Inquiry KNOBTAIL/FLYGUY - Jerry - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #11
Srakha
Sorry, that should have been "was hesitant."

Old 12-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #12
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srakha View Post
The requests I did not respond to were all personal information.. address, phone number, Fed Ex number. As I did not know anything about him at the time, I wasn't too sure about giving those out. He did have my zip code, however, for a shipping quote.

That was another reason why I decided to post here. I would have probably gone on to purchase from him, after seeing all the good feedback he is getting. I am sorry for not doing it first, I wasn't thinking at the time.

He also never addressed the freezing temperatures that I mentioned, so I hesitant.

I would be glad to post the emails, if he doesn't mind.
No apology necessary, Susan. Personally I think your explanation is more than sufficient and satisfying, that if I were Jerry, I'd reconsider and go forward with the deal.

He wants to sell, you want to buy, lets do this.

Happy Endings.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #13
ophidile
I can understand how lots of questions that take a long time to answer and no apparent commitment can be frustrating for anyone... most breeders do not have oodles of time either.

But, probably best just to bluntly (and privately) state to a potential buyer "I'm sorry, I only have so much time to answer questions. I will respond with sale information promptly but may take a while answering further care questions. Meanwhile here are other sources of care info _______. If you are interested in the animals please at least send ____ deposit ____ and I will hold them for you."

Or something, rather than airing out that sort of grievance here.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #14
KNOBTAIL
Wink Apparently, my intuition

sometimes seem to overcome my reason. Not unusual in this business.. I sent Susan some photos of our operation which she replied in an email to me as being "envious". That was done with the intention of her not having to worry about whether we were legit or not. The photos are impressive ! I am very well aware of what freezing weather can accomplish to anything living, and I know full well that unless the temp reaches a level or safety, I would not ship under those conditions to anyone.

But I do want payment. If it means taking the geckos off the market, and holding them (which is not a problem) until the buyer has notified me to ship, it can be accomplished in 24 hours.. If there is some reluctancy on the part of the buyer, then at least let me know so I can offer these to someone else.

With regard to her not knowing me. Its understandable, but I provided photos which she had asked for, I provided husbandry information which she had asked for and I was more then happy to accommodate her as to her method of shipping. That includes sitting on the geckos until it was safe to ship.. But I am entitled to get paid to finalize the transaction.

That is our policy, and its not inconsistant within the business of selling herps. The total amount in question as I stated earlier would be $ 100.00 She had the option of using her own FedEx account or we could use ours..

I may have been a bit demanding in getting a "yes or no" answer, but my last email to Susan as noted below was probably at the 14th message between sending and receiving.

Let me know if your interested in purchasing them. I think we have reached enough in email correspondence for you to make a decision. JERRY

I will out of courtesy make another attempt and if she is willing to purchase them and pay for them, then the terms have been met and she has nothing to worry about when dealing with me. I have no objections to sitting on these little gems until she feels its advisable to ship... JERRY

Old 12-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #15
Srakha
Thank you Jerry, I just sent you a payment.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #16
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post

He wants to sell, you want to buy, lets do this.

Happy Endings.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #17
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
I ask....what is there not to love about me?

Old 12-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #18
KNOBTAIL
Payment in full

has been received, and all shipping related problems have been resolved. Thanks for the input, and have a safe holiday. JERRY
[IMG][/IMG]

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!