Bad Guy Alyy White Spindown Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
Tballs
Thumbs down Alyy White Spindown Reptiles

I contacted Spindown reptiles about a pair of Northern Blue tongues. I asked her what was the price for the pair? She said " $650 plus shipping" several emails passed, I said I would take them! I wanted to speak over the phone before payment, She said " I'll call tonight" After several hours passed the time she said she would call, she said "I'll call tomorrow". I agreed, then 10 mins. Later I received an email saying she had another offer! WTF. I explained to her I didn't know this was an auction? Nevertheless I would not ever do business with them! Beware!

Old 09-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
kmrkvicka
Did she at any point tell you that your sale was confirmed? I agree that this can be frustrating, but it in no way makes her a "bad guy" - also, have you made her aware of this thread?

Old 09-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #3
SapphireTigress1
Hi, I want to just respond to this immediately: I stated IN MY ADS, that I was accepting offers. I never said I was accepting this offer, but I did answer all questions. It is unfortunate that the OP missed this wording in the offer, but never once did I say that I was exclusively accepting the offer.

I did inquire as to how they found me, to go back and see if I had somehow not clearly communicated this, but they said they didn't see my ad. If so, I'm confused as to how they contacted me?

Either way, I'm sorry that the OP was offended by this misunderstanding, and have already tendered a very sincere apology. I have this entire conversation via email, if needed. Its very long as I'm not good at screenshots.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #4
Tballs
When someone asks for a sale price and the other parties agrees to pay that price and says I'll take them,call me for payment. Then leads you around by multiple emails that's no way to do business! She will be made aware

Old 09-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #5
SapphireTigress1
The OP never told me about this thread, a concerned friend made me aware.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #6
kmrkvicka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tballs View Post
When someone asks for a sale price and the other parties agrees to pay that price and says I'll take them,call me for payment. Then leads you around by multiple emails that's no way to do business! She will be made aware
I am very sorry if someone led you to believe that all business is conducted this way. I have every reason to believe that Alyy was not only looking for a sale, but a good, qualified home for her animals. Perhaps the other person was able to meet her criteria before you. When we lose out on an animal we want, it is for sure a bummer, but in no way is saying "I'll take it" a guarantee that you will get to purchase the animals.

Tballs - this reflects more poorly on you as a buyer, than on Alyy as a seller. She did nothing wrong.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:14 PM   #7
CMReptiles
Let me just say Alyy White is one of the BEST KSB breeders I know. I can vouch for her upstanding status in the WA State herp community. Her animals are clean, well fed, and many of them have been used for outreaches including these two blueys!
Sounds like the OP is mad his offer wasn't accepted.
Newsflash...people ARE allowed to accept a better offer especially since sexed blue tongue skinks are a rare commodity.

- Caitlin Mathews, CMR

Old 09-16-2014, 10:16 PM   #8
SapphireTigress1
Forgot to ad, I told the OP that the time of the call was moved tomorrow. With all messages I responded within the hour, usually within minutes. Communication was never lacking between us at any time.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:17 PM   #9
SapphireTigress1
As all of my ads stated explicitly that I was taking offers, I never stated it in my emails, because I still don't know which ad the OP was responding to, they didn't deign to tell me. :/

Old 09-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #10
Tballs
I have the emails at no time did she state she was taking offers!! At no time did she inform me that the sale wasn't accepted, or that offers were still being considered! BS. I found the ad by a google search. She set the value not me, I however accepted. If it was an auction type she should've disclosed my agreement of her offer would be considered but she was still accepting other offers! Misleading is Not a way to conduct business! No matter how you slice it, that was wrong & completely unprofessional!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
blue tongue skink