well until I told you I have read things on the BOI about you, I also told you that I have a mind of my own and that I would make my own decision about you. I also told you that I thought you had decent animals (from what I read here on the BOI as a matter of fact) and would not let the people here determine who I buy from. The BOI is a resource, its not law. My reason for wanting to met you in person and hand pick my purchase is completely legit. But meeting down the road and making "the deal" in the parking lot is pretty shady.
What were you going to do ...bring each and every animal that I was interested in to the parking lot !

As for your dealing with my friend that's between you and him, he placed a want ad for some snakes, you contacted him, and you treated him the same way as you did me because he also wanted to hand pick his purchase.

Telling me, if I tell you to your face what I think of you, that I better duck and run because you'll knock my teeth in ....sure sounds like a threat to me. People call me names ..... so what, doesn't mean I have to make threats' of violence.

Brooksi...... sorry pal but if I were interested in Brooksi I know way to many breeders working with those and will always give my money to people I have done business with in the past (not to mention I only recently started going back to the Daytona event this year).....not buy then from the internet. Besides that, if I decide to purchase from some one with in driving distance ...I ALWAYS PREFER TO PICK THEM UP IN PERSON ! It's safer for the animals and I don't have to worry about what I will get.
And if you take your ads down on peoples word...that's your problem.
So .... .you seem to have me confused with someone else.

And from what I read here, this is typical fashion for you .... rather than deal with this in a professional manner you continue make ridiculous comments about beer, pizza, medication and trailer parks.

So if meeting with you in person will resolve this so be it... I have not once made any threats to you other than telling you have no problems with telling you the the things I have told you on the phone and here in this forum, to you in person...it was you that took offense and made threats, not only to me but a friend of mine as well. It's very easy to see that you are quite unstable.

I will be down your way either Wednesday or Thursday of next week , I plan on making a stop in Charlotte county then on to Exotic Reptile Jungle, after that Miami /Dade Rescue to meet up with the people from Venom 1, then on to Tom's. So just let me know, and I am sure we can set up a meeting time and place. I will even call you well in advance to assure you have ample time to get there.... maybe then we can work this out.

I also see no need to keep this going here on fauna, as I would much rather deal with this in person.... but I will leave that up to you.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #62
Dan Scolaro
Again, you have things a bit twisted and wrong.

I said 20 times I can make arrangements to meet at an establishment and you kept repeating that I said parking lot when I never said parking lot. It was quite obvious you had someone listening in on your conversation by the way.

You may wish to review who is an insult to the herp industry. I sell dozens of herps weekly and never had a single issue with any customer, and you are the one with the web page dedicated to people you cannot get along with. By the time you are 60, you will need an assistant to keep track of the folks you get into arguments with.

And I never said you called at 3 AM. I asked Herpinator to not call at 3 AM.

Read your own email you just wrote. You just admitted to threats of assault. I just gave some good advice that if you or anyone goes nose to nose and assaults, then ducking might good advice. But that is common sense advice you should already know, right?

Nothing is what it seems in your dream world. I deal with dozens of new and past great customers each week and never have a problem. People who tried to scam and threaten and bully for more than the terms of sale are not customers-they are scammers and thieves and will be treated accordingly. I had a mere few folks threaten administrative action and they got what they deserve. I offered the kid another skink, offered 2 vipers boas for 12 bucks each, paid the guy the day the boa arrived, so your conjecture that I had issues is bogus as are the threads and the morons who tried to retaliate and link with the thieves. If you do not like my jerk reaction to scammers, then tell it to a shrink and take your business elsewhere. The real truth is that you wish you had something to fuel your fire, but there will never be a legitimate complaint as I always make good on any issue should one rarely arise.

Sad fact is that I don't like people like you or scammers in this great hobby and your intentions were suspect and bad from the start. Your friend emailed insults and I blocked his email and that is what made you mad and you called to take it out on me and I did not back off and gave you the medicine you deserved.

Regardless, there is no reason to dispute the facts here.

You will pass a rocks throw from the meeting area so name any day and time other than 2-3 PM on a weekday, and I will be there. Again, it is the northwest corner of Hillsboro and Powerline and there is a Wendy's there to meet.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #63
homegrownherps
now thats funny ...me a scammer.....
theres really nothing left to say here.....see ya next week

Old 12-05-2008, 01:34 PM   #64
hhmoore
Quote:
there will never be a legitimate complaint as I always make good on any issue should one rarely arise.
Dan, here's the one thing that seems to be obvious to everybody but you.
Even if we accept your comments about the Bad Guy threads being frivolous, and stemming from people trying to "scam" you, you have acknowledged issues that led you to send replacement animals, give discounts (or free stuff), etc. Those would be legitimate complaints. The fact that you were able to resolve them easily does not mean they never happened.

I don't know you from Adam; but, these threads aside, a number of people have stated that they've done business with you and always been satisfied/happy. It's just hard for people to focus on those things when you post the way you do. It's your business, deal with things the way you want...but you HAVE lost sales to people with money to spend because of it.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #65
Dan Scolaro
Harold: Yea 4 out of 4000 sales tried to bully for more than the terms of sale. So do you have those odds in your sales or do you even know what its like to move thousands of animals? Or do you sell a gecko once a year and that gives you the right to voice your inexperienced opinion on other dealings people have? I have kept idiots and scammers out of my door intentionally and if that is a sacrafice of a dime then its well worth it as my focus is with great customers who I provide great animals. I post the way I do as I do not appreciate your 2 cent opinion of my business or anyones else's business. What gives you any right to stick your nose into people's business? A board of what? Unless you have ALL of the FACTS of any transaction on the table and are able to pick through it carefully and present an unbias opinion, then it would matter. But if folks are going to make half-cocked evaluations of a one-sided version of events based on blither from a scammer, I will not be nice in my responses to the idiots who engage in such garbage writings nor will be nice to the morons I proved wrong in the past and are only here to retailiate.

Look at yourself in the mirror. One of your buddies initiated a nasty comment on another thread and all I told him to stick his fingers in his mouth and behind, and despite he started the crap, you banned me. So you don't have any credit with me either.

Money means nothing compared to the joy of working with animals. I am retired and love the hobby and see stuff on the side and if people want to pull crap, then can read these threads and see they won't pull it on me. If some wack job wants to start a bad boy thread, I could care less and enjoy proving the morons here wrong. I don't think the morons here need to be attached any manner to this great hobby so I love giving them a good kick in their butts.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #66
Junkyard
Quote:
What gives you any right to stick your nose into people's business? A board of what? Unless you have ALL of the FACTS of any transaction on the table and are able to pick through it carefully and present an unbias opinion, then it would matter. But if folks are going to make half-cocked evaluations of a one-sided version of events based on blither from a scammer, I will not be nice in my responses to the idiots who engage in such garbage writings nor will be nice to the morons I proved wrong in the past and are only here to retailiate.
So does this mean you will be leaving and not coming back? If you do not like it here, please do yourself a favor and leave, you do not need this kind of ego-draining garbage anyway. No reason to keep coming back here if people are going to stick their noses in your business, that is just not right. You should be nicer to yourself and forget about all this, your time should remain to your thousands and thousands and thousands of animals you move each year and those customers you like.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #67
Dan Scolaro
Mike, who are you anyway? Do you sell reptiles or are the typical loud mouth payer to speak that's unemployed and plays on a computer all day and night? You keep making nasty and idiotic comments and I never read half of it but you never bought a reptile from me nor ever proved I did anything bad? Why not get a life and stop pissing in the fan because no one believes your garbage. Me leave and give up the fun? Are you nuts? I will be here for the next 20 years to ensure morons like yourself are not permitted to spew their twisted 2 cent opinion on other people's business. I come across with an ego to mess with your head and it appears to work. The folks with common sense see right through it and it makes morons madder so go figure it out for yourself or take a course in communications.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #68
hhmoore
Well, Dan either totally missed my main point...or he's just too wound up to discuss it right now

Old 12-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #69
David Reid
Dan, I know you don't like getting advice, but I am going to say what I have to say, and take it or leave it.

If you just like the confrontation, and like arguing with anyone and everyone, keep it up. I do have to say, that people see your name, and it conjures up negative reactions. These negative reactions are not necessarily from you having bad deals, but the way you handle yourself. YOU are the one that turns a good guy post into 15 pages of BS. You know the people that do not like you, for whatever reason, so when they post something, instead of rehashing old news, why not just keep quiet? The harm done has been by your own hand....others have pushed you, but you LET them. If someone says something good about you, come on here and say thanks, or whatever you want to say to them. When someone else brings up old news, just don't reply....I know it will be difficult, but try it.

If you like the arguing, then forget what I just wrote.

Dave

Old 12-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #70
Southern Wolf
Dan... I think what folks are trying to say is that BECAUSE you come off the way you do you are loosing business.... If you want to spew that blither (did I use your word correctly) and have fun with it... that is your choice.

You may very well have quality animals (I have never seen any... so I cant and wont say) but you ARE costing yourself sales....even if you do have thousands and thousands of sales... why would you want to come off this way. It takes one sale.... then add one more....then add one more to make those thousands.... but if you drive off potential sales...then your thousands will drop one at a time.... and then your thousands of sales... becomes hundreds of sales....then it becomes ??

Im just trying to understand your reasoning behind the way you handle yourself here. Is it strickly for amusment? If so... thats your perogative.... but keep in mind.... that your potential customers.... do sometimes check the BOI before making a purchase... and they are not all scammers, liars, and thiefs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!